Gordonsville vs. Carthage

JimmyCash

Ok I just want to put in my two cents, which is not worth much but i will throw it in nonetheless. First of all, stop going on about the G-ville/Jackson Co. scrimmage. Everyone has failed to mention that there was a third team there...Cascade, and G-ville played pretty good against them. But feel free to run Cascade into the ground too. And why put G-ville's region down by pointing out that Red Boiling Springs and Mt. Juliet Christian are in their region, is Jackson and Cannon Co. not in Carthage's? Same difference.

And to bigreid...I would say that Jimmy Cash probably is not new to the area. How many people who were new to Smith Co.(that includes the whole county) would call Smith Co. High School Carthage? No... only those from around this area call it Carthage. But maybe thats only us on the other side of the river that call it Carthage...cause we are so envious that we are not Smith County High School...yeah right. So dont get your feathers ruffled and just accept what you are. I was listening to Sports Nuts last Thursday night, and I heard the very man who anounces Carthage's games call it the Carthage/Gordonsville game. But feel free to continue your argument.

And I'm also very confident in saying that G-ville does by no means envy the Carthage coaching staff. They have a more than capable coaching staff who produce good results at the end of each season. As for last year...the coaches got more than what was expected out of that team after all the adversity that the '04 Tigers face. It makes me sick to think what that team could have been if there had been better circumstances. But thats neither here nor there and last year doesnt matter. Its this year we are talking about and this game is going to be an intense one with an exciting atmosphere.

And if Carthage is not worried about the "kitties" then that is just fine with me. They can worry about knox catholic all they want now, but when August 26 rolls around they will be worried just as much as G-ville will be worried about them. But it seems to me that if Carthage is not worried about G-ville yet that this topic would not be such a hot one already.

With all that said, we will all see who gets the county bragging rights for the next year after the game is played. But I hope that it will be the southside of the river that gets them for the next...oh eight or ten years...everything goes in cycles and I think this cycle is about to change.

Edited by grasshopper

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just want to put in my two cents, which is not worth much but i will throw it in nonetheless. First of all, stop going on about the G-ville/Jackson Co. scrimmage. Everyone has failed to mention that there was a third team there...Cascade, and G-ville played pretty good against them. But feel free to run Cascade into the ground too. And why put G-ville's region down by pointing out that Red Boiling Springs and <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=356&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Mt. Juliet Christian</a> are in their region, is Jackson and Cannon Co. not in Carthage's? Same difference.

And to bigreid...I would say that Jimmy Cash probably is not new to the area. How many people who were new to Smith Co.(that includes the whole county) would call Smith Co. High School Carthage? No... only those from around this area call it Carthage.  But maybe thats only us on the other side of the river that call it Carthage...cause we are so envious that we are not Smith County High School...yeah right. So dont get your feathers ruffled and just accept what you are. I was listening to Sports Nuts last Thursday night, and I heard the very man who anounces Carthage's games call it the Carthage/Gordonsville game. But feel free to continue your argument.

And I'm also very confident in saying that G-ville does by no means envy the Carthage coaching staff. They have a more than capable coaching staff who produce good results at the end of each season. As for last year...the coaches got more than what was expected out of that team after all the adversity that the '04 Tigers face. It makes me sick to think what that team could have been if there had been better circumstances. But thats neither here nor there and last year doesnt matter. Its this year we are talking about and this game is going to be an intense one with an exciting atmosphere.

And if Carthage is not worried about the "kitties" then that is just fine with me. They can worry about knox catholic all they want now, but when August 26 rolls around they will be worried just as much as G-ville will be worried about them. But it seems to me that if Carthage is not worried about G-ville yet that this topic would not be such a hot one already.

With all that said, we will all see who gets the county bragging rights for the next year after the game is played. But I hope that it will be the southside of the river that gets them for the next...oh eight or ten years...everything goes in cycles and I think this cycle is about to change.

825713514[/snapback]

welcome.jpg

I don't see Carthage anywhere on the building. B)

Ok I just want to put in my two cents, which is not worth much but i will throw it in nonetheless. First of all, stop going on about the G-ville/Jackson Co. scrimmage. Everyone has failed to mention that there was a third team there...Cascade, and G-ville played pretty good against them. But feel free to run Cascade into the ground too. And why put G-ville's region down by pointing out that Red Boiling Springs and <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=356&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Mt. Juliet Christian</a> are in their region, is Jackson and Cannon Co. not in Carthage's? Same difference.

And to bigreid...I would say that Jimmy Cash probably is not new to the area. How many people who were new to Smith Co.(that includes the whole county) would call Smith Co. High School Carthage? No... only those from around this area call it Carthage.  But maybe thats only us on the other side of the river that call it Carthage...cause we are so envious that we are not Smith County High School...yeah right. So dont get your feathers ruffled and just accept what you are. I was listening to Sports Nuts last Thursday night, and I heard the very man who anounces Carthage's games call it the Carthage/Gordonsville game. But feel free to continue your argument.

825713514[/snapback]

B) ...ohh cascade was there. and whats this..ya'll played good against them...ohh my. now we r in trouble. :o

Actually Sleep23 Cascade is picked to win that region down there that includes Moore County and Collinwood. Far better teams than the AFC (Amish Football Conference) or Region 4-2A that include York and Westmoreland. I wish Gordonsville could move up to that region so we could play weaker competition. I know Cannon County, Westmoreland, and York are state contenders every year. Top to Bottom, Our region is much better. Trousdale County, Gordonsville, and Friendship Christian compared to Carthage, Westmoreland, and York. Think about it.

I do know one thing that Carthage has that Gordonsville will never have. That is a 0-10 season. I know how we are so bad and you guys are so great but that is one thing we'll never have. Speaking of never having, I believe Carthage will never win a State Championship. I believe that the last time that I checked Gordonsville has won one of those as well. But you people can continue to live in your fantasy world and believe Carthage is a football power. You guys are not. Just because you have a coach for every player and Lord Maynard takes two or three straight from Smith County jail to play for him on friday nights doesn't make it that way. Believe or not, You are still just the home to Al Gore and the ugliest bluffs in Middle Tennessee.

All I got to say is take a good look at that the scoreboard at the end of the game with Gordonsville just winnning by two or three touchdowns, and then take a good look at that BRAND NEW (not renovated like Carthage's) School, and just think. How unlucky you were to go to Carthage and how blessed we are to go to Gordonsville or South Smith High School.

Actually Sleep23 Cascade is picked to win that region down there that includes Moore County and Collinwood. Far better teams than the AFC (Amish Football Conference) or Region 4-2A that include York and Westmoreland. I wish Gordonsville could move up to that region so we could play weaker competition. I know Cannon County, Westmoreland, and York are state contenders every year. Top to Bottom, Our region is much better. Trousdale County, Gordonsville, and Friendship Christian compared to Carthage, Westmoreland, and York. Think about it.

I do know one thing that Carthage has that Gordonsville will never have. That is a 0-10 season. I know how we are so bad and you guys are so great but that is one thing we'll never have. Speaking of never having, I believe Carthage will never win a State Championship. I believe that the last time that I checked Gordonsville has won one of those as well. But you people can continue to live in your fantasy world and believe Carthage is a football power. You guys are not. Just because you have a coach for every player and Lord Maynard takes two or three straight from Smith County jail to play for him on friday nights doesn't make it that way. Believe or not, You are still just the home to Al Gore and the ugliest bluffs in Middle Tennessee.

All I got to say is take a good look at that the scoreboard at the end of the game with Gordonsville just winnning by two or three touchdowns, and then take a good look at that BRAND NEW (not renovated like Carthage's) School, and just think. How unlucky you were to go to Carthage and how blessed we are to go to Gordonsville or South Smith High School.

825713664[/snapback]

No reply necessary...your post speaks for your intelligence. :lol: Definitely has a NateDogg tint to it. :o Just wondering...who does Gordansville play non-region?

Edited by Antwan