7 AAA

GreatExpectations

This District has some great teams and I can see this district tournament being interesting in October.

Here are my picks:

1. Siegel - Horencamp/Cutter are the best players in Rutheford Co.

2. Cookeville - WoW Cookeville is back! Lookout Siegel!

3. Riverdale - Big Middle is good, need to find some hitters other than her.

4. Oakland - Scrappy, Scrappy team

5. Blackman - Young and learning, but have a GREAT coach.

6. White Co. - Not yet back to the where they were a few years ago.

7. Lebanon - Has two HUGE - but raw - middles, but injuries are killing them.

8. Warren Co. - Getting better all the time and will suprise somebody.

The Siegel and Cookeville matchups will be killer matches to see. I expect them to go 5 and be all-out wars. Coach Palk-Slaughter is one the best coaches in the state that noone knows about. She does a great job and is a super, super motivator.

Riverdale has some injuries to overcome, but I feel like they will be great come Oct. Passing has some concerns, as does finding another hitter or two.

Look out for Blackman, as they will come on strong at the end and beat somebody they aren't "supposed" to. Mary Rickman-Dayton is such a great coach, that I feel she will have her girls playing hard.

Lebanon has a bunch of nagging injuries, (Setter/Outside Hitter) but Coach Harman does a good job there. They have two HUGE middles (Sisters) but they are raw right now.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen Lebanon play this summer and preseason, so I will only comment on what I have seen in response to Great's observations.

Maynard is expected to be back before the first official match, Tuesday against Oakland. Don't know how effective she will be if she gets the green light. We will see. Pickler, the setter, will not be far behind, but last I heard there was no definate date for return.

About those two middle hitters...they are HUGE. The sophomore sister will be a force early and will only improve from there. She was thrown in the mix last year when they had some discipline problems with upperclassmen. She played hard in the offseason, and improved her basic skills as well as picked up some new ones. She is fun to watch, and she loves to play. I wouldn't really classify her as raw anymore, maybe two steps above raw. :lol:

Her sister is a freshman and stands only two inches shorter. She looks about like her older sister last year, so I imagine she will pick up things rather quickly.

They both should compliment the other members of the lineup well, but the team might struggle early trying to fill the spots left by some big seniors last year.

We should all see some good volleyball come October!

I have only seen Lebanon play this summer and preseason, so I will only comment on what I have seen in response to Great's observations.

Maynard is expected to be back before the first official match, Tuesday against Oakland.  Don't know how effective she will be if she gets the green light.  We will see.  Pickler, the setter, will not be far behind, but last I heard there was no definate date for return. 

About those two middle hitters...they are HUGE.  The sophomore sister will be a force early and will only improve from there.  She was thrown in the mix last year when they had some discipline problems with upperclassmen.  She played hard in the offseason, and improved her basic skills as well as picked up some new ones.  She is fun to watch, and she loves to play. I wouldn't really classify her as raw anymore, maybe two steps above raw.  :lol:

Her sister is a freshman and stands only two inches shorter.  She looks about like her older sister last year, so I imagine she will pick up things rather quickly. 

They both should compliment the other members of the lineup well, but the team might struggle early trying to fill the spots left by some big seniors last year.

We should all see some good volleyball come October!

825718288[/snapback]

Very interesting picks. I agee with the top 2. Cookeville will no doubt push siegel. Lebanon is way better then 7th and WCHS will be pretty good because they always play defense.

Siegel, Cookeville, Lebanon, White County & Riverdale will be the top half--in no particular order. Blackman will be really close.

My pick of 7th was in no way a slight to Lebanon, but was only going by what I have seen and heard about injuries. Take those out of the line up and a seventh place finish would be about right. If they are back soon, I bet they will be a lot better.

I really think if Riverdale can over come their injuries, they will suprise some people.

I have not seen or heard anything about White County, only basing what I knew from last year. I know Lynn Cannon is a wonderful coach.

This district is Siegel's to lose and Cookeville will be right there, as well.

Does anyone know the location, in Lebanon, of the two day Middle School Volleyball tournament Which is Friday and Saturday and has 8-10 teams in it.

825718474[/snapback]

I think I heard that tournament was being played at Cumberland, but I am not 100% on that.

I think I heard that tournament was being played at Cumberland, but I am not 100% on that.

825718487[/snapback]

It is at Cumberland starting at 4pm on Friday (8/19) and at 9am on Saturday (8/20).

I'd love to see ya'll there. Go Wolves :lol:

Wow, my second go-round of MS volleyball...I hope I survive.

• 2 weeks later...
definately will be good match between siegel and cookeville.

but siegel will take all.

825739834[/snapback]

7 AAA is starting to play out as expected.

I don't know everyones district record so update it if you can.

Siegel 6-0

Cookeville 6-0

Riverdale 4-2 --not sure but that seems correct.

Siegel plays Cookeville Tues at CHS. Should be a good one. If Riverdale can get their passing/serve receive down they could be in the mix come tournament time.

Bradley Central is coming to Siegel in a week or so. Ought to be a great match...a rematch of the Sub State last year.

Announcements