Titans to Acquire Travis Henry......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys that think Travis Henry is gonna be the starter are crazy. he wont see many carries unless Brown goes down, sure he was banged up alot last year but it takes more than 1 injury plagued season to write him off. i dont see whats so bad about Brown, the man had a 1000 yard season in only 11 games last year. Brown averaged 4.9 yards per carry while Henry only averaged 3.5, a washed up Eddie George can do that. Henry will be one of the better backups in the game but he's not gonna make or break our season. Brown is the man with the ability to take us deep in the playoffs, not Henry. however, with the depth the Titans have at rb he's worth a 3rd round pick so i hope they get him but he's not gonna have another 1300, 1400 yard season again.

825701742[/snapback]

As long as Brown is scard to block and get his QB killed Travis will be at least playing 1/2 the time and most likely starting.

The move on Travis is as good a move the Titans could have done this year. You have to admit that it gives more hope to a playoff contention team. I had pretty much wrote off the Titans for this year and expected four wins but the shoring up of the running game might make that offense balanced enough to give the receiving corps some time to get a groove. If the D can get it together, lookout for a fun year. :lol:

825701748[/snapback]

Good post ERA.

As long as Brown is scard to block and get his QB killed Travis will be at least playing 1/2 the time and most likely starting.

825701773[/snapback]

wrong....if they wanted someone to get 3 and a half yards per carry they would have just kept Eddie George last year. no way he will start over Brown. thats the fullbacks job to block, we need someone that can move the chains and only 1 time in Henry's career has he averaged over 4.1 ypc(4.4) Brown averaged 4.9 ypc in his first season as the feature back. watch espn, read a paper, whatever you want but you idiots are the only people saying Henry will start...even Fisher said he will be the backup.

wrong....if they wanted someone to get 3 and a half yards per carry they would have just kept Eddie George last year. no way he will start over Brown. thats the fullbacks job to block, we need someone that can move the chains and only 1 time in Henry's career has he averaged over 4.1 ypc(4.4) Brown averaged 4.9 ypc in his first season as the feature back. watch espn, read a paper, whatever you want but you idiots are the only people saying Henry will start...even Fisher said he will be the backup.

825701831[/snapback]

I see Henry doing kinda what he did during part of his time in college as a 3rd down short yardage power back to move the chains.

Chris Brown will be starter! Had he not got hurt during some games last season I think he would have had several 200 yrd games or very close. Because several of his 100 yard games all came in the first half but he didn't play any in the 2nd half because of getting injured.

Well, no doubt that Brown will start, but it doesnt hurt to have another starting RB as the backup! Henry is obviously the more powerful, more durable of the two and I think that is the reason he was brought to the Titans, so they wont have to worry bout there running game if something happens to Brown!

I see Henry doing kinda what he did during part of his time in college as a 3rd down short yardage power back to move the chains.

Chris Brown will be starter!  Had he not got hurt during some games last season I think he would have had several 200 yrd games or very close. Because several of his 100 yard games all came in the first half but he didn't play any in the 2nd half because of getting injured.

825701863[/snapback]

The key thing here is that he was hurt all the time! You can't put too much faith in the guy if he can't go past halftime because of an injury.

I forsee Henry quickly becoming a fan favorite in Tennessee and putting forth a much better effort than he gave in Buffalo. It's hard to give it 100% when you know it is only a matter of time before you are benched and have done nothing to deserve it. Yes, he is a professional, but he is also a human.

In the worst case scnerios, the Titans have two backs that are each capable to rush for 1000 yards if the other goes down. Best case scnerios is that you have two backs and both can stay healthy and take some of the pressure off McNair to do too much.