Alcoa vs. CAK

Coalfieldfball

Alcoa will probably score at will against CAK, but the Warriors' offense could Alcoa some problems. They will dink and dump all over the field and are happy with 5-10 yard passes. They also throw so quick that Harb doesn't get sacked.

I would still say Alcoa by a lot, but CAK's passing attack will frustrate a lot of teams in Region 2-AA. Their weakness has always been an undersized defense that gives up a bunch of points, but a high school team that throws it 30-40 times a game without getting sacked is pretty impressive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also heard that he's 30 years old.  There was an article in the Daily Times yesterday about rumors around Alcoa and that none of them are true.  I wouldn't believe what you always hear about Alcoa  :).

825705168[/snapback]

Coming from the Alcoa AD, i'd say that's a reliable source Tom. Plus do you think the Faculty at Jeff Co is going to give him his papers from Jeff saying that he ISNT NOT transfering for athletic purposes? doubt that!

A good team wins on their bad days. Even if Alcoa had a let down in this game they will win handily IMO. Even if over pursuit were a problem early if CAK is really that slow they will be caught from behind. And over pursuing is an easy adjustment for any good coaching staff. Hey listen, hats off to you. Don't give in to anyone and try to come up with ways for your team to win! IMO though an upset in this one is quite a reach.

Coming from the Alcoa AD, i'd say that's a reliable source Tom.  Plus do you think the Faculty at Jeff Co is going to give him his papers from Jeff saying that he ISNT NOT transfering for athletic purposes? doubt that!

825705211[/snapback]

unless the AD at Jeff Co is a vindictive ###### he will do whatever he can to be supportive of the young man. It's not like Alcoa PLAYS Jeff Co., in that case I would be more understanding of him not helping the guy out. The bottom line is that his family apparently moved to Alcoa, and that's something that ostensibly the kid cannot help.

ur joking CAK  will get demolished. Ill bet the world it will be a blow out and Alcoa will have there players out by halftime. A passing attack doesnt mean crap if ur recievers cant get open against superior atheletes or even get the ball out before getting killed by the pass rush. On top of that No player on the team will be able to tackle Dustin lindsey. The guy is 210 and probably bigger then ever one of CAKs linemen

825705107[/snapback]

So if I match you on that bet on the world how would the winner claim his prize? I don't own the world and unless you plan on going Hitler on us before September 2 I don't think you do either. We'll see what happens come game time. And as far as Dustin Lindsey being bigger than any of CAK's linemen I know that's not true.

Obviously all the hype in 1-A football this year is about Alcoa. With players like Lindsey and Warren this hype is well-deserved. Keeping in mind that Alcoa is arguably the best team in the state regardless of class or division, I have compiled a list of reasons why CAK could potentially upset Alcoa Week 2:

Reason 1: Alcoa is used to playing teams with alot of speed, and Alcoa's defense is well adjusted to this with their own mad crazy speed. Against CAK week 2 Alcoa's speed will hurt them. Alcoa isn't used to playing teams as slow as CAK and this will cause over pursuit and misjudgment by Alcoa's defense especially if the field is wet. In most high school football games speed kills, and CAK vs. Alcoa will be no exception to this trend; unfortunately for Alcoa the team with speed in this matchup will suffer for it.

Reason 2: Alcoa's matchup against CAK comes between two huge rivalry games, Maryville and Fulton. Because CAK is still a new and small program it would be EASY for the nados to overlook the warriors and think on to the week ahead. This underestimation coupled with CAK's stinging pass attack could spell disaster for Alcoa.

Reason 3: CAK's QB Richard Harb has all the skills a solid passing D-1 recruited QB should have. He's got quick feet, good height, great field vision, and an arm that could knock out a buffalo throwing acorns. This guy puts the ball where he wants it when he wants it. Harb's skills combined with his veteran receiving core could put up 3000yds passing this season. Even with Alcoa's nasty fast DB's the Harbster could spell trouble for the nados.

825704994[/snapback]

I feel like I have lost some brain cells from reading your post. CAK is not even in the same league as Alcoa. Just because they put up 70 something points on Coalfield last year does not mean they can against Alcoa.

I feel like I have lost some brain cells from reading your post.  CAK is not even in the same league as Alcoa.  Just because they put up 70 something points on Coalfield last year does not mean they can against Alcoa.

825705295[/snapback]

Yea... but who says we have to put up 70 points to beat Alcoa? Game predictions this early are useless because nobody knows what surprises other teams have and base everything on tradition and last year. Nobody has even started hitting yet. Blowout or upset, it's doesn't matter until the season starts.

Yea... but who says we have to put up 70 points to beat Alcoa? Game predictions this early are useless because nobody knows what surprises other teams have and base everything on tradition and last year. Nobody has even started hitting yet. Blowout or upset, it's doesn't matter until the season starts.

825705302[/snapback]

You tell them gobbler