Blount Co Jamboree

ATCPT

MLREB, why do u get on here and diss on high schoolers?  And Shiverdecker or Brandon would probably beat Walker.  Kyrus is a good runner but had a bad start. I mean everyone jumped about 10 times.  Someone was bound to have a bad start and he did.  He knew he was beat but thats ok.  Alcoa walked away with the ultimate achievement.

825715505[/snapback]

Diss highschoolers? Not sure what you are talking about. Just stating the facts.

If you think Warren and Shiverdecker are faster then Walker then you just keep enjoying that Tornado Kool Aid.

Sorry my friend............I don't like to see anybody quit. Particularly after watching the celebration after the first race......jump. It's easy to be a winner but losing with dignity is a special trait and unformtunatly not many kids have that today.

BTW...........the ultimate achievement? What would that be?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the miss spelling. Some people make mistakes.

825715643[/snapback]

No problem with the mistake....we all make them.

If you are going to make accusations of recruiting then it's typically a good idea to have some proof. Your accusation is serious and if you don't have proof plan on being raked over the coals, or lose all credibility.

OK...Here we go!!!

Alcoa impressed everybody and anybody who was there. If they didn't impress you then you're just a hater. Dustin Lindsey was incredible, and did anyone else see Brandon Warren take out his aggression after a dropped pass on a poor safety? Wow....Which by the way he more than made up for his dropped pass throughout the night. Shiverdecker was very impressive as well.

I'm not a fan of either Alcoa or Maryville, just an observer.....But Maryville does not stand a chance with or without their QB. Alcoa is going to dismantle the Rebels, you can count on it!

The Govman's thoughts on the jamboree:

Alcoa looks awfully good. We all know about all the D1 talent, but he kid who catches my eye is Randall Cobb. He is gifted. Might be the second best qb in the county. Heck, he might be the best ?!?

WB looked strong. Speed, speed, speed. Need to work on pass defense I think. Crosby did a great job filling in at qb. Hamilton Border is as smart and fundamental as any linebacker in the county.

Heritage is getting better. Lindsey kid is a stud. Of course, remember, he's from Carpenters Middle !!! Mountaineers have to hold on to football.

Maryville is Maryville. They are always gonna be good. Hated to see Hunt get hurt. He showed me some running ability on the play he got hit on. Hope he's better by game 1.

Greenback made a statement. Remember, they were 1A playing against 5A. David Sandlin is a stud. He's handsome too.

First rb 40, Walker spots Lankster 3 strides and still almost beats him :) . Alcoa fans, you can bask in your state championship and in the fact you're probably headed for one or two more. But throw us a bone ... Walker is the fastest player in county and one of the fastest in the state. Had he not ran, WB's Osborne would have most likely won the 40 (he did last year didn't he?)

I don't believe coachs should cuss players ... whether they are from another team or their own. I'm no hypocrite... most everyone might slip every now and then in the heat of battle. But a coach that makes a habit out of cussing at kids or even in front of them is weak in my opinion. I don't want my son to play under a cusser. I want him to play in an atmosphere that if he cusses, his butt will be in trouble.

The "Coward of the County" t-shirts worn by Alcoa fans (including some cheerleadrs) were not very classy. WB, Heritage, or Maryville kids would do the same type of stuff and have. Kids are kids. The problem is with adults and administrators that allow it and that print up the shirts. It wasn't players, fans, or students of WB and Heritage that decided not to play Alcoa ... it was coaches and administrators. I promise you, WB's kids would line up and play Alcoa tomorrow if they got the chance. But Coach Meadows (and Coach Rewis) are doing what they believe is in the best interest of their programs. If they were really scared of anyone ... why would they leave Maryville on the schedule?

If Maryville administrators don't want the Confederate flag used as a symbol (and I personally believe it shouldn't be) then they need to have enough nerve to step up and say it clearly and concisely. All the fluff they are hiding behind is bs. I know the two boys who were on the cover of the Times with the rebel flag painted on their torsos. They are fine young men. Good students, active in church. I hate to see them wearing "that symbol" but if I were in charge of them, I would have enough guts to step up and say NO ... we aren't going to allow that. I wouldn't hide behind a bunch of jargon. I don't want to argue the issue of whether it should or should not be used as a school symbol, but MHS administrators need to be forthright and honest in their wishes.

Lets get this season started. Let's remember it's a game. Let's remember that the most important thing we can do (more than winning) is to teach young men and women how to have character and how to respect others and how to show class and how to love God with all their heart, soul, and mind and how to love others like themselves. Now lets go out there and knock somebody's head off !!! :unsure::)

Is recurting something milk does when it goes bad...never had any bad milk in the cafeteria at MHS, but have seen milk go bad...mostly at home.

Can't wait for the season to get here...with this much controversy over a lil 40 yd sprint and WB acting like it was a championship game (must have listened to Thunderstruck), I can't even guess what the season itself will hold :unsure:

Coach Meadows, I prefer Back in Black personally. Liked that your team showed intensity.

False start FACTS: Lanxter 2, Walker 2.

I like the Kees, but did their fans have ANY reason to mouth off? Heritage mauled them and Heritage has never heard of the forward pass! :)

Derek Hunt is just fine today boys. He had a bad headache this morn (try gettin turned in a circle fast, directly into the path of an oncoming train) and was a lil weak, but he's up and around. Nice to see so many people say nice things thumb

Edited by Rebel Nation

For 1, Kyrus is not a RB, hes a reciever/free safty. And 2, Best player?!?!? What about Duck, Brandon, Joei, and Chris. I mean come on. Best Player? I dont think so. But a very tallented one at that who also has a chance to be a big D1 prospect. I was personally surprised that Chris Shiverdecker didn't run. But Kyrus does have a very long stretch. And thirdly, Coach Reid cussing at another team. I hightly doubt it. If u herd him cussin it was probly him cussin at his team to get back. Oh yeah, i would like to see Brad Walker run against Duck, Brandon, or Chris. It would be a fun one to watch.

825715298[/snapback]

Ok Walker may be the fastest in the county right now, but he isn't all that fast! And yes Laxter did jump, but it's not his fault that the starter didn't shoot it twice! He was supposed to keep running and he did. Duck may not be faster than Walker, but I do remember him burning him last year! Overall Alcoa looks a lot better than at Oak Ridge, Maryville looked good at time and hope Hunt is ok. The back up looked horrible!! He couldn't even throw a stop route! Other than that every one else looked ok!

Who cares if Brad Walker, Ronald Osborne, and Aaron Keener are faster then our skill people, our skill people put it in the end zone a lot and win a lot of games, and WB does neither. As for the "cowards of the county" shirts, I think they were a great idea, i wore one my self. WB and Heritage should be ashamed of themselves and I wanted to make sure everybody knew that. They knew they would have got blown out, but now when they are older and have kids there kids will ask if they played against Alcoa's greatest team ever in 2005, and they will have to tell their kids no I didnt get to play against them because we were cowards and decided not to play them.

As for Maryville, wow you guys are really really small all across the board. I think is the first time Alcoa can say they are bigger and stronger than Maryville, by far. Gary Tucker is the only big strong guy. Derek Hunt or whoever will be on the ground all night because Alcoa's D-Line will dominate. Thats if Maryville even risks throwing the ball. HAHA

Who cares if Brad Walker, Ronald Osborne, and Aaron Keener are faster then our skill people, our skill people put it in the end zone a lot and win a lot of games, and WB does neither.  As for the "cowards of the county" shirts, I think they were a great idea, i wore one my self.  WB and Heritage should be ashamed of themselves and I wanted to make sure everybody knew that.  They knew they would have got blown out, but now when they are older and have kids there kids will ask if they played against Alcoa's greatest team ever in 2005, and they will have to tell their kids no I didnt get to play against them because we were cowards and decided not to play them.

As for Maryville, wow you guys are really really small all across the board.  I think is the first time Alcoa can say they are bigger and stronger than Maryville, by far.  Gary Tucker is the only big strong guy.  Derek Hunt or whoever will be on the ground all night because Alcoa's D-Line will dominate.  Thats if Maryville even risks throwing the ball. HAHA

825715974[/snapback]

As I stated in my post ... the shirts "weren't very classy." Alcoa '06, as a student, you help solidify my point with posts like the one above. I admire your school spirit and support of your team but your coaches, administrators, etc. need to step up and help model what good sportsmanship and class look like. I don't blame you for wearing the "coward" t-shirt ... I'm sure I would have done the same thing when I was in high school. But I would like to think that either a coach or a teacher or principal from my school would have called me on it and told me not to wear it anymore. Good luck to the Tornadoes. Bring home another gold ball.

And BTW ... to Rebel Nation ... I promise you, Brad Walker knows how to "start" a sprint. He's been doing it for 6 or 7 years and he's been trained in it by Olympic caliber sprinters. You notice that when he finally moved over, the race got started. He jumps when someone else jumps ... it's reflex. In a good start, he's not going to "jump" the gun. I would have to dispute your "facts". But you know I'm a WB "homer" also :lol::D:D .

Edited by GovMan