Alcoa Vs. Hopkinsville

TnFootballfan

JUST PULLED UP THE KENTUCKY SECONDARY SCHOOL ATHLETICS SITE. IT SAYS THAT IF A PLAYER OR COACH IS EJECTED THE MINIMUM SUSPENSION IS THE NEXT CONTEST. LOOKS LIKE IT READS ABOUT THE SAME AS TSSAA. IF THIS IS THE CASE IT LOOKS LIKE BRANDON IS OUT NEXT WEEK. IT IS A SHAME BECAUSE NO MATTER THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME THERE WILL BE QUESTIONS AND ACCUSATIONS, IE. MARYVILLE COULD NOT HAVE WON IF HE WAS IN THERE, ETC. NO MATTER WHICH WAY IT GOES WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT BOTH TEAMS. THERE IS NOT A BETTER FOOTBALL COMMUNITY IN UNITED STATES THEN MARYVILLE AND ALCOA. PROUD TO BE A ALUMNI ALCOA CLASS OF 74, AND CITY OF MARYVILLE EMPLOYEE FOR 24 YEARS.

Edited by tnnitehawk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Reid should suspend Warren for a game no matter what TSSAA rules say.. any player who gets ejected out of a ballgame(which is what ive gathered from these posts)needs to be suspended no matter if they're the #1 player in the state or the #500 player in the state... but i really dont know why the #500 player in the state would be playing in the ball game lol...

This is from the TSSAA website:

In contests in which registered TSSAA officials are involved, the officials will immediately notify the state office with both a telephone call and a written report if players are ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. In soccer, this would be for a RED CARD ONLY. In sports where registered TSSAA officials are not used, it will be the responsibility of the principal and/or coach of the player involved to report this incident to the state office.

On the ejection of a student athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be the suspension of the student athlete from participation in the next contest(s) at the level of competition for the specified number of contests played during a week in the particular sport (one game in soccer and football, two contests in all other sports). In addition, the student athlete is also suspended from participation in the same number of contest(s) at any other level of competition in the same sport.

Its still up in the air if Brandon can play next week. Alcoa will most definatly appeal. The game will be reviewed to see if it was unfair. The refs stunk and made calls that didnt happen. It looked more like cheating than making calls. Shiverdecker ended up with 3 long touchdown runs called back. Another thing is that the guy that started something with Brandon didn't even get ejected. What happend was that the guy messing with Brandon was holding him like 15 seconds (while there was and injured Alcoa player) after the whistle so Brandon pushed him off and the refs threw him out. I think it is very likey Brandon will play next week after TSSAA reviews the game.

Coach Reid should suspend Warren for a game no matter what TSSAA rules say.. any player who gets ejected out of a ballgame(which is what ive gathered from these posts)needs to be suspended no matter if they're the #1 player in the state or the #500 player in the state... but i really dont know why the #500 player in the state would be playing in the ball game lol...

825721425[/snapback]

I was at last night's games and I can truely say after being on the ALCOA end of the infamous in murvil's pocket referee's from 1980-1984 it was the worst officiating CLOWNS I have ever seen. First of all BW was being choked by # 8 from hop-town while checking on a fallen teammate. Second of all he was removing #8 hands from around his neck. Third of all the CLOWNS ejected BW & #8 who mysteriously came right back in the game on the very next play. If you are so content on proving to us that you are STUPID then by all means continue to open your mouth or should I say keep responding via message board.

p.s. what about the nhsa approved gloves that had been worn for an entire quarter before the CLOWNS said remove them because they're illegal. In the future come correct or don't come at all!!!!!!

As a Hopkinsville fan, who was at the game last night , I just want to say Alcoa is the most talented team that I have seen in a long time. If you guys think this Maryville team is capable of beating Alcoa, then I sure hate to play them. You all have so many weapons, I would think you will be alright if Warren doesnt get to play next friday.

I wish Hoptown could have given Alcoa more of a contest , but we are young and should get better. I was glad to see that our team didnt give up and played hard to the end. I think some things on this board are being a little exaggerated. For the most part it was a clean game. What happened with the Warren kid was this. After the play was over and well behind the play, the Warren kid and the Hoptown boy were going at it a bit. The Hoptown player took a quick jab and the Alcoa kid threw a hard punch. As is usually the case, the second punch was the one saw by everyone including the officals and thats why he was ejected. It wasnt some type of conspiracy, they just wasnt looking back there until Warren threw the punch. Alcoa is very good a blocking on the corners and down field and they got called for blocking in the back on some very big plays. However, the flags were thrown before the officals knew it was going to be a touchdown. I dont think it was "home cooking", but I understand how it looked. Anyway, I hope will Alcoa destroys everyone they play, it will make be feel better about the butt whipping we took last night.

I was at last night's games and I can truely say after being on the ALCOA end of the infamous in murvil's pocket referee's from 1980-1984 it was the worst officiating CLOWNS I have ever seen.  First of all BW was being choked by # 8 from hop-town while checking on a fallen teammate. Second of all he was removing #8 hands from around his neck.  Third of all the CLOWNS ejected BW & #8 who mysteriously came right back in the game on the very next play.  If you are so content on proving to us that you are STUPID then by all means continue to open your mouth or should I say keep responding via message board.

p.s. what about the nhsa approved gloves that had been worn for an entire quarter before the CLOWNS said remove them because they're illegal.  In the future come correct or don't come at all!!!!!!

825721529[/snapback]

Amen!!!!! Another thing is that after they told us to take off our gloves we saw 3 people on their team with them on. We told the refs and they did nothing.

i was at the game, horrible drive, horrible hospitality.

a few things that just blew my mind:

1) making the Alcoa players take their gloves off and not the Hoptown players? who what when where and why does it say that gloves are illegal for one team and not another?

2) everytime (minus 3 or 4 big plays) that alcoa broke it for over 20 yards, there was a flag thrown and the play was brought back (Shiverdecker would have had over 200 yards and 3 TD's had his plays not been brought back)

3) the refs called clipping on the defense???

4) the "fighting" situation, which was not a fight by any means. The Hoptown kid was choking warren around the neck, warren smacked his hands away from his throat. not a punch by any means.

if warren's "ejection" is upheld, then the TSSAA needs to find some new governing bodies to take over. It's already a big wash as it is. Warren is a good kid (know him personally) and would do nothing of the sorts to jepordize himself, his team, or his ride to FSU.

And p9, for someone who wasnt at the game, you should get your facts together before rattling off at the mouth calling a HS kid a selfish idiot!

I was at last night's games and I can truely say after being on the ALCOA end of the infamous in murvil's pocket referee's from 1980-1984 it was the worst officiating CLOWNS I have ever seen.  First of all BW was being choked by # 8 from hop-town while checking on a fallen teammate. Second of all he was removing #8 hands from around his neck.  Third of all the CLOWNS ejected BW & #8 who mysteriously came right back in the game on the very next play.  If you are so content on proving to us that you are STUPID then by all means continue to open your mouth or should I say keep responding via message board.

p.s. what about the nhsa approved gloves that had been worn for an entire quarter before the CLOWNS said remove them because they're illegal.  In the future come correct or don't come at all!!!!!!

825721529[/snapback]

i was correct in stating that Warren got ejected.. i said nothing about gloves.. what i said was anyone who is ejected should be suspended.. i know i wasnt at the game and saw nothing that happened, but him being ejected is a fact and thats what i was basing my opinion on...

BW is not an idiot and that is uncalled for! He may have been provoked and probley was.

Having been a few moons back around Fort Campbell/Hoptown I can tell you it can be a rough place to grow up around.

BUT if a player is ejected from a game it will most likely be result in a suspension, anything less is an injustice to the great game.

I am sorry for Warren; I know he wanted to beat Maryville very badly.