Week 1 - Greenbrier VS Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

Well, we now have some solid strategies on the table.  I haven't seen anything about the lines yet though, so I'll make a few contributions there since I don't think the game on Friday is a 7-on-7 passing competition.  I'm don't really know what to expect from Greenbrier, but having been one of the most intelligent linemen in DL history, I have a pretty good idea about what the Mustang coaches will be saying this week. 

For the offensive line, I'm expecting some decent play.  I expect the center to put the ball between his legs on a regular basis.  You should expect to see the line as a whole getting in the way of the Bobcats.  Should the Mustangs decide to pass, I think the line's number one goal will be to keep the Bobcat defenders away from quarterback Clay Smith.  If given the opportunity, I think the Lipscomb blockers may even knock down an opposing player just to make sure the 'Brier knows they mean business.

As for the defensive line, I expect them to get in the backfield and try to mess some things up back there.  If the man carrying the ball happens to run by them, don't be surprised if they reach out and tackle him.  Expect to see lots of swim-moves and spin-moves as the Mustang line looks for the pigskin.  Should someone lose control of the ball, expect the Lipscomb D-line to try to pick it up and score.

On players to watch: If I were HARD like you, I'd make sure to keep an eye on whoever has the ball.  Be careful though, I've known coaches to be sneaky and try to make you think one person has the ball when someone else really has it.

For game strategies, call me crazy, but I'd expect the Mustangs to attempt to score more points than the Bobcats.  The Bobcats aren't stupid though, they know what the Mustangs game plan looks like, and I expect to see them put a few points of their own up.

COACHHARD, hope this has given you some insight into what to expect from this game.  If you really want some history, I'd suggest checking your local library.  I hear they have some great books, probably all the history you'd want.  Let me suggest the early Roman Republic as a good starting place.  Hail Caesar!

825726721[/snapback]

Congratulations!!! You and Bombsuad are in the select few!

I feel sure the Lipscomb faithful are so very proud of you.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one that normally gets into the negative bickering but I'm absolutely amazed at how big of a jerk both hsball and bomb are. Guys, do you actually get pleasure and satisfaction from trying to irate the opposing fans? That is so weak. People that can sit behind a keyboard and get their jollies from verbally slamming others through a message board are sure to develop into high class, successful individuals. What men you must be! With being very familiar with both DL and the C of C, I think it's fairly obvious that you both have totally missed the boat. I'm sure your parents are proud.

If you can take a second away from staring at yourself in the mirror as you flex that bicep, please find something misspelled, misquoted, or used in the incorrect tense and let me have it. It'll make you feel better about yourself I'm sure.

Thanks Vandy1 for the link. Nice web site.

Edited by NoDoubt

What did you guys do.......call each other after my post? Or....are you all one in the same....maybe multiple screen names? I think coacht had to delete a few last year. 9 screen names for one Lipscomb fan was just too many.

Thanks for your immediate response. I expected no less than your arrogance to be in full bloom.

I know most of the Lipscomb faithful are good respectful people.....like I said....only a few.

I did enjoy the Mustangfanpage.....and I noticed it had a message board of it's own. Maybe you guys can talk amongst yourselves there. It looked pretty wide open for discussion.

Good luck!

825726716[/snapback]

FYI I only have 7 screennames. What I find really interesting is a grown man who takes a high school football message board so seriously that he scolds high school kids for having some good clean fun. I guess in your family you sit around the dinner table discussing a quarterbacks progression of reads against different defenses. Ooooh can I come to dinner sometime. Besides, I hardly think that CoachT really minds the multiple screen names as it gives him more ammo to charge advertisers money claiming he has more subscribers. It sounds like a good deal for everyone...except the "real" fans who want to talk...."real" football

Edited by mustangfan

I'm not one that normally gets into the negative bickering but I'm absolutely amazed at how big of a jerk both hsball and bomb are.  Guys, do you actually get pleasure and satisfaction from trying to irate the opposing fans?  That is so weak.  People that can sit behind a keyboard and get their jollies from verbally slamming others through a message board are sure to develop into high class, successful individuals.  What men you must be!  With being very familiar with both DL and the C of C, I think it's fairly obvious that you both have totally missed the boat.  I'm sure your parents are proud.

If you can take a second away from staring at yourself in the mirror as you flex that bicep,  please find something misspelled, misquoted, or used in the incorrect tense and let me have it.  It'll make you feel better about yourself I'm sure.

Thanks Vandy1 for the link.  Nice web site.

825726759[/snapback]

Odd that he should call you jerks while chastising you for verbally slamming people. Hmmmm?

FYI I only have 7 screennames.  What I find really interesting is a grown man who takes a high school football message board so seriously that he scolds high school kids for having some good clean fun.  I guess in your family you sit around the dinner table discussing a quarterbacks progression of reads against different defenses.  Ooooh can I come to dinner sometime.  Besides, I hardly think that CoachT really minds the multiple screen names as it gives him more ammo to charge advertisers money claiming he has more subscribers.  It sounds like a good deal for everyone...except the "real" fans who want to talk...."real" football

825726782[/snapback]

Another congratulations....and welcome to the select few....you guys are growing in numbers.

Actually my family and I sit around and think of how many screen names we can come up with to post ridiculous, non informative, negative, and arrogant posts on message boards. Very similar to your family.

On a serious note....my family actually discusses how grateful we are that our children didn't turn out like some of these Lipscomb kids did.

Why don't you and some of your multiple personalities try to really support coacht and buy a plus membership. I noticed none of you have one. It's only $12.00 and you can post your garbage on any board all year. Wait....maybe that's not a good idea after all......

Thanks for being such a good sport.

Edited by COACHHARD

Another congratulations....and welcome to the select few....you guys are growing in numbers.

Actually my family and I sit around and think of how many screen names we can come up with to post ridiculous, non informative, negative, and arrogant posts on message boards. Very similar to your family.

On a serious note....my family actually discusses how grateful we are that our children didn't turn out like some of these Lipscomb kids did.

Why don't you and some of your multiple personalities try to really support coacht and buy a plus membership. I noticed none of you have one. It's only $12.00 and you can post your garbage on any board all year. Wait....maybe that's not a good idea after all......

825726810[/snapback]

Thanks for your visit to the Mustangfanpage and thanks for joining in our "Game Day Experience". I know most of who these guys are and they are very good and smart guys and come from good families. These guys exist on a higher plain when it comes time for high school football and gameday experience. Their comments bring in additional comments. If their comments weren't made on this thread with Lipscomb and Greenbrier it probably would have died after the first two or three. These two teams and their fans have no axe to grind with each other and they know what to expect on and off the field. People would have died of boredom in this thread without them. In years when Lipscomb used to have preseason scrimmages at Greenbrier, The Greenbrier folks would feed the team either with burgers or watermelon and everybody used to seat around and eat and talk. So don't expect alot of bantering between the schools about the field of play-they look for other reasons to get a jab in. So don't take everything so seriously when you read it here. Good Luck to your team. Troyleetim, I hope that you got those Math papers graded.

Random Ruminations: Where is Twittycanes, Where is EastTNfootballexpert?

Coachhard needs to spend some time in the East TN Football Threads especially in the Alcoas, The Rockwoods, and the Sweetwaters. The Lipscomb Threads are Baby Lotion compared to what is thrown around there.

Troyleetim will I'm sure if Coachhard would like to attend a Football game at Lipscomb, hook him up with a comp ticket and I'm sure Bayron, that great American will hook him up with a chair back seat. He needs to call the Athletic Dept at Lipscomb and get Troyleetim out of class and will take care of him. Coach H will want to get there around noon and experience "The Game Day Experience at Lipscomb". Perhaps he'll get to see what a Real Game Day looks like and get to meet the Lipscomb Kids..Maybe he and his wife would change their mind about Lipscomb kids and join in on one of their many service projects during the year.

Edited by vandy1

825726810[/snapback]

I think COACH exemplified how everyone should really act on CoachT with this post. "Grateful his children didn't turn out like some of these Lipscomb kids did". What an attitude. I happen to be one of these Lipscomb kids who has talked to Greenbrier's star middle linebacker and running back the last two nights. I know and am friends with some Greenbrier players and have not attacked a single Greenbrier player. Now, you get on here and begin attacking the integrity of Lipscomb students because they try to bring life to an otherwise boring thread. Here's to COACHHARD, king of the classy post.

Random Ruminations:  Where is Twittycanes, Where is EastTNfootballexpert? 

Coachhard needs to spend some time in the East TN Football Threads especially in the Alcoas, The Rockwoods, and the Sweetwaters.  The Lipscomb Threads are Baby Lotion compared to what is thrown around there.

Troyleetim will I'm sure if Coachhard would like to attend a Football game at Lipscomb, hook him up with a comp ticket and I'm sure Bayron, that great American will hook him up with a chair back seat.  He needs to call the Athletic Dept at Lipscomb and get Troyleetim out of class and will take care of him.  Coach H will want to get there around noon and experience  "The Game Day Experience at Lipscomb".  Perhaps he'll get to see what a Real Game Day looks like and get to meet the Lipscomb Kids..Maybe he and his wife would change their mind about Lipscomb kids and join in on one of their many service projects during the year.

825726886[/snapback]

Since you have called me out I must at least make a brief post. While your talking about random ruminations lets find out where mustvol, mudflap & purplegang is as well. I guess I have been kinda in a different mind set as many of you know. I am alive and well. I also have been on other threads trying to figure out new teams & players & who are the teams to beat & so forth. I kinda feel like a rookie in those threads. Thats life I guess. I still am very interested in this upcoming season for the Mustangs. Once a Mustang ALWAYS a Mustang. I also read on here about that Chuck Pack guy who SUPPOSEDLY took pictures. I heard there was film in his camera but he just looked thru the lens to get close up looks for his personal use. What a way to get on the sidelines. I had a talk with Chuck about that & he said that he would not do that anymore. vandy1 thanks for your concerns on my whereabouts.