• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: thanks again for all the laughs :lol: once again you are just spouting off at the mouth and saying nothing that is relevant. Do you not have anything to say about the 71-88 Baltimore Orioles, leading your self proclaimed best division in baseball AL East. I mean come on. What you dont realize that playing at .500 in the major leagues means that you are about 10 games away from making the postseason in most cases, having a whole division play at that level for an entire year is unheard of. Oh yeah go ahead and down play the depth of the NL East, there are a bunch of senior writers and ESPN analysts that agree with me, but hey I mean you know what the word Parity means so you are the most qualified, right? And over a 162 games season, that is less than 8 percent of the games played. But I forgot you are so caught up in the word parity you can't think of anything else.

:blink: thanks again for all the laughs :lol: once again you are just spouting off at the mouth and saying nothing that is relevant. Do you not have anything to say about the 71-88 Baltimore Orioles, leading your self proclaimed best division in baseball AL East. I mean come on. What you dont realize that playing at .500 in the major leagues means that you are about 10 games away from making the postseason in most cases, having a whole division play at that level for an entire year is unheard of. Oh yeah go ahead and down play the depth of the NL East, there are a bunch of senior writers and ESPN analysts that agree with me, but hey I mean you know what the word Parity means so you are the most qualified, right? And over a 162 games season, that is less than 8 percent of the games played. But I forgot you are so caught up in the word parity you can't think of anything else.

Oh, yea of great relavancy :lol::lol::lol: I thought we had agreed you think having every team at .500 makes a division more difficult to win than having 2 teams that win 95 games, which is incorrect. And we agreed that you think winning division championships is more important than winning World Series, which I do not.

And the Baltimore Orioles reference-the Orioles were a mediocre team that got off to a hot start, then came back to earth, then collapsed after the Palmero thing-you do keep up with some baseball besides the greatest team to ever play the game (Braves) don't you. Without this collapse, theywould have finished around .500 and been in the same class as the great teams in the NL East. The Expos were a terrible team last year who moved, improved a little, played better and led a medicre division for half the year.

Oh, the relavant FACTS you have given me, I already knew. Every team in the Nl East is close to .500, Braves won this division. man that's great stuff <

And as for your experts, on ESPN radio yesterday, all concurred the Braves divison was impressive, but not in elite category due to lack of championships. Their job, as the experts you listened to is to talk and generate debate, which works.

If you honestly think Braves divison championships are more impressive than Patriots winning 3 of last 4 Super Bowls or Spurs winning 3 of last (4 or 5) don't watch much NBA championships or many other such achievements, that is truly

mind boggling.

The difference in you and I is I am taking an impartial look at the situation. I am not anti-Brave as you think. I like the Braves and have since the Dale Murphy days. You are just looking at things through Brave colored glasses.

I am tiring of this debate because as I have stated it has been settled. You have your Brave colored opinion and I have a different opinion. The only thing we disagree on is criteria for the best division and if division championships are more important or World Series titles are more important. These are just opinions and not facts. The facts are clear and indisputable.

Have a nice playoffs--this will be my last post on the subject.

Simple as this, ask any Cards fan who they would have rather played last year in the NLCS or who we would rather play this year.

95% or higher will will say Atlanta over Houston.

And this has what to do with the NL East being the best division in baseball?

Just for you info ask Braves fans who they would rather play and 95% would say the Cards over the Astros! Stros will be tough in a short series! :thumb:

The only thing that is mind-boggling to me is that someone could actually sya that the NL East is not the the best division in baseball when every team in that division was in the playoff picture going into the final month of the season!

So you can honestly say if you woke up tommorrow morning and read in the paper the Braves had been moved to AL East, you would say "Good, that (most coveted of all things) 15th straight division title is going to be a lot easier to win now that we have to beat the Yankees and Red Sox instead of the Phillies, Mets, Nationals and Marlins--glad we're getting away from those .500 teams"

Can anyone HONESTLY tell me they would think their chances improved to win division title--not could they win it, they might--but that they had a better chance than in NL East.

If you can't be honest with me, at least be honest with yourself.

pssss.....the AL east would kick the NL easts *** if they played. that is by far the worst division to have to play in. your doomed from the start cause there is no gettin by the Yanks and Sox, and when your 3rd in your division that means no playoffs. the NL east is still the toughest division from top to bottom though.

You are contradicting yourself in your comments. You saying the AL East would kill the NL East if they play played, but you say the NL East is toughest top to bottom. Which means the bottom teams in the NL East are better than the bottom teams in the AL East. If you matched these two divisions 1 vs 1 , 2 v 2, 3 v 3, etc. The NL East would win 3-2. Yes the Yankees and Red Sox are two good teams, but try playing in a division were you had no gimme series.

You are contradicting yourself in your comments. You saying the AL East would kill the NL East if they play played, but you say the NL East is toughest top to bottom. Which means the bottom teams in the NL East are better than the bottom teams in the AL East. If you matched these two divisions 1 vs 1 , 2 v 2, 3 v 3, etc. The NL East would win 3-2. Yes the Yankees and Red Sox are two good teams, but try playing in a division were you had no gimme series.

Wow, what a reach.

If one divsion's 5th place team is better than the other division's 5th place team, that makes taht division better, Wow.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Phillies move to within one of Stros. Come on Phils, I think one thing we can agree on is we would prefer not to have stros in playoffs.

Yankees and ReD Sox tied, Indian can move into to tie with win--in extras as I write.

Can't wait for the playoffs. Heck this weekend should be fun but maybe a little hairy for Yanks a pair of Sox.

im not contradicting myself you just dont understand what im saying. i'd rather play in the NL east than the AL east because you have absolutely no chance at making the playoffs when your stuck behind the 2 highest payrolls in baseball, but every team in the NL east had a shot at the playoffs for a majority of the season. as far as having stiff competition every night, the NL east wins that since all 5 teams are solid, but like i said, your doomed in the AL east...yes you can dominate the D Rays but your gonna get smoked by the Redsox AND the Yankees...dominate 1, get dominated by 2, that means no playoffs.

NL East=toughest division top to bottom

AL East=toughest division to play in for team not named the Yankees or Red Sox

In other news, the Cards wrapped up their second consectutive of 100 wins, first time since the 42-44 seasons. Nice feat, still means nothing unless we win 11 more games though.

Interesting fact through, Cards went 50-29 against the Central and 50-33 against teams outside of the Central. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

Also, second interesting fact, the Padres went 4-3 against the Cards, 5-1 against the Braves, and 3-4 against the Astros this season.

justdontno, you need to belly up and start talking! You are a pretty cool cat to chat with, but your AL EAst division(is the best in baseball) is one game away from being done for the winter! The White Sox nor the Angels look intimidated by the Yanks or the Sox! I know, the Braves may get eliminated also, but you talked as if no one wanted any part of theses two teams, that they were just that tough! All I said was that the Braves played in the best division, top to bottom! I hope to see a Cards/Braves NLCS, theses boards will be blasting if that happens! :)

BTW I started this thread on the Braves and I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but my 5 reason have looked pretty good! :)