East Tenn Scrimmages

JC4life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Powell Valley the post was probably talking about is in Virginia...Big Stone Gap, VA to be precise. A good bet since it is a Tennessee High scrimmage and they're within shouting distance of Big Stone Gap.

And yes, Powell Valley TN merged three years ago with Forge Ridge to make Cumberland Gap.

Edited by KevB1990

AE vs Chattanooga Tyner August 5th at AE.  Alcoa, why did yall back out of the scrimmage with AE?

825706819[/snapback]

Coach Reid has been selected to attend the NFL High School Coaches' Convention or something like that as the TN representative Aug. 5-7, I think in Michigan. Heard something about it on the news Wednesday. Also, I doubt Alcoa would want to scrimmage Tyner since they could possibly meet up in the playoffs.

I know season schedules are determined way in advance but do scrimmage dates have to be set in stone? You would think that the coaching staff at Tennessee High would remember the game they tried to play last Thanksgiving. They had a talent-loaded team and from weak schedule to deer-in-the-headlights-coaching it was a disaster. I don't see how Powell Valley,VA to Happy Valley,TN will help this still loaded team improve. Is not good enough to say Julius Jones once played at the VA school. THS beat them like a drum last year. And will again this year. I hope. Will Daniel Boone give the Vikings a different look thats going to benefit THS in some way?

Even if you have to take this team as far as the Chattanooga area for a quality scrimmage its still better than the 3 teams listed above. Not knocking the Viking opponents. Just wanting to know if these 3 teams are going to help THS in some way for the coming season.

825706608[/snapback]

This is quite a funny post. Powell Valley is a very good scrimmage opponent. The Powell Valley Vikings are 7 time Virginia State Champions and have produced several D-1 players throughout the years including the Jones brothers. Julius of the Dallas Cowboys and Thomas of Tampa Bay. I'm not even going to harp about the quality of Va. athletes as compared to Tn. athletes. Everyone knows the story there. Just check D-1 college rosters and do the math. Just because a school is smaller in student population doesn't mean they won't kick your tail on the football field. Ask Tn. High fans what happened the last time they visited little ole Gate City just a few years ago. I'll tell you what happened..........they stopped scheduling them. And by the way, while Gate City was kicking Tn High's tail, they were getting their own kicked by Powell Valley. Now, with all this being said, Tn High is probably better than P.V. this year. But, normally, PV has the upper hand. As down as PV is, this will still be a good scrimmage. To make a long story even longer, this was a good choice by Stubbs and Co. thumb

Coach Reid has been selected to attend the NFL High School Coaches' Convention or something like that as the TN representative Aug. 5-7, I think in Michigan.  Heard something about it on the news Wednesday.  Also, I doubt Alcoa would want to scrimmage Tyner since they could possibly meet up in the playoffs.

825707205[/snapback]

Thanks for responding.