Braves acquire Farnsworth

Braves acquire Kyle Farnsworth from the Detroit Tigers

The Tigers received pitcher Roman Colon and minor league right-hander Zach Miner.

``We have added strength to our team in an area we were looking to add strength,'' Schuerholz said.

Schuerholz said three Braves scouts ``said this guy has been dominant.''

In 42 2-3 innings, Farnsworth has allowed 29 hits while striking out 55. Opposing batters have hit just .192 against the native of Alpharetta, Ga.

``At least it's Atlanta, my hometown,'' Farnsworth said. ``I'm excited about that. I've always wanted to play for them. I hate leaving here. At least I'm going to Atlanta. They're in first place and contention.''

Farnsworth said he will report to the Braves for Monday's home game against Pittsburgh, and he says he expects friends and family will be asking for tickets.

``It's going to be a crazy pass list Monday, I guess,'' he said.

Schuerholz does it again! thumb This is a nice trade! :lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.32 era 6 saves in 46 appearances

Farnsworth can hit the high 90's consistantly!

825708197[/snapback]

He'd be a lot better pitcher if his IQ was closer to his fastball than his changeup...

Farnsworth is very inconsistent, aside from throwing really, really hard. Million-dollar arm, ten-cent head.

He'd be a lot better pitcher if his IQ was closer to his fastball than his changeup...

Farnsworth is very inconsistent, aside from throwing really, really hard.  Million-dollar arm, ten-cent head.

825708299[/snapback]

I dont care how smart he is as long as he gets outs! thumb

BTW he would make a great LB! :angry:

Farnsworth is very inconsistent, aside from throwing really, really hard.  Million-dollar arm, ten-cent head.

825708299[/snapback]

Don't be mad, cause the Braves added another piece to the arsenal that will take down the Cardinals come October.

825708299[/snapback]

He's also a very fundamentally sounds tackeler as well. ;) I bet high school coaches have used that replay to teach their players how to tackle.