Class 5A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Man!  That will be a tough homecoming game!  Who was it you guys played your senior year?  Was it Beech?  Coach J sure does schedule some tough homecoming opponents.  Used to be everyone scheduled cupcakes for HC.  We always used to play Jackson Co. or someone else in a lower class.  Didn't you get hurt in that HC game, also?

Now back to the region.  I say Cookeville of course.  Although Lincoln Co. will be the test.

825700342[/snapback]

Coach J always likes to scheduele tough opponents for homecoming. He wants to beat a good team rather than a crappy team. It really has started to make the team better, though, because they know they can't slack off ANY of the ten week season.

Indeed we did play Beech my senior year, on Tennessee Tech's turf field. We were blown out of the water. I rolled my ankle once, came out of the game and put about a pound of tape on it, went back out there and rolled it a second time. Coach finally told me to sit the rest of the game out b/c I think we had Lincoln County the next week.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy up in crossville told me that the jets lost 3 asst. coaches

all on good terms.As far as hiring replacements he said that

no one has been hired yet.The jets will need all the help they can get

to compete in the region.For the kids i hope they hire soon.

Go Cavs

I heard <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a> has lost their top two TB's including the one that saw large quantities of pt last year.  Anyone know if this is true?  I heard they plan on starting a freshman....  This is all second-hand knowledge so I don't know how tue it is.

825701799[/snapback]

I know their star rb did not play in the spring and there are a lot of rumors flying around, but from what I have heard, he is still on the team.

Coach J always likes to scheduele tough opponents for homecoming.  He wants to beat a good team rather than a crappy team.  It really has started to make the team better, though, because they know they can't slack off ANY of the ten week season.

Indeed we did play Beech my senior year, on Tennessee Tech's turf field.  We were blown out of the water.  I rolled my ankle once, came out of the game and put about a pound of tape on it, went back out there and rolled it a second time.  Coach finally told me to sit the rest of the game out b/c I think we had Lincoln County the next week.

825700585[/snapback]

I thought I remembered that correctly. I talked to you when you came out of the fieldhouse after the game, and I thought something was wrong, but I didn't remember what. I think it hurt playing on the turf, more than helping. A muddy field might have helped, but it was already in such bad shape that a game on it that night would have destroyed it. Even though it was a blowout, you guys never quit in that game! thumb

LC has won all of their scrimmages this year against Smyrna, Lee High out of Huntsville, and passing scrimmages against Giles County. I think they go to Mboro on a couple of weeks for some type of camp. That will let the cat out of the bag. The powerhouse will be back this year with a lot of confident, hard playing kids. Last year they were intimidated by some teams, this year I dont think that will be the case. LC LC LC!!