Who is some of the best QB's this year

adidas23

He must be a good runner or something.  Because I went to a camp w/ him and I wasnt impressed at all.  He threw it very hard and was kinda inaccurate.

825706965[/snapback]

What camp did you and he go to together?

Cody is a D1-A prospect as an "athlete". He's most likely to play WR or DB at that level.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!I don't mean to butt in on the big cody watts debate but if he's benching 185  23 times he won't be playing QB.Those are numbers of a 5 star linebacker.Get real guys! If he can bench 185-23 times then I'm Bill Parcells.And as for you QBDAD I think these guys are using your old trusty system of fudging #'s just a bit.The recruiters know what these guys can do.They're the ones making the decisions and I don't think they're using this web site as a determinig factor.

825706896[/snapback]

How 'bout them Cowboys, Bill?

Those numbers are accurate.

What camp did you and he go to together?

Cody is a D1-A prospect as an "athlete".  He's most likely to play WR or DB at that level.

825707005[/snapback]

MTSU, I know hes really fast. But is he on SI as an athlete/DB/WR or a QB??? And tmywhitpine I play QB and I benched 185 17 times at Vandy and I rarely work out anymore. 185 23 times is alot yeah, but QBs can be strong.

Edited by bigbody1220

All ya'll need to quit hating on my man Cody. He does max 285+ on bench and I should know becaus I WAS THERE. And yes he did bench 185 23 times BILL!! And he is SI All Southeastern team at QB postion.We'll guys I  hate to admit it but 185-23 times isn't impossible for this kid, he does have the frame for it.My point I think is his position isn't QB(future).He's an outstanding athlete and a lot of fun to watch and will win some games on his own.However, Vandy Man you have to admit that even strong, smart QB's would have to agree that 17 is a long way from 23.The most suprising thing about my first time on this site is that this heading states "best QB's", but the whole thing has been about Cody Watts.  This leads me to believe that most of you guys are in middle school (most likely Powell).  Zack Helton is a better scrambler, and Stanton is undisputedly the best passer.  As for Vandy Man, if you are still enrolled this November, you may get a chance to see the Stanton kid for yourself.  Good luck in high school guys!  Play hard.

825707122[/snapback]

cody may struggle with accuracy from time to time but come game time hes pretty much right on the money. Stanton on the year last year was 142-285 which is somewhere around 49% watts was 80-128 around 63% now obviously stanton threw the ball a lot more but that should have no effect whatsoever on completion percentage. When cody dropped back to throw he hit his man more times then not which is not something that brett can say. Cody's TD to INT ratio was 19-3 stantons was 18-11. Granted Cody had more weapons then brett did but the numbers never lie my friend cody had about half the attempts and threw for more touchdowns on the year so how is brett the "undisputed" best passer? . Add to that that cody rushed for 876 yards last year in the regular season and about 6.3 yards a clip opposed to 377 for helton at just over four yards a clip. If Helton is the better scrambler why did he have less then half the rushing yards cody has im gonna take number 1 for the panthers 10 times out of 10 you can have stanton or helton and ill take my starting qb and ill take my chances.

All of these numbers were as of the end of the regular season thanx to knoxpreps.com

All 3 are good High School QBs. I guess it's what you do on Offense and what you have around you.

Helton gets it to his skill players, and if need to can run for yards.

1,798 Passing Yards

377 Rushing Yards

2,175 Total Yards

Watts gets most of the work done for Powell with his legs and can get it to the recievers.

1,438 Passing Yards

876 Rushing Yards

2,314 Total Yards

Stanton gets the most out of his arm, by passing it all over the field.

2,214 Passing Yards

133 Rushing Yards

2,347 Total Yards

All 3 are good High School QBs. I guess it's what you do on Offense and what you have around you.

Helton gets it to his skill players, and if need to can run for yards.

1,798 Passing Yards

377 Rushing Yards

2,175 Total Yards

Watts gets most of the work done for Powell with his legs and can get it to the recievers.

1,438 Passing Yards

876 Rushing Yards

2,314 Total Yards

Stanton gets the most out of his arm, by passing it all over the field.

2,214 Passing Yards

133 Rushing Yards

2,347 Total Yards

825708161[/snapback]

You are just using regular season numbers, correct? If you add Watts' two playoff games his passing yards go to 1,678 and his rushing yards to 1,028.

Watts set the Powell individual season modern day passing yardage and total yardage (2,706) for a Panther football player.

Kevin Smithson from Temple.

He's a 6'3 Senior -- coming off a stellar Junior year setting Chattanooga's single-season passing record last year with 2,000-plus yards. I think he's got the potential to break his own record this year. I know Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Eastern Carolina, Appalachian State (just to name a few) are interested in Smithson playing for them in the future.