Who has the Best Cross-Country Team?

Mr.Midfield

FRA, Page, and CCS were all looking stout at mid-season point, but Elizabethton is yet to have some of their top runners peak while other teams peaked at the Tennessee Classic. It'll be close at State, but look for breakthrough runs for Etown's Top 5 men.

Great first post there, EHSCrossCountry. Maybe you should read a little Thomas Paine: to say that other teams have peaked without knowing their training schedules, without training their runners is an extremely smart supposition.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Basically there are 2 dominate teams in DII

McCallie and MUS- it's pretty much just between those 2 at state

But it is going to be a huge dogfight for 3rd

I'd say either Baylor, Knox Webb, or USN

and right behind them are Brentwood Academy and Father Ryan who both have a huge gap problem between their 4th and 5th men

so I believe in the end...

1. McCallie

2. MUS

3. Baylor

4. USN

5. Know Webb

6. Father Ryan

7. Brentwood Academy

8. MBA

9. CBHS

I like your D II selections

in a/aa

It's going to be a very tight race between Elizabethton and CCS

both schools are right around a 17 minute average for their top 5 guys

FRA is around 17:20

Page is a little slower

CCS is also having a jumble in their top 5 runners

the #3 at the beginning of the season, who moved up to #2 at Jesse Owens, finished first for the team at Optimist

CCS has 5 runners under 17:25

e-town's #5 was at 17:40 or so.... I'm not sure about the course that E-Town ran on Thursday... so both teams should be in a dogfight at state. going to be fun to watch

etowns numer 5 man ran a 17:31 on thursday but the fact about that race was that there was no competition. Etown finished 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 in that race. However in the race before that the number 5 man ran a 17:34 on daniel boone's course which is said to be the toughest course in the state. By lookin at the stats on the other teams (FRA, Page, and CCS) the main competition seams to be between etown FRA and Page. Everyone is talkin about CCS however i have yet to see any impressive stats on them. Page has an amazing runner in Joseph Pair, who runs well under the 16's, but by lookin at tennessee runner i only see one other Page runner under 17:30. FRA's times look very dominating with 5 to 6 men under 17:30. Etown has 4 men uner 17:30 and one only a second away and the one man now running under 16. So by looking at all of these times it is almost impossible to predict the outcome, it should be a great race at state.

sorry to the FRA guys... I didn't see you on the rankings list until tonight

http://www.milesplit.com/article/6686

CCS has their top 5 at or under 17:25

page's 4 and 5 concern me.... I'm hoping they will fly down so we can have a hardcore 4 team race

CCS' keys to winning state:

1. Get 1 and 2 under 16:30

The race should be about 10-15 people under 16:30s so if we can pull 2... thats fantastic.

2. bring 3 to a 16:45 and #4 to under 17...

3. one of our #5's needs to go under 17:15

4. Have 5's and possibly 4's of some schools be in the jumble between 17:20 to 17:40. If there are enough spots between those 2 then we might be able to pick up several crutial points...

5. After looking at FRA's times the major key is to plain run faster. Their times for #3 and 4 have gone up a bit for their last race. They'll drop again for state guarenteed. If the speedwork kicks in then it'll be a dogfight.

6. Will. Not saying we have more will than anyone else. But it's added. There will be 6 seniors and 1 freshman at state. The freshman is trying to atone for his brother when he didn't run XC in HS and cost the school a state championship. The other 6 seniors will be in their last HS XC race ever. That's almost all of the team. Both boys and girls had 18 seniors combined. 18. There will be no fast team next year. We'll struggle winning region (our region will be a piece of cake) much less doing well at state.