But not over the last 25.  Isn't it fun playing with moving endpoints?

825696769[/snapback]

Actually, the Braves have been alot more successful over the last 25 years also!

The Braves have won 1 World Series and 14 division crowns in the last 25 years and the Cards have won 1 World Series and and 9 Division Crowns!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like the old days when only 2 teams made post season. One fourth of the team in the ML make the playoffs. Yes the Braves have been moderately successful as have the Cardinals. But it's all about winning THE WS. Nobody but fans wanting to make arguments for "their" team care about #2 or #4 or #8.

The Braves may make the playoffs this year, they will not win the WS IMO. The Cardinals will make the playoffs and have a chance to win WS. But if they don't it will be just another season without a championship. It wasn't 86 years since RedSox were in playoffs or WS, it was 86 years since they won it all. It's been 23 for the Cardinals and 10 for the Braves, so I consider the playoff appearances good, but not successful.

Actually, the Braves have been alot more successful over the last 25 years also!

The Braves have won 1 World Series and 14 division crowns in the last 25 years and the Cards have won 1 World Series and and 9 Division Crowns!

825696776[/snapback]

But most of those 14 have come in smaller divisions, while the Cardinals won most of their 9 with just two divisions.

But most of those 14 have come in smaller divisions, while the Cardinals won most of their 9 with just two divisions.

825696892[/snapback]

You were talking about excuses earlier, now that is an excuse! What you have to look at though, is most of the time the Braves have won there division, they have had the best record in the NL! thumb

• 2 weeks later...
Top 5 reason the Braves will Win the division!

5. Best Team. From top to bottom, the Braves are the best in the division! Washington is playing good ball, but we all know they will fold in the second half, Florida has good pitching, but they are very inconsistant and the hitting seems to be getting worse, the Phillies are the same Phils of the past two seasons, they make a run then go on a losing streak, and you cant win like that and the Mets which may be the second best team just doesnt have no chemistry whatsoever and dont look like they are going to make a serious push!

825694804[/snapback]

I am looking pretty accurate so far!

The Braves have had some of the best talent than anyone over the last 10-15 yrs. And only have 1 Ring to show for it . Cox is the problem. Good reg season coach . Choker in the play-offs.

825704281[/snapback]

Since there streak begin, name me some HOF calibur players they had besides Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz! If Andruw can stay on track he will have a chance with Chip and Sheff(who only played 2 seasons in ATL) having outside chances!

I will start though: Steve Avery, Mike Stanton, Damon Berryhill, Greg Olsen, Brian Hunter, Sid Bream, Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, Terry Pendleton, Ron Gant, Otis Nixon, Deion Sanders, David Justice, Lonnie Smith, Francisco Cabrera, Greg Mcmichael, Pete Smith, Ryan Klesko, Rafael Belliard, Charlie Liebrandt, Kent Mercker, Mark Wohlers, Jeff Treadway, Marquis Grissom, Javy Lopez, Brian Jordan, JD Drew, Eddie Perez, Henry Blanco, Jose Oliva, Denny Neagle, John Rocker, etc.

That was just a few names off the top of my head of past players and several of those havent hung around long! I blame the from office for trading off some of the best talent like Jason Schmit, Odalis Perez, and Jermaine Dye to name a few!

Since there streak begin, name me some HOF calibur players they had besides Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz! If Andruw can stay on track he will have a chance with Chip and Sheff(who only played 2 seasons in ATL) having outside chances!

I will start though: Steve Avery, Mike Stanton, Damon Berryhill, Greg Olsen, Brian Hunter, Sid Bream, Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, Terry Pendleton, Ron Gant, Otis Nixon, Deion Sanders, David Justice, Lonnie Smith, Francisco Cabrera, Greg Mcmichael, Pete Smith, Ryan Klesko, Rafael Belliard, Charlie Liebrandt, Kent Mercker, Mark Wohlers, Jeff Treadway, Marquis Grissom, Javy Lopez, Brian Jordan, JD Drew, Eddie Perez, Henry Blanco, Jose Oliva, Denny Neagle, John Rocker, etc.

That was just a few names off the top of my head of past players and several of those havent hung around long! I blame the from office for trading off some of the best talent like Jason Schmit, Odalis Perez, and Jermaine Dye to name a few!

825704315[/snapback]

Very true.

825704315[/snapback]

Four sure-fire HOFers and a guy with a fringe chance...yeah, it must be hard winning when 20% of your roster is going to Cooperstown.