Blount Co Jamboree

ATCPT

how bout them Govs baby!!!!!

14-0 against seymor

and the jv put up a vailinte(sp) effort against GP's first team 7-0

But the best part was when Brad Walker took the running back competion even though Aloca's rb jumped off sides 5 times brad still took it by a good length.

Even though some unnamed coach of a certain team that use to coach at WB a couple of years ago cussed at the WB team and showed a great amount of unsportsmanship after Brad showed up his best player

I think the night was a overall sucess

825714858[/snapback]

I've heard from several coaches that Reid is an absolute jerk. Now its only hearsay. Is that the coach you were referring to. Maybe he should realize he's no Spurrier, he's just winning w/ incredible athletes from what it looks like to me anyway....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14-0 against seymor

But the best part was when Brad Walker took the running back competion even though Aloca's rb jumped off sides 5 times brad still took it by a good length.

Even though some unnamed coach of a certain team that use to coach at WB a couple of years ago cussed at the WB team and showed a great amount of unsportsmanship after Brad showed up his best player

825714858[/snapback]

You said that Walker beat Alcoa's best player. It seems to me that Alcoa's best players competed in the events prior to the running (Lindsey-pass, Fiegler-punt, and Warran-Kick). So I would assume that saying that Brad beat Alcoa's best player would be a little bit of an exaggeration.

And on your comments about coach Reid (assuming that you are talking about Reid)"cussing" at WB's team, did you hear this with your own ears or was this something that someone else told you or better yet is it something you just made up in an effort to hurt this mans credibility and honor?

Edited by blountfan

First of all Alcoa was not the only team that jumped off sides...I was there and EVERYBODY jumped off sides several times...

Brad is fast but hate to tell you but I can promise you...he was not the fastest person there. And it is sad that you are bragging about beating Alcoa in a race when you wont even play them in during the season. Anyway!

Alcoa won 14-0 over Sevier county

WB Won 13-0 over Seymour

WB Freshmen lost to GP 7-0

Heriage won 7-0 over Greenback

Maryville won over Pegion Forge (dont know the score)

thumb The Half Time Fun thumb

Longest Punt

GP (I think) 1st

Alcoa recived 2nd

Longest Kick

Alcoa lst

Longest Pass

Alcoa 1st

Linemen Run

Alcoa 1st

Running back run

WB 1st

Edited by TnFootballfan

You said that Walker beat Alcoa's best player. It seems to me that Alcoa's best players competed in the events prior to the running (Lindsey-pass, Fiegler-punt, and Warran-Kick). So I would assume that saying that Brad beat Alcoa's best player would be a little bit of an exaggeration.

And on your comments about coach Reid (assuming that you are talking about Reid)"cussing" at WB's team, did you hear this with your own ears or was this something that someone else told you or better yet is it something you just made up in an effort to hurt this mans credibility and honor?

825714920[/snapback]

I would agree with the latter. After Kyrus Lanxter started early, it looked like Brad Walker was the one jumping to early. I guess he didn't want Alcoa to win EVERY event. Of course that would be the only time WB would be beating Alcoa in anything football wise, so I guess that 40 yard dash was a big victory for them.

Coach Reid is not a jerk. He teaches his kids sportsmanship, which the players have a lot of, and hard work. Sure sometimes he's intense, but going easy opn someone won't get the job done. And Coach Reid's coaching ability shouldn't be questioned. He rebuilt Alcoa's whole weight room to make the players bigger, faster, and stronger, and that's exactly what they are. If he came in and didn't care about that stuff at all Alcoa might be a playoff team, but they wouldn't be the best in 2A.

I hope Hunt is alright, it didn't look too good from where I was looking.

William Blount and Heritage are not even close to the caliber football team that Alcoa is. Alcoa has at least 5 D1 prospects on their team, William Blount and Heritage may have 1 between the two programs. Both WB and Heritage are making an attempt to build there programs up to a respectable level. This would be very hard to do while playing the toughest not region games in the state (Alcoa, Maryville, Central). So instead of criticizing WB and Heritage constantly about being "afraid" to play Alcoa maybe you should give them some praise for making an attempt to salvage a program that might one day be a very good team.

William Blount and Heritage are not even close to the caliber football team that Alcoa is. Alcoa has at least 5 D1 prospects on their team, William Blount and Heritage may have 1 between the two programs. Both WB and Heritage are making an attempt to build there programs up to a respectable level. This would be very hard to do while playing the toughest not region games in the state (Alcoa, Maryville, Central). So instead of criticizing WB and Heritage constantly about being "afraid" to play Alcoa maybe you should give them some praise for making an attempt to salvage a program that might one day be a very good team.

825715077[/snapback]

well i dont see how you get the William Blount has no D1 prospects

cause lets see Brad Walker, Brian Wendal, Ronald Ozbourne, Hamilton Bordern, Aaron Keener all 5 of those guys could easily go D1

And yes I heard Coach Reid cuss out WB with my own ears

14-0 against seymor

825714858[/snapback]

I would agree with the latter.  After Kyrus Lanxter started early, it looked like Brad Walker was the one jumping to early.  I guess he didn't want Alcoa to win EVERY event.  Of course that would be the only time WB would be beating Alcoa in anything football wise, so I guess that 40 yard dash was a big victory for them. 

Coach Reid is not a jerk.  He teaches his kids sportsmanship, which the players have a lot of, and hard work.  Sure sometimes he's intense, but going easy opn someone won't get the job done.  And Coach Reid's coaching ability shouldn't be questioned.  He rebuilt Alcoa's whole weight room to make the players bigger, faster, and stronger, and that's exactly what they are.  If he came in and didn't care about that stuff at all Alcoa might be a playoff team, but they wouldn't be the best in 2A.

I hope Hunt is alright, it didn't look too good from where I was looking.

825714981[/snapback]

Coach Reid first of all, was the one last night that was screaming at us to shut up and get on the bus. He would be the last person to cuss anybody besides his own players, ESPECIALLY AN OPPOSING PLAYER. Tom is right, Coach Reid has Alcoa doing the best summer program in the state, and like he reminded us, when people question our coaching staff (Not just him) and our program, just remember that we have worked this hard to get the program in this condition. I don't remember people raving about Alcoa's atheletes after Duck, Brandon, and Joei's first season...