Alcoa vs. CAK

Coalfieldfball

We are a Christian school, so don't count miracles out. CAK knows it's gonna be a tough game (maybe an understatement), but we're not gonna go into it thinking we are gonna lose. Anybody who has ever played any sport knows thinking like that does not lead to success. Hey, human error is present in football. Remember Karns vs. Dobyns Bennett two years ago? Things happen, but regardless we're just gonna go play our game of football and see what does happen. We're right where we wanna be, the underdog role. It makes us work harder.

825707021[/snapback]

Short of a miracle on the proportion of the parting of the Red Sea a win by CAK will not happen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes bad coaching kills to. And I think Alcoa's coach is average at most. I would come know where close to saying WELL coached. Maryville is well coached.

I say every game Alcoa played last year and although they lost to Maryville, they had a couple of close calls last year.

They players PERIOD got their title last year.

825707563[/snapback]

dumb post 79champ...john reid is a great coach..players dont call their own plays or practice themselves...those same players went 3-7 as freshman...alcoa has talent every year but doesnt always win titles...now alcoas players did go out and win the games but the coaches got them prepared mentally and physically.

Sometimes bad coaching kills to. And I think Alcoa's coach is average at most. I would come know where close to saying WELL coached. Maryville is well coached.

I say every game Alcoa played last year and although they lost to Maryville, they had a couple of close calls last year.

825707563[/snapback]

what games were the close calls?

825707563[/snapback]

Hmmm do you know anything about football?

825707563[/snapback]

I agree. The NFL coaches summit usually invites average coaches, at most, to their ceremonies.

I respect Coach Reid and I think he is a good coach. No team will do very well withour good coaching. I do not think Coach Reid is a great coach yet because one championship is not the resume of a "Great Coach" in my mind.

CAK will do OK vs. Alcoa. Alcoa will win the contest but I don't think it will be the slam dunk some on this board think it will be. Sure first time for CAK at the 2A level but Coach Young is an old hat at football. Not a great deal of difference from 1A IMO. CAK has a talented Senior QB who won't get his team beat and I think will be able to move the ball some with his experienced recieving corp. and the team improved the last 4 games of last year.

Alcoa 49-CAK 24

I respect Coach Reid and I think he is a good coach.  No team will do very well withour good coaching.  I do not think Coach Reid is a great coach yet because one championship is not the resume of a "Great Coach"  in my mind.

CAK will do OK vs. AlcoaAlcoa will win the contest but I don't think it will be the slam dunk some on this board think it will be.  Sure first time for CAK at the 2A level but Coach Young is an old hat at football.  Not a great deal of difference from 1A IMO.  CAK has a talented Senior QB who won't get his team beat and I think will be able to move the ball some with his experienced recieving corp. and the team improved the last 4 games of last year.

Alcoa 49-CAK 24

825707986[/snapback]

You give Alcoa credit, but you don't give them enough credit FBE!! You know CAK doesn't stand a chance and yet you think they will score 24 against us? If it was the Rebs playing a weaker team then you wouldn't be saying this!!

FBE

If you go back and look, I think that the only 2 teams that scored more than 14 points on us were Maryville and Huntingdon. Fast Forward to this year, and we have lost 2 seniors : Richeon Belle and Dante Lewis. I don't think that many teams will be scoring 24 on us, and I don't think that out of the teams that do, that one of them will be CAK.

dumb post 79champ...john reid is a great coach..players dont call their own plays or practice themselves...those same players went 3-7 as freshman...alcoa has talent every year but doesnt always win titles...now alcoas players did go out and win the games but the coaches got them prepared mentally and physically.

825707699[/snapback]

I DON'T SEE WHAT'S SO DUMB ABOUT IT. IT'S THE FACTS... WHEN I GET BACK TO MY RESOURCES I WILL POST WHAT ENDED UP BEING WHAT LOOKED LIKE BLOWOUTS LAST YEAR THAT REALLY WEREN'T. THE BIG ONE WAS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. HE ALMOST LOST IT... LIKE COACH T POSTED AS I DID HE IS NOT A GREAT COACH.... IHOPE HE'S BETTER THIS YEAR....