Blount Co Jamboree

ATCPT

Coachspet1449 has a point. Alcoa has only 400 students with the rest of the high schools close to 2000.  U will always have more fans.  It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  Oh wait i forgot ya'll don't learn to much at Heritage or WB.  We have the better sports and the school.  Next time u want a math lesson on football fans at a game just post a thread.

825717112[/snapback]

thanks tunit(i know who you are and you know me if you think real hard). Heritage isn't well known for their stellar academics or their male athletics. The best athletes in the school are either female or in the band. Alcoa does have a fan base. Nobody wants to come watch some team get beat into the ground. They're just boring and for the past few years thats what the Alcoa-Heritage games have been. And no I'm not against the truth. My only vice about the people who post on these things are whinners and embellishers, which you guys that play on here seem to do quite a bit I've noticed. Except for Tom,Rebelnation and Vol23(I think) I don't take many opinions to heart. oh by the way Alcoa06, I know your from the class thats not that bright but you really make Alcoa fans look ignorant and stupid. You go to school with these kids that are playing and the things you post make them look just as ignorant as you. I bet you don't even play.

Edited by coachspet1449

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats incredibly rude for one and for two when Mr. Walker was playing Pee-wee ball so were the troublemakers you formention and he beat them then too. Alcoa will always have wanna be thugs but at least they aren't making death threats based on race. You can have your opinions but please other than the topic of sports try not to make them so bias.

825716928[/snapback]

Walker is fast for his class, but as yrs go by the players get slower and slower!! Back in my days Walker would have gotten maybe 3rd or fourth if that!!! But I'm not gonna take anything from him he's a heck of a ball player and decent on the track! I just hope he doesn't break my meet records!! thumb Good luck to him and the Govs this year!

Walker is fast for his class, but as yrs go by the players get slower and slower!! Back in my days Walker would have gotten maybe 3rd or fourth if that!!! But I'm not gonna take anything from him he's a heck of a ball player and decent on the track! I just hope he doesn't break my meet records!! thumb Good luck to him and the Govs this year!

825717167[/snapback]

man i think your wrong. players are not getting slower. they are getting alot faster. the game is also getting faster.

man i think your wrong. players are not getting slower. they are getting alot faster. the game is also getting faster.

825717184[/snapback]

Are you serious? The game may be getting faster, but the players sure aren't!! I know for a fact that Walker would have finished no better than 3rd or 4th, and he's been the fastest in the county for a few years!!

Flashy, trust me, as you get older, the people in "your class" will get faster and faster. I still like to thing way back in '79/80' that I was faster as a tight end than any of those lineman that ran last Friday night. But then I wake up and realize that I would have reading the back of Rae-Ray's jersey when he ran across the finish line.

To say that Walker is not as fast as the boys "back in your day" is really funny. Walker is a "state qualifying" high school track sprinter. He is legit fast for any era. Have there been some others in years gone by just as fast or maybe even faster ... I'm sure ... but there's not been many and your "fact" that he would have finished 3rd or 4th against your peers is a joke.

And VitaVol, I thought it was even more laughable ( I watched the reply video again last night) that in the first heat, when Lankster jumped 2 FULL STEPS, that Brad still almost caught him at the finish line. Had it been a "50" Brad would have passed him. Flashy is entitled to his opionion, but let's face it ... that is serious fast.

Hey guys, Alcoa is a great team (noone's denying that). To go ahead and concede that Walker is the fastest player around takes nothing away from the Tornadoes glory.

Talk about fast football players.............James Rainer from Alcoa was a Rocket!

-BlountCountySportsFan

825717268[/snapback]

The 2000 team was LOADED w/speed at Alcoa. I can remember watching them play and talking to meadows a few times about how fast they were. he said ( if i remember correctly ) that they had about 7 or 8 guys that were 4.5, and i know that rainer and sankey were low 4.4. all on one team!

Flashy, trust me, as you get older, the people in "your class" will get faster and faster.  I still like to thing way back in '79/80' that I was faster as a tight end than any of those lineman that ran last Friday night.  But then I wake up and realize that I would have reading the back of Rae-Ray's jersey when he ran across the finish line.

To say that Walker is not as fast as the boys "back in your day" is really funny.  Walker is a "state qualifying" high school track sprinter.  He is legit fast for any era.  Have there been some others in years gone by just as fast or maybe even faster ... I'm sure ... but there's not been many  and your "fact" that he would have finished 3rd or 4th against your peers is a joke.

And VitaVol, I thought it was even more laughable ( I watched the reply video again last night) that in the first heat, when Lankster jumped 2 FULL STEPS, that Brad still almost caught him at the finish line.  Had it been a "50" Brad would have passed him.  Flashy is entitled to his opionion, but let's face it ... that is serious fast.

Hey guys, Alcoa is a great team (noone's denying that).  To go ahead and concede that Walker is the fastest player around takes nothing away from the Tornadoes glory.

825717253[/snapback]

I'm not saying that Walker has no speed, but I do know for a FACT that he would not have finished better than 3rd!! He may be a state qualifier in track, but like I stated before, the times are getting slower!! I really don't wanna name players but I will if you don't believe me!! I'm not taking nothing away from Walker, but I will speak the truth, he has decent speed!! :o

I'm not saying that Walker has no speed, but I do know for a FACT that he would not have finished better than 3rd!! He may be a state qualifier in track, but like I stated before, the times are getting slower!! I really don't wanna name players but I will if you don't believe me!! I'm not taking nothing away from Walker, but I will speak the truth, he has decent speed!! :D

825717361[/snapback]

I think James Rainer would've beaten him by 3-4 steps. What do you think Flashy? :).

I think James Rainer would've beaten him by 3-4 steps.  What do you think Flashy?  :D.

825717536[/snapback]

Maybe so Tom ... that just tells me, along with Flashy's comment that Brad has "decent speed" that Alcoa, Maryville, and everyone else must be incredibly slow this year. Cause the WB kid with "decent speed" just burned everyone else and if he hadn't ran, WB's fill-in runner would have done the same thing.

James Rainer was one of the fastest ever around here, no doubt, but Walker has the "official recorded times" to be included in the list of some of the fastest ever around here as well. You guys list some official Rainer times in the 100/ 200/ 40 (not those that Punky did out by the track with a chrono) and I'll promise you they don't equate to 3 or 4 steps.