Powell Panthers football

phs5

AE, there have been about 5 people saying anything at all about the Powell team...how you can think an entire community and team is a certain way, good or bad, due to roughly 5, is completely beyond me. And all I've seen in the way of being on "cloud 9" is that most of the Powell people expected more out of AE. Most of Powell's fans thought they'd have an advantage upfront but would have trouble with their athleticism, and Powell didn't. AE just flat-out wasn't that good of a football team, it's that simple. Everyone I know doesn't think Powell has accomplished anything this year. They just know AE isn't very good this year.

Edited by DrubRally

AE, there have been about 5 people saying anything at all about the Powell team...how you can think an entire community and team is a certain way, good or bad, due to roughly 5, is completely beyond me. And all I've seen in the way of being on "cloud 9" is that most of the Powell people expected more out of AE. Most of Powell's fans thought they'd have an advantage upfront but would have trouble with their athleticism, and Powell didn't. AE just flat-out wasn't that good of a football team, it's that simple. Everyone I know doesn't think Powell has accomplished anything this year. They just know AE isn't very good this year.

825719463[/snapback]

That's their opinion and this is my opinion. If you don't like what I posted, tell the person who started this thread that he shouldn't have started if you can't accept everyone opinion. This has nothing to do with the Jamboree I'm just posting my opinion.

Well, my humble opinion is that Powell looks good. I think they can compete with ANYBODY. Watts is a big factor in that, but he is not the whole team. Lee Smith didn't even play in the scrimmage tonight & Powell still looked that good, so I can just imagine if he had been playing. I'm not saying they are going to be State Champs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made it that far.

hey ph5 why don't you write these replies down so you can stop starting the same thread over and over and over! And to think a couple of weeks ago HTV was trying to school me on some of my posts. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzz!

825719751[/snapback]

No, no. Not trying to "school" you, MHS. Just pointing out a fact. :P

I'm really not a Maryville detractor. I have a lot of respect for George and the program. It's a class outfit all the way.