Top 5 reason the Braves will Win the division!

5. Best Team. From top to bottom, the Braves are the best in the division! Washington is playing good ball, but we all know they will fold in the second half, Florida has good pitching, but they are very inconsistant and the hitting seems to be getting worse, the Phillies are the same Phils of the past two seasons, they make a run then go on a losing streak, and you cant win like that and the Mets which may be the second best team just doesnt have no chemistry whatsoever and dont look like they are going to make a serious push!

4. Young Players. The Braves have alot of young guys that are being very productive for them right now and that expierence will pay off down the stretch! Betemit, Johnson, Orr, McCann, Langerhans, and Davies!

3. Andruw Jones. This is actually going to be the year this man lives up to his potential! The man is batting .278 24HR, 54RBI before the All-star break! Andruw has shown at times he still has that inconsistancy, but it is not near as bad as years past and it seem like with each game he is learning more and more about how to refine his swing to get base hits!

2. Injuries. The Braves only have 5 position players starting day to day that started opening day and only two of those have not missed alot time due injury(LaRoche and Furcal)! The Braves have there 2-3-4 pitcher on the DL(Hudson, Hampton, Thomson)! With all theses guys missing, the Braves are still just 3 games out and once theses guys return this team should march straight to another division title!

1. Bobby Cox. By far the best manager in baseball and refuses to let his team lay down regardless the circumstances! A great manager of talent and can get the best out of ever player on the ball club! Knows when young guys are ready to contribute to the team and brings them up at the right time! Never afraid to let a young player get the big hit(ex. Andruw Jones-1996 World Series)!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 reason the Braves will Win the division!

5. Best Team. From top to bottom, the Braves are the best in the division! Washington is playing good ball, but we all know they will fold in the second half, Florida has good pitching, but they are very inconsistant and the hitting seems to be getting worse, the Phillies are the same Phils of the past two seasons, they make a run then go on a losing streak, and you cant win like that and the Mets which may be the second best team just doesnt have no chemistry whatsoever and dont look like they are going to make a serious push!

4. Young Players. The Braves have alot of young guys that are being very productive for them right now and that expierence will pay off down the stretch! Betemit, Johnson, Orr, McCann, Langerhans, and Davies!

3. Andruw Jones. This is actually going to be the year this man lives up to his potential! The man is batting .278 24HR, 54RBI before the All-star break! Andruw has shown at times he still has that inconsistancy, but it is not near as bad as years past and it seem like with each game he is learning more and more about how to refine his swing to get base hits!

2. Injuries. The Braves only have 5 position players starting day to day that started opening day and only two of those have not missed alot time due injury(LaRoche and Furcal)! The Braves have there 2-3-4 pitcher on the DL(Hudson, Hampton, Thomson)! With all theses guys missing, the Braves are still just 3 games out and once theses guys return this team should march straight to another division title!

1. Bobby Cox. By far the best manager in baseball and refuses to let his team lay down regardless the circumstances! A great manager of talent and can get the best out of ever player on the ball club! Knows when young guys are ready to contribute to the team and brings them up at the right time! Never afraid to let a young player get the big hit(ex. Andruw Jones-1996 World Series)!

825694804[/snapback]

Two words.......Washington Nationals.

Hahaha B)  :angry: .......No, I hope the braves do win the division.  I am a Cardinals fan, and CountryBoy4Life has a point.  The Braves would be easier to beat in the playoffs.

825695106[/snapback]

Not to hurt your feelings, but I didnt see the Cards put up to much of a fight against the Sox in the WS!

Not to hurt your feelings, but I didnt see the Cards put up to much of a fight against the Sox in the WS!

825695291[/snapback]

You are correct my friend. We got embarassed. We might has well had not showed up for the games, but at least we can be consistent with our winning. What are the braves today, like 38-37? If you can be on top of a division with that record, you are in a weak one.

You are correct my friend.  We got embarassed.  We might has well had not showed up for the games, but at least we can be consistent with our winning.  What are the braves today, like 38-37?  If you can be on top of a division with that record, you are in a weak one.

825695362[/snapback]

LOL, learn what in the world you are talking about! The Braves were exactly 42-34 when you posted this and the Cards just 47-28! And BTW, lets not forget Atlanta taking 2 out of 3 from the Cards with a bunch of rookies! Weak division? LOL :lol: , pay attention, the Braves play in the best division in baseball, that is the reason there record is like that and if you would ever watched any sports programs or read any sports magazine, every major baseball journalist says that the NL East is by far the best division in baseball! Here is a little "Did You Know", did you know that the NL east is the only division in baseball that every team in the division is .500 or better? So come on, get real!

And Atlanta was doing what during the World Series?  And the NLCS?

825695405[/snapback]

I would assume they were watching! And what exactly have the Cards been doing for the past 14 years? I can tell you the Braves have been hard at it, wrapping up 13 straight divisional titles, playing in 9 NL Champioship series, and 5 World Series, not to mention that trophy they won in 1995!