Austin Peay

nolesfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No NUMNUTS I never said it was McCray's fault they lose. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this for you to understand it, I DO NOT LIKE McCRAY. PERIOD!!!!! Like I said on another post that you also read.....the GOVS could be 10-0 and I wold still want a new coach.

LOL!!!! I since some sort of jeolousy toward McCrary!

Wingman10,

If one of your two star quarterback recruits starts next year good luck. I hope he is a option quarterback. Austin Peays offensive coordinator doesn't have a clue what a passing game is. I'm sure if McCray has one committed he will probably play him ahead of Cunningham. But I will say this there is not a better quarterback in high school this year in the State of Tennessee. The only mistake Cunningham made was going to Austin Peay after the then offensive coordinator went to another school. If he gets a fair shake he will beat out the to incoming freshmen. I can't imagine a big time quarterback or average quarterback committing to a run oriented offense. Good Luck!

Wingman10,

If one of your two star quarterback recruits starts next year good luck. I hope he is a option quarterback. Austin Peays offensive coordinator doesn't have a clue what a passing game is. I'm sure if McCray has one committed he will probably play him ahead of Cunningham. But I will say this there is not a better quarterback in high school this year in the State of Tennessee. The only mistake Cunningham made was going to Austin Peay after the then offensive coordinator went to another school. If he gets a fair shake he will beat out the to incoming freshmen. I can't imagine a big time quarterback or average quarterback committing to a run oriented offense. Good Luck!

I hope Cunningham gets to play. What I have heard is that (since they will have football scholarships for next yr) is that a qb from Fl has told Peay that he will sign with them. He is from a small classification, but has set many records in Fl. I do know that they are trying to sign 2 qbs.

I am a little surprise that your boy is the future. They said they will sign two qbs and one of them is an outstanding qb. Word is he will start immediately.

Who is "they"? Where are the QB's coming from? I think they have several freshmen QB's that redshirted this year. Will they not get a chance either?! How many do they need?! They seem to stick with one and not use any other talent.

Yaniper,

You hit the nail on the head. McCray plays one quarterback no matter how bad they are getting beat and know one else gets a chance. There are at least 3 quarterbacks reshirted this year. How many does he need. He only plays one.

All I know is that the Cunningham Kid was all State in high school and led the Knoxville league in total yards and touchdowns his senior year. He currently is 6 feet 4 and over 210 pounds. By next year he should be up to 220. He can see over the line and has a strong and accurate arm. He should have went somewhere where they have a good passing offense. He is being wasted at Austin Peay.

Another PATHETIC loss for the Govs! Enough said.

Hey, i played for coach mccray in his first season as the govs head coach. he is probably the most caring coach i have ever been around in my life. he knows that apsu football isn't going to end up being the biggest thing in these kids lives. he brings positive attitude, and christian values to an arena where its not usually seen.

and not to say that he does not want to win, but i have been around the players that he inherited on that team(who would be the seniors) and they are not by any means close to being commited to doing what it takes to win football games. Coach McRay has been coach for 3 seasons and he has had to deal with kids being ineligible, or droping out of college throughout his time at apsu.

and as for this year, you may not know but of the 85 man roster, 50 are TRUE freshmen!!! could that be a legitimate reason for a 2 win season?

To fire coach Mcray would be foolish, he is just the type of man apsu needs coaching its football team as it heads to the scholarship level.

As for Dave Loos, his record was 13-19 last year, and it may not matter to you, but the greastest senior class apsu has had graduated the year before( A. Henning, R. Weirzba, J. Lewis, and others) thats a huge chunk of talent, so they to had to play many freshman. But he still managed to get to the OVC championship game.

and for his all-time record, do you know that for their non-conf. games they have played Memphis, Louisville, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and other top teams over the past 3 years? Do you honestly expect Loos to win games like this consistently? His OVC record is well above .500 which should satisfy anyone.

so for my final point, you, who are calling for firing these 2 great men, are an idiot.

Hey, i played for coach mccray in his first season as the govs head coach. he is probably the most caring coach i have ever been around in my life. he knows that apsu football isn't going to end up being the biggest thing in these kids lives. he brings positive attitude, and christian values to an arena where its not usually seen.

and not to say that he does not want to win, but i have been around the players that he inherited on that team(who would be the seniors) and they are not by any means close to being commited to doing what it takes to win football games. Coach McRay has been coach for 3 seasons and he has had to deal with kids being ineligible, or droping out of college throughout his time at apsu.

and as for this year, you may not know but of the 85 man roster, 50 are TRUE freshmen!!! could that be a legitimate reason for a 2 win season?

To fire coach Mcray would be foolish, he is just the type of man apsu needs coaching its football team as it heads to the scholarship level.

As for Dave Loos, his record was 13-19 last year, and it may not matter to you, but the greastest senior class apsu has had graduated the year before( A. Henning, R. Weirzba, J. Lewis, and others) thats a huge chunk of talent, so they to had to play many freshman. But he still managed to get to the OVC championship game.

and for his all-time record, do you know that for their non-conf. games they have played Memphis, Louisville, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and other top teams over the past 3 years? Do you honestly expect Loos to win games like this consistently? His OVC record is well above .500 which should satisfy anyone.

so for my final point, you, who are calling for firing these 2 great men, are an idiot.

Great quote about two fine men. Any prospects on recruits for football? They sure could use some size before playing in the OVC.

Great quote about two fine men. Any prospects on recruits for football? They sure could use some size before playing in the OVC.