Aloca vs Oak Ridge Scrimmage

OwlFB2005

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the daunted defending state champion alcoa tornadoes at oak ridge tonight? Im a bulldog fan from watrburg and the team I saw playing the wildcats tonight was NOT very impressive. If Dustin Lindsey thinks he can tiptoe around and be an SEC tailback he and the rest of the city of alcoa are in for a big shock. He had one nice run and should have been dropped for a 5 yard loss. The wildcat defense made Lindsay and the rest of the tornado offense look very average. As for oak ridge, if they are gonna be any good at all they are gonna have to find themselves some sort of offense and quarterback. What the rest of yall think?

Alcoa's Varsity: 6

OR's Varsity: 0

Alcoa's JV: 0

OR's JV: 6

Both defenses looked really strong tonight. It always seemed that Oak Ridge would be stopped on the first 9 plays of their possesions, and then they would bust a very long play on the 10th play. Oak Ridge had two TD's called back due to holding, one was an INT return and the other was a long run. Alcoa didn't really look to good on offense. They lost three fumbles and threw an INT. The only TD came on a Joei Fiegler pass to Kyrus Lanxter from about 15- 20 yds. out, it was the only long pass Alcoa completed. Dustin Lindsey did a pretty good job toting the ball, broke off a very impressive run for about 35 yards, where he broke about 6 tackles. Chris Shiverdecker got better as the game went on, he busted a couple runs for about 20 yds., but he had two fumbles. Brandon Warren did pretty good when he touched the ball which was only about 3 times, he did have a fumble though.

On defense Alcoa was impressive. Justin Dunkin (LB) and Alex Green (CB) really had the best nights, IMO. Dunkin had abut 3 TFLs, and Green had an INT, a TFL, and a few other tackles. Our line did very well against Oak Ridge very big O- line; there were many numerous sacks. I was very pleased with the defense.

Overall, I think Alcoa did good for their first real action since April. Offense was shaky at times, but our defense was there all the time. It was a good scrimmage for both teams, do any Wildcat fans have anything to say on the scrimmage? They have a fine team.

Was that the daunted defending state champion alcoa tornadoes at oak ridge tonight?  Im a bulldog fan from watrburg and the team I saw playing the wildcats tonight was NOT very impressive.  If Dustin Lindsey thinks he can tiptoe around and be an SEC tailback he and the rest of the city of alcoa are in for a big shock.  He had one nice run and should have been dropped for a 5 yard loss.  The wildcat defense made Lindsay and the rest of the tornado offense look very average.  As for oak ridge, if they are gonna be any good at all they are gonna have to find themselves some sort of offense and quarterback.  What the rest of yall think?

825712676[/snapback]

I think that this was Alcoa's first scrimmage of the year. Did you expect Lindsey or anybody to just blow away Oak Ridge tonight? When Dustin Lindsey is an SEC tailback he'll be a lot faster and stronger, plus he'll have 320 lb. guys in front of him to block for. Duck had 100 yds. in every game but 2 last year, and so what he had an off night tonight, might I add, against a 5A powerhouse who gave Riverdale a run for their money last year. Duck will be in top shape come the season opener, and by the time Wartburg rolls around, they won't be laying a finger on him.

I think that this was Alcoa's first scrimmage of the year.  Did you expect Lindsey or anybody to just blow away Oak Ridge tonight?  When Dustin Lindsey is an SEC tailback he'll be a lot faster and stronger, plus he'll have 320 lb. guys in front of him to block for. Duck had 100 yds. in every game but 2 last year,  and so what he had an off night tonight, might I add, against a 5A powerhouse who gave Riverdale a run for their money last year.  Duck will be in top shape come the season opener, and by the time Wartburg rolls around, they won't be laying a finger on him.

825712685[/snapback]

HA, i love football.

Oak Ridge made tremendous strides in a few departments, but the main one was maintaining some intensity. There were some nice hits by both teams with neither backing down.

Warren should have made a move instead of trying to roll over little Revel, who popped the ball out by standing his ground. Both teams had scoring chances, but turnovers killed them. Alcoa has a tremendous looking team athletically. I was very impressed with how much Lindsay has improved as a running back since the last time I saw him play, which was two years ago.

I always thought him a better linebacker, but in this particular scrimmage he was a much more effective runner than defender.

After a little mishap, Gulmire didn't get a snap, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the OR running game is going to be very potent by the time the season rolls around. After OR's first series, they started tinkering with some new things, including four wides, the shotgun, etc. Running backs helping on pass protection, especially when Alcoa blitzed, is a major concern in my book. Thankfully there is time to work on it.

The secondary played outstanding, especially J.J. Wells early. Danny Parris returned a long INT, which was indeed called back. Alcoa got OR on a couple of reverses and draws, other than that, the OR defense was pretty solid.

I would think it's something to build on for both teams. OR wants to get better each time out. I think that was accomplished tonight.

I think that this was Alcoa's first scrimmage of the year.  Did you expect Lindsey or anybody to just blow away Oak Ridge tonight?  When Dustin Lindsey is an SEC tailback he'll be a lot faster and stronger, plus he'll have 320 lb. guys in front of him to block for. Duck had 100 yds. in every game but 2 last year,  and so what he had an off night tonight, might I add, against a 5A powerhouse who gave Riverdale a run for their money last year.  Duck will be in top shape come the season opener, and by the time Wartburg rolls around, they won't be laying a finger on him.

825712685[/snapback]

Is that a Wartburg fan talking that smack Tom?

the best player on the field tonight for both teams was ray sykes from alcoa. ever snap the OR QB took from the gun he was bum rushed by sykes. i agree that OR needs to find a QB, the kid they had tonight was awful, no accuracy and average arm strength, considering he was running for his life when he was throwing. alcoa and oak ridge both looked VERY VERY sloppy. Alcoa looked like they hadnt ran a sprint all summer long, they had kids holding their knees after the first 5 plays, OR was a much better conditioned team than Alcoa. If Alcoa wants to run the table they better step up to the plate and play ball!

I was also surprised to see that Alcoa had more kids than Oak Ridge. I counted 55 players for Oak Ridge and over 60 for Alcoa

Edited by EastTNGuru