Titans to Acquire Travis Henry......

The Tennessean reports that the Titans have offered the Buffalo Bills a 3rd round draft pick in next years draft for Travis Henry.........Henry would be a backup to Chris Brown,Jeff Fisher said......The only thing keeping this deal from already happening is the Titans have yet to reach a contract extension with Henry and thats the only way the trade will happen........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessean reports that the Titans have offered the Buffalo Bills a 3rd round draft pick in next years draft for Travis Henry.........Henry would be a backup to Chris Brown,Jeff Fisher said......The only thing keeping this deal from already happening is the Titans have yet to reach a contract extension with Henry and thats the only way the trade will happen........

825701299[/snapback]

If Henry is in Nashville, Henry will be starting by week 6. I really hope this happens. It can only help the Titans because Henry was a fan-favorite with UT fans and this will help bring in some more of the fringers. It will help to make this season not as bad as it originally looked to be.

If Henry is in Nashville, Henry will be starting by week 6.  I really hope this happens.  It can only help the Titans because Henry was a fan-favorite with UT fans and this will help bring in some more of the fringers.  It will help to make this season not as bad as it originally looked to be.

825701463[/snapback]

Week 6???he'll be starting by week 1 if not ealier...lol...

Solomon...I agree 100%. I was at first, skeptical of Travis Henry coming here, but I am now getting excited. I think that Chris Brown is the man, but if Travis Henry was on the sidelines, it would indeed, light a fire up underneath his rear to perform and stay healthy at all costs. Whatever it takes to take this team back to the level it once was is alright with me!!!!!

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys that think Travis Henry is gonna be the starter are crazy. he wont see many carries unless Brown goes down, sure he was banged up alot last year but it takes more than 1 injury plagued season to write him off. i dont see whats so bad about Brown, the man had a 1000 yard season in only 11 games last year. Brown averaged 4.9 yards per carry while Henry only averaged 3.5, a washed up Eddie George can do that. Henry will be one of the better backups in the game but he's not gonna make or break our season. Brown is the man with the ability to take us deep in the playoffs, not Henry. however, with the depth the Titans have at rb he's worth a 3rd round pick so i hope they get him but he's not gonna have another 1300, 1400 yard season again.

The move on Travis is as good a move the Titans could have done this year. You have to admit that it gives more hope to a playoff contention team. I had pretty much wrote off the Titans for this year and expected four wins but the shoring up of the running game might make that offense balanced enough to give the receiving corps some time to get a groove. If the D can get it together, lookout for a fun year. B)

The move on Travis is as good a move the Titans could have done this year. You have to admit that it gives more hope to a playoff contention team. I had pretty much wrote off the Titans for this year and expected four wins but the shoring up of the running game might make that offense balanced enough to give the receiving corps some time to get a groove. If the D can get it together, lookout for a fun year. :lol:

825701748[/snapback]

I'll admit that I am still a Cheesehead first (via Reggie, not Farve), but the Titans are gaining. I'll give Bud Adams, Floyd Reese, and the rest of Titans ownership/management credit, they have turned what was originally looked to be a completely miserable offseason into a decent one. It was sad to see so many veterans get cut and Pacman is still questionable, but McNair is back and healthy as he has been in a while, Norm Chow was a great pickup and will help out get his knowledge alone, and Travis Henry was a great pickup. At the worst Henry and Brown will play close to 50/50 in the backfield. And now we can hear the chants of "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeese!" in the state of Tennessee again

The only downside is that on paper, they are probably playing in the most competitve division in the NFL and still have a mountain to climb. I still don't seem them making the playoffs, but they have done an admirable job of putting in good pieces to make them a year-in-year-out threat again.