Private vs. Public

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the little private schools have no money thing......

take CCS

ever been in our gym? It's a 1 sided bleacher where we throw our band in the corner, make our cheerleaders sit down if we have the side bleachers out, the bleachers are made of wood and are falling apart, we have to bring in metal bleachers for homecoming.... oh yeah homecoming and basketball... we can't afford a football team, even so they wouldn't have a place to play.........

and yet we put signs up all around the building, play music and make life very terrible for those who visit during games.... (i.e. loud music, a packed house, usually a good team)

I'm tired of ranting :lol:

Going back to the little private schools have no money thing......

take CCS

ever been in our gym? It's a 1 sided bleacher where we throw our band in the corner, make our cheerleaders sit down if we have the side bleachers out, the bleachers are made of wood and are falling apart, we have to bring in metal bleachers for homecoming.... oh yeah homecoming and basketball... we can't afford a football team, even so they wouldn't have a place to play.........

and yet we put signs up all around the building, play music and make life very terrible for those who visit during games.... (i.e. loud music, a packed house, usually a good team)

I'm tired of ranting  :lol:

825709144[/snapback]

Who is CCS? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Boyds facilities are bad. I have seen them practice on the outfield of the baseball field.

As already stated there is a huge difference between DI privates and DII privates at least in Chattanooga.

Not sure how much Howard's new gym cost but it had to be in the millions. It is nice.

I am not sure if I can name a DI public school that has worse facilities than any of the DI privates in Chattanooga.

Boyds facilities are bad.  I have seen them practice on the outfield of the baseball field. 

As already stated there is a huge difference between DI privates and DII privates at least in Chattanooga. 

Not sure how much Howard's new gym cost but it had to be in the millions.  It is nice. 

I am not sure if I can name a DI public school that has worse facilities than any of the DI privates in Chattanooga.

825716890[/snapback]

Boyd is spending $1,300,000 to upgrade. Don't think you're on track there.

Antwan,

The $1.3 million figure is a little misleading. That is the goal for fund-raising. Only a small percentage of it has actually been raised so far. What that means is that some of the facilities will be upgraded over the next few years as funds are raised. Unlike many of the public school systems, schools like BBS cannot build or renovate until funds are available. As a result, the visitors stands have been significantly improved for this season. Home facilities will have to wait until later.

BTW, I'm not trying to be negative towards my school. I just wanted to remind some people of the realities of life at the small Christian school D-1 level. I know some of those same realities exist at small public schools as well.

Antwan,

The $1.3 million figure is a little misleading.  That is the goal for fund-raising.  Only a small percentage of it has actually been raised so far.  What that means is that some of the facilities will be upgraded over the next few years as funds are raised.  Unlike many of the public school systems, schools like BBS cannot build or renovate until funds are available.  As a result, the visitors stands have been significantly improved for this season.  Home facilities will have to wait until later.

BTW, I'm not trying to be negative towards my school.  I just wanted to remind some people of the realities of life at the small Christian school D-1 level.  I know some of those same realities exist at small public schools as well.

825717472[/snapback]

Absolutely...good luck in raising the money you need.