Brandon Warren

PTSportsWriter

Guest catfish-hunter
More power to him!

It seems he would at least pick the right school in Florida!

Didn't Miami's last two tight ends end up in the NFL????-Schokey-Winslow

I still don't know how he could pass up on the VOLS????

But, good luck!

825700155[/snapback]

Actually Miami's last three TE's ended up playing in the NFL (Winslow, Shockey, AND Bubba Franks).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that's kinda sour grapes to me guys. Brandon will be afforded the very best opportunity to shine on one of the worlds biggest stages, MUCH more often than at UT. His dream was to go to FSU, ALL HIS LIFE.

Be happy for him or let it go. :lol:

I mean im glad you see it that way, but if the NFL is the ultimate goal then going to FSU as a TE isnt the ticket. I understand that he grew up watching FSU and became a big fan, but sometimes you gotta think long term and where u are going to be. A TE at FSU gets less reps than kickers do at UT. You can call it sour grapes or what not, but thats definetly not it. We (Vols) will survive this. Its not really that big of a deal. It just doesnt look good when you have a highly touted recruit right next to your campus and you cant reel him in.

In closing id like to say this. Brandon better hope Bobby retires and Steele or Richt takeover that job because thats the only way FSU will compete again. Their days are over and Bobby is approaching JoePa status. Speaking of JoePa I think he was the last coach to come into Knoxville and steal away a big time blue chipper....His name was??? Leroy Thompson. What did he do in college? Anyways...I wish Brandon luck, but I just think this decision was made on emotions and not reality. Que Psi ROOO ROOO!

Well first of all as I mentioned earlier Brandon Warren or anyone else saying that they are going to FSU, UT or anywhere else doesn't mean a thing until February!

Now as a UT fan I would like for any local Tennessee high school player capable of playing at a D1 level or at least being able to play at a school like UT or FSU go to Tennessee.

Now if you look at the Tennessee depth chart at TE and if he was being recruited as a TE then you can see why he doesn't want to go to UT.

They will have 5 TE's on scholorship when the season starts.

Chris Brown (6'3, 240) So. (starter)

Brad Cottam (6'8, 265) So.

Jake Finlayson (6'5, 285) Sr. (will be in on blocking plays)

Justin Reed (6'7, 290) Sr. (blocking TE and as well)

Jeff Cottam (6'7, 270) Fr. (may eventually move to OT)

Tennessee will probaby look for a (blocking) TE in this recruiting class but the position I don't think is a mandatory need with this class.

Edited by Sequatchie

Well first of all as I mentioned earlier Brandon Warren or anyone else saying that they are going to FSU, UT or anywhere else doesn't mean a thing until February!

Now as a UT fan I would like for any local Tennessee high school player capable of playing at a D1 level or at least being able to play at a school like UT or FSU go to Tennessee. 

Now if you look at the Tennessee depth chart at TE and if he was being recruited as a TE then you can see why he doesn't want to go to UT.

Chris Brown (6'3, 240) So.  (starter)

Justin Reed (6'7, 290) Sr.  (blocking TE and as well)

Jeff Cottam (6'7, 270) Fr.  (may eventually move to OT)

Tennessee will probaby look for a (blocking) TE in this recruiting class but the position I don't think is a mandatory need with this class.

825700702[/snapback]

SO are you saying he is afraid of competition? Hmmm.... The vols already have a TE commitment this year in Luke Stocker and he has great size and a nice frame to add on more weight if necessary. I dont understand how he can say he made an ASSUMPTION on tennessee playing him at DE. How about you just call the old ball coach up and ask? I mean if youre going to play ball u should play wherever its going to help the team out more.

Alcoa[/url]Ryder24' date='Jul 13 2005 - 04:36 PM']This is Brandon and I just want to get on here and personally thank everyone for their support and respect for the commitment that I've made to Florida State.  Guys I have no problem with the Vols, they have a great program, and a rich tradition and i love the state of Tennessee, and the people here but when it all came down to it I had to go with my heart and my dream to play at FSU and that's what i did. Again thanks for everything, and lets get ready for another season of high school football in tennessee

Go Tornadoes

825700551[/snapback]

<_< Congrads Brandon!!!

I'm a Vol fan and wish Brandon Warren would have picked the Vols, but it is hard to root against a young man who chases his dream and conducts himself with class. Congrats Brandon, and get yourself a good education down in Tallahassee, along with the great football you will be playing!! This guy seems first class and I wish him the best. I hope he goes to four national title games, catches 10 balls in each game, loses to UT in OT each time, LOL, and is a first round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans. I think its great that he is pursuing his lifelong dream of playing at FSU for a legendary coach. Not too many kids get the opportunity to do that type of thing. Again, good luck Mr. Warren, your family should be proud!!

Chris Brown (6'3, 240) So.  (starter)

Justin Reed (6'7, 290) Sr.  (blocking TE and as well)

Jeff Cottam (6'7, 270) Fr.  (may eventually move to OT)

825700702[/snapback]

SO are you saying he is afraid of competition? Hmmm.... The vols already have a TE commitment this year in Luke Stocker and he has great size and a nice frame to add on more weight if necessary. I dont understand how he can say he made an ASSUMPTION on tennessee playing him at DE. How about you just call the old ball coach up and ask? I mean if youre going to play ball u should play wherever its going to help the team out more.

825700721[/snapback]

Considering FSU also signed the 8th ranked TE in the country I don`t think Brandon is turned off by his competition.

Considering FSU also signed the 8th ranked TE in the country I don`t think Brandon is turned off by his competition.

825700891[/snapback]

Would you be willing to look up how many passes FSU tight ends or H-backs caught last year? Thanks.

Hate it or love it, but Warren will be a DL in college.

I'm not sure why someone would want to have the ball in their hands 10-12 times a YEAR while playing TE at FSU when they can be a huge impact player at DE. Of course FSU is going to feed the "well, we haven't had a player like you" line when asked why they don't use the TE...WHAT ELSE ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO SAY? The production (or lack thereof) from TE's in their system is a direct result of them simply not being a part of their system. This isn't going to change. Warren is a great player but Kellen Winslow he's not.

You're moving to DE. I give you 3 weeks in the fall at practice before they make the move. They aren't going to waste an athlete at TE there.