KOC Football KIL Jamboree

splainshornet

You know BHSFootball, I'm going let you think what you want because on September 9th,  a class 3A will take on a Class 5A team and we'll see if a 3A school can hang.  Like I've been saying for the longest, there's no difference and on the 9th of September you see...

825704679[/snapback]

We scrimmage Fulton the day before the Jamboree. You are more than welcome to come. ;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna disagree.  By sheer numbers and a larger population base to draw from, these team are better.  Physically, I don't believe the best of 3-A can come anywhere near the best of 5-A and even the middle to lower teams of 5-A can match up well against a good 3-A team.  4-A against 5-A is not such a stretch, but c'mon, you and me both know that 3-A teams do NOT have the guns to line up against 5-A.  How many 5-A teams does say Fulton and AE line up against over the course of the season?  In fact, I even believe AE and Fulton to be exceptions to 3-A football as Maryville is to 4-A.  Fulton and AE do get decnt numbers, but the key to their game is athletes and speed.

825704641[/snapback]

hmm...last i remember we scrimmaged beardon last year...and if im correct it wasnt even close...teams in 5a have to put on there pants like every team in the state...dont think the falcons are a slouch because ur in for a suprise...we beat powell in our scrimmages last year and there 4a...then after we scrimmaged them we took them in the jamboree...dont get me started on the 3a vs 5a trash...dont talk with ur mouth talk with the pads...they speak much louder...

Edited by fultonfalcon2006

I'm gonna disagree.  By sheer numbers and a larger population base to draw from, these team are better.  Physically, I don't believe the best of 3-A can come anywhere near the best of 5-A and even the middle to lower teams of 5-A can match up well against a good 3-A team.  4-A against 5-A is not such a stretch, but c'mon, you and me both know that 3-A teams do NOT have the guns to line up against 5-A.  How many 5-A teams does say Fulton and AE line up against over the course of the season?  In fact, I even believe AE and Fulton to be exceptions to 3-A football as Maryville is to 4-A.  Fulton and AE do get decnt numbers, but the key to their game is athletes and speed.

825704641[/snapback]

BHS, I don't know about every 3 and 4A team in the East TN area, but I would bet solid money that Maryville and Fulton, for starters, could hang with just about any 5A team in the entire state. And I'm a 5A fan. I just know good football when I see it. Many 3 and 4A's could put up a good fight against a 5A squad. Like was said earlier, it's just the #'s, it's not minor league baseball. :D

Edited by stlrcoach

hmm...last i remember we scrimmaged beardon last year...and if im correct it wasnt even close...teams in 5a have to put on there pants like every team in the state...dont think the falcons are a slouch because ur in for a suprise...we beat powell in our scrimmages last year and there 4a...then after we scrimmaged them we took them in the jamboree...dont get me started on the 3a vs 5a trash...dont talk with ur mouth talk with the pads...they speak much louder...

825704940[/snapback]

You tell him FF06, I'm so mad I can't! :D

What about Bearden? So they've had a rough past few years ... but why does everyone overlook them? 3A football is a joke compared to 5A. Fulton needs to watch out for the Dogs in the jamboree. They could be a dark horse this year. With a new offensive coordinator and a new mentality they could make it back to the top.

825704622[/snapback]

Who is the new OC?

hey now easy on the powell fulton talk. Not to take anything away from fulton they were definately one of the two or three best teams we played last year. But at the time we played fulton in the scrimmage and jamboree we were still playing two qbs and the guy who won that spot proved to be our best player on the year. The jamboree was one quarter and the scrimmage only showcased the starters for two and a half quarters if i remember correctly. So to say that fulton won both of those is true but a little misleading.

825704940[/snapback]

You're not correct. The scrimmage last year ended in a tie at 2 touchdowns each.

BHSFOOTBALL, Bearden has struggled for years. They will continue to struggle as long as soccer is the main sport. Bearden would struggle in 3A and 4A in the Knoxville area. A good game would be Carter and Bearden, or Gibbs and Bearden. If I recall the past few years South-Doyle and Bearden seemed to be a good matchup. I do wish the Bulldogs lots of wins this year, just don't see it happening. Good luck Bearden.

The point is, any team can hang with any team no matter the class.  It's all about the number of students you have in your school.

825704996[/snapback]

Runner I know scrimmages arent games, but your runners have been slammed by Central, in scrimmages the last few years. Last year they were beaten pretty good

(To Be Kind) by both Central and Farragut, yet AE was dominate in their schedule.

3-A is WEAK my friend.

Sorry man, but in your own words,

Just keeping it REAL

Edited by PigSkinRules