Freshman Teams

Contender

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nashville Maplewood has one of the best groups of freshmen I've seen. At least 30 were at practice with the varsity all summer except during the dead period. If they stay together and hit the books, they should have at least 5 - 6 division 1 players as well as several small school signees by senior year

Rhea Co has a good team ,they played in a jamboree last night and beat White Co.

21-0 and McMinn Co. 7-6 Last week they beat Sevier Co. in a scrim. Great offense with a QB that can throw deep and WR that can catch, Two running backs one quick and good moves the other big with power, runs over people. Very good defense. Very good size in both lines. Read the Dayton Hearld for information on the players this week also features the Varisty. thumb

Edited by bigin52

Well im gonna go back to last year...Smyrna had the best freshman team i have ever saw...and i have saw many teams..they were just stacked on both sides of the ball with a AWESOME qb "Sonny Gray" which led his team to a victory friday..but if n e else has ever saw a better freshman team please reply

825722607[/snapback]

Didnt they drop one game later in the season to Wilson Central? Last year I was at the Riverdale vs. Smyrna freshman game, it was Smyrnas 3rd game of the season and Riverdales 1st. Riverdale scored their first offensive play of the game on a DEEP ball, and never scored again but held Smyrna to 6 points (a touchdown with a missed PAT) until the last minute of the game, where some kid struck out and there was MANY Riverdale players right there to make the tackle, but got nervous and missed, and I think the runner went untouched to the endzone. Riverdale could not produce a scoring drive with the little time they had left, final score Smyrna 13, Riverdale 7.

That was a turning point for Riverdale all 7 of their next games, including the Lions Bowl Championship. I would almost guarantee that Riverdale could have won later in the season, I'd put money on it, since the game came right down to the wire and Smyrna had already had 2 games under their belt and it was Riverdales 1st. Regardless of the outcome, it was a VERY entertaining game.

HHS FRESHMAN!!! darion roper is one if not the toughest running fullback in midstate. Brandon hall is a 6"2 qb with an arm. D.J. Cull and Darion roper will b starting line backers and let me tll u sumthing. they can hit like no other. tally and c.j. gambino are very hard runners along with zack hill ( a future edward sawyer) db's can do betta but im tellin u if these boys play to there potential they will make it to state as juniors. and i no they can cuz i use to play wit em