Fuggly Quote!

We might has well had not showed up for the games, but at least we can be consistent with our winning.

How much more consistent is 13 straight divisional titles? How much more consistent is 6 100+ win seasons in that time, 12 90+ win seasons, and then oh yea that down year where the Braves only won 88 games! How Much more consistent can you be than playing in 8 straight NL champ series(91-93,95-99)? How much more consistent do you want that simply going out and winning day after day and making the playoffs year after year?

How can you say the Cards are consistent and the Braves arent?

Since 1991:

Playoff series

Cards-10

Braves-24

Losing division by 10 games or worse

Cards-8 times

Braves-0

100+ win seasons

Cards-1

Braves-6

90+ win seasons

Cards-4

Braves-12

NL Champs

Cards-1

Braves-5

Years of .600+ Baseball

Cards-1

Braves-8

OK I will stop there, but dont be talking about the Braves when you talk about being consistent, because they are the model of consistency!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, learn what in the world you are talking about! The Braves were exactly 42-34 when you posted this and the Cards just 47-28! And BTW, lets not forget Atlanta taking 2 out of 3 from the Cards with a bunch of rookies! Weak division? LOL :P , pay attention, the Braves play in the best division in baseball, that is the reason there record is like that and if you would ever watched any sports programs or read any sports magazine, every major baseball journalist says that the NL East is by far the best division in baseball! Here is a little "Did You Know", did you know that the NL east is the only division in baseball that every team in the division is .500 or better? So come on, get real!

825695642[/snapback]

My fault about the record. I like how you say the Cards JUST 47-28. The Cardinals got that record without Rolen who was out for 8 weeks. They don't even get hot until after the all-star break. Atlanta better hope they can beat out CHC for the wild card as well, because it doesn't look like Washington's gonna give up that top spot.

My fault about the record.  I like how you say the Cards JUST 47-28.  The Cardinals got that record without Rolen who was out for 8 weeks.  They don't even get hot until after the all-star break.  Atlanta better hope they can beat out CHC for the wild card as well, because it doesn't look like Washington's gonna give up that top spot.

825695819[/snapback]

First of all I stated it like that because the Cards are just 5 games better than the Braves and the Braves are in a much better division playing with a bunch of rookies due to all the injuries! If Atlanta doesnt win there division, it wont have nothing to do with Washington, because they are playing well above there heads right now and they will eventually fold, past history shows that we have one team like this every year! I am more worried about the last place Mets than I am the Nationals! thumb

Edited by gotmilk?

First of all I stated it like that because the Cards are just 5 games better than the Braves and the Braves are in a much better division playing with a bunch of rookies due to all the injuries!

825695883[/snapback]

And the Cardinals have been playing a bunch of bench players too due to injuries to Walker, Edmonds, Molina, and especially Rolen. So don't give me injuries as an excuse.

And the Cardinals have been playing a bunch of bench players too due to injuries to Walker, Edmonds, Molina, and especially Rolen.  So don't give me injuries as an excuse.

825696396[/snapback]

Excuse? I am not making excuses, why would I do that, the Braves are winning! Besides, I dont think the Cards have had there 2-3-4 pitchers(Hudson, Hampton, Thomson) miss a major part of the season thus far! That is 3 pitchers that have missed over 20 starts combined! And let me remind you of one more thing, the Cards have some vets with expierence replacing there injuried players(Mabry, Taguchi, Diaz) and the Braves have a bunch of inexpierenced players(Johnson, Marte, McCann, Betemit, Orr, Langerhans,etc) who are really playing like vets and who took 2 out of 3 from the Cards! But no excuses here, the Braves are one of the best teams in MLB so why would I be making excuses? :lol:

How could anyone think the Phillies, Nats, Mets Marlins and Braves are the best division in baseball?

Reality Check--These are the Montreal Expos that are leading the "best division in baseball"

Cardinals need to win a WS. It's been too long. But if you think 1 in the last 45 years makes the Braves more successful, don't see the logic in that. For all the numbers and division titles you quote, it's resulted in 1 WS title for the Braves.

The Cardinals have tradition with the 9 WS titles but only 1 in the last 35 years, they need to get the job done this year, as do the Braves.

The Minnesota Twins, Florida Marlins (who have only had a team for 15 years), Toronto Blue Jays and of course Yankees have won more WS than the Cardinals or the Braves in the last 25 years.

How could anyone think the Phillies, Nats, Mets Marlins and Braves are the best division in baseball?

Reality Check--These are the  Montreal Expos that are leading the "best division in baseball"

Cardinals need to win a WS. It's been too long.  But if you think 1 in the last 45 years makes the Braves more successful, don't see the logic in that.  For all the numbers and division titles you quote, it's resulted in 1 WS title for the Braves.

The Cardinals have tradition with the 9 WS titles but only 1 in the last 35 years, they need to get the job done this year, as do the Braves. 

The Minnesota Twins, Florida Marlins (who have only had a team for 15 years), Toronto Blue Jays and of course Yankees have won more WS than the Cardinals or the Braves in the last 25 years.

825696585[/snapback]

So you dont think the Braves are successful? And yes I think that the Braves are far more successful than the Cards over the past 13 years!

Excuse? I am not making excuses, why would I do that, the Braves are winning! Besides, I dont think the Cards have had there 2-3-4 pitchers(Hudson, Hampton, Thomson) miss a major part of the season thus far! That is 3 pitchers that have missed over 20 starts combined! And let me remind you of one more thing, the Cards have some vets with expierence replacing there injuried players(Mabry, Taguchi, Diaz) and the Braves have a bunch of inexpierenced players(Johnson, Marte, McCann, Betemit, Orr, Langerhans,etc) who are really playing like vets and who took 2 out of 3 from the Cards!  But no excuses here, the Braves are one of the best teams in MLB so why would I be making excuses? :P

825696442[/snapback]

I'd rather have Andy Marte than somebody with experience. Easily. Experience is highly overrated. It's all about skill.