Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

Maybe Alcoa should start recruiting????  Yeah, I said it!  My hats off to GQ, I wish we would have figured out how to do that first. 

Sorry Govman for taking a stab at your coach.....truth hurts doesn't it?

825730199[/snapback]

The TRUTH IS, your team got dominated by Maryville and now you find it necessary to accuse one of the finest Christian gentlemen and coaches around--GQ-of recruiting. And oh yeah ... while you are at it, take a shot at Coach Meadows also. As for me, I'm glad how it worked out with the coaching situation. I certainly wouldn't want to trade back and it doesn't sound like you would either, so I guess we're both happy.

BTW, AlcoaFan ... Blount looked real good today against Clarksville Northwest. But the test's begin next week ... travel to Soddy Daisy; then follow that up with Ooltewah, then Maryville .... it gets tougher and tougher.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reid will never beat the Rebs as long as GQ is calling the shots!! He was totally out coached in every aspect of the game!! Maybe he should run Duck more than seven times!! I still don't think that would have worked based on what I saw!! Those kids showed me that they have no heart when they get down!! They better improve very quickly!! Congrats to the Rebs and all the fans!! You won't hear me talk bad about you all ever again!!!! They are well coached and they BELIEVE!!!! thumb

825730204[/snapback]

I've heard talk about eventually having Maryville east and Maryville west. That school has to be over crowded. Has anyone heard this too? If it happens, what will this do to the sports over there? How crowded does a school have to get before they bite the bullet to build another one. We all know if they would build a Carpenter's High school it would probably put an end to a lot of WB's problems.

You know the only mouth I've seen on the site has been the Maryville fans.  Yea, you won the game, but just remember these are teenage kids playing their hearts out for a sport they love.  They did get beat.  But just remember most of us are adults on this site.  Be careful about what you say on here, the kids are checking the site too. Know one could possible know how bad they feel.  They kept their cool all week and just worked hard to get ready.  They got beat....end of statement.  They don't need punches at them to make them feel worse.  My son gave it 110% with not as much back up as I expected from the rest of the team.  I'm sure they feel horrible.  I've noticed that the biggest rivels between these two teams are students from the70's and early 80's......mhs must be from those years because he has way too big of a chip on his shoulder.  My observation.

825728952[/snapback]

lady, this isnt little league football, this is high school football, and if you get mad because i think your son is terrible and wouldnt know what do to with the ball if he actually got in..then get off the board. they are big kids, and im sure they dont want their mommy getting on the boards to get their backs, so let the guys play, and if you dont want us to talk trash about him get out there and do something with him instead of complaining to us, its not out fault he stinks, its yours

You know what I'm talking about.  It's the name calling.  And the punches I'm throwing is at a couple of Maryville fans on this site using the name "idiot".  That's all wrong.  Punch at the coaches all you want, but go easy on the boys.

And speaking of, to the Meadow's fan out there--If he's such a great coach, why doesn't he have enough faith in his team to play Alcoa this year?  Is he pouting because he didn't get his position back?  I know a lot of people doesn't like Reid, but he did take the team to the State Championship game last year and brought a trophy home with him.  Maybe Alcoa should start recruiting????  Yeah, I said it!  My hats off to GQ, I wish we would have figured out how to do that first. 

Sorry Govman for taking a stab at your coach.....truth hurts doesn't it?

825730199[/snapback]

You really seem to have your own version of reality. You just have an 1,800 yard rusher transfer to your school and give us the old "recruit" label? And don't get me wrong I am not saying Shivy was recruited, just interesting you used that decades old excuse for Maryville's success. Maryville is thinner than they have been in years. If you don't think that Alcoa had the most talent on the field last night you don't know much about football. Acussing Coach Quarles of recruiting is as bad as calling anyone an idiot. That is an insult to our kids our coaches and our school. Quit making excuses and learn how to lose. You got outcoached, you got outplayed. With all the hype that has surrounded your team for weeks for you to stoop to making accusations like that is unbelievable.

By the way I think Meadows won a Championship at Alcoa too didn't he?

The TRUTH IS, your team got dominated by Maryville and now you find it necessary to accuse one of the finest Christian gentlemen and coaches around--GQ-of recruiting.  And oh yeah ... while you are at it, take a shot at Coach Meadows also.    As for me, I'm glad how it worked out with the coaching situation.  I certainly wouldn't want to trade back and it doesn't sound like you would either, so I guess we're both happy.

BTW,  AlcoaFan ... Blount looked real good today against Clarksville Northwest.  But the test's begin next week ... travel to Soddy Daisy;  then follow that up with Ooltewah, then Maryville .... it gets tougher and tougher.

825730256[/snapback]

You've had to hear it too, everyone has. One of your players has said they have talked to him twice. Not GQ himself, but the other coaches.

I love to go to all the "home" team games, and WB and Heritage dropping Alcoa was wrong. I'm upset about the game, yeah, but hear say is hear say. You went to WB.....so did I. How bad did we want to beat Maryville? It can't be just the cookin' in that city that makes those boys so big. Isn't it funny that that team has bigger kids than the other 3 teams in the area? Speak your real mind (like you did about Alcoa about 2 weeks ago) and stop being Mr. I love everyone except Alcoa. As for the coach at WB. I don't know him, I wanted to see Nick White in that position. Do you think Mike White would have ever dropped a local team from his schedule? I don't think so! That man can never be replaced.

You really seem to have your own version of reality. You just have an 1,800 yard rusher transfer to your school and give us the old "recruit" label? And don't get me wrong I am not saying Shivy was recruited, just interesting you used that decades old excuse for Maryville's success. Maryville is thinner than they have been in years. If you don't think that Alcoa had the most talent on the field last night you don't know much about football. Acussing Coach Quarles of recruiting is as bad as calling anyone an idiot. That is an insult to our kids our coaches and our school. Quit making excuses and learn how to lose. You got outcoached, you got outplayed. With all the hype that has surrounded your team for weeks for you to stoop to making accusations like that is unbelievable.

By the way I think Meadows won a Championship at Alcoa too didn't he?

825730280[/snapback]

Hey, I admit it. We did got out-played and out-coached last night. The Maryville team looked great on the field and our boys didn't get the job done. But look how many towers they have on that team. And didn't one just move here from Farragut? Last year they had an 8th grader that was 6'5". Can you give us county people come recipes you use? I'd like to see some 6'5" and 6'6" kids in Alcoa and Blount Co.

Hey, I admit it.  We did got out-played and out-coached last night.  The Maryville team looked great on the field and our boys didn't get the job done.  But look how many towers they have on that team.  And didn't one just move here from Farragut?  Last year they had an 8th grader that was 6'5".  Can you give us county people come recipes you use?  I'd like to see some 6'5" and 6'6" kids in Alcoa and Blount Co.

825730295[/snapback]

Lady please stop making excuses!! I'm a die, hard Alcoa fan and there is nothing we can say about that decapitation that we recieved last night!!!! Maryville showed that they've got lots of HEART!! No matter how much talent a teams has, without heart they can't win, because they don't BELIEVE they can win!! And by the way, GQ could have put up 60 on us, but he's that kind of coach and I respect him for that!! Good luck to the Rebs on the rest of the season!! :(

Hey, I admit it.  We did got out-played and out-coached last night.  The Maryville team looked great on the field and our boys didn't get the job done.  But look how many towers they have on that team.  And didn't one just move here from Farragut?  Last year they had an 8th grader that was 6'5".  Can you give us county people come recipes you use?  I'd like to see some 6'5" and 6'6" kids in Alcoa and Blount Co.

825730295[/snapback]

You are making some really sick insinuations here so I am basically done with you and I don't want to give your twisted mind any more fuel. Like trying to reason with a 3 year old.

Edited by mhs

Lady please stop making excuses!! I'm a die, hard Alcoa fan and there is nothing we can say about that decapitation that we recieved last night!!!! Maryville showed that they've got lots of HEART!! No matter how much talent a teams has, without heart they can't win, because they don't BELIEVE they can win!! And by the way, GQ could have put up 60 on us, but he's that kind of coach and I respect him for that!! Good luck to the Rebs on the rest of the season!! :(

825730325[/snapback]

GQ is a great person. I've met him and one of the other coaches and they seem to be great guys. I'm ready to get over it and move on to next week. Alcoa needs to watch the films and learn from their mistakes and take it out on CAK on the field. I hope to watch Alcoa and Maryville at the State Champ games this year and cheer for them both just like last year. I was wondering, what year did GQ come to Maryville?

When Maryville steps up and plays the Big Boys (Riverdale, Oak Ridge,etc) they might get some respect. Until then they will just be another mediocre team that is over rated. Step up and play somebodyand see where you stand Rebs and quit hiding behind a panzy schedule.

825730353[/snapback]

well junkie you will be happy to hear that maryville is adding the New England Patriots to there schedule... Maryville players and coaches have nothing to do with who they play, but for the opponents they do play, they destroy, maybe once in a blue moon they get beat but they cant help that all their opponents stink. It's not like we lose to much...

GQ is a great person.  I've met him and one of the other coaches and they seem to be great guys.  I'm ready to get over it and move on to next week.  Alcoa needs to watch the films and learn from their mistakes and take it out on CAK on the field.  I hope to watch Alcoa and Maryville at the State Champ games this year and cheer for them both just like last year.  I was wondering, what year did GQ come to Maryville?

825730336[/snapback]

Vol-ette,

It is time to move on, one more post. I AGREE with you on WB playing Alcoa. I hate that we dropped them. If I had had a vote, I would've have voted to keep them on the schedule, as would a huge majority of WB folks I talk to.

On the subject of recruiting and MHS. I'm a close friend of GQ ... he is a class-guy, full of character and integrity. I have a hard time when someone wants to specifically attack him. Maryville's FOOTBALL SUCCESS is a recruiting tool. Nothing illegal or unethical ... if a huge, talented kid from a long line of football family success has parents that decide they want to move to Maryville and build a house and live here so he can go to Maryville, that is their decision to make.

If one of the fastest kids in the county goes through 8th grade at Carpenters Middle and his parents decide they want to move into the city of Maryville so he can play for MHS ... it hurts us county schools ... but there's nothing illegal about it.

If a great player who's brother played at WB and who lives in their zone ... if his parents decide to go through the procedure of making him a tuition student so he can play for Maryville, that doesn't mean anyone recruited him.

Carpenters has a great middle school team this year (28-8 over Maryville last week). Heritage has a good team too (wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Maryville). What we have to do, is build programs that make those kids want to continue on at WB or Heritage. We don't just lose players to MHS ... we lose them to AHS also. AND I'M NOT ACCUSING EITHER SCHOOL of recruiting.

And lastly, I don't dislike Alcoa. I'm sorry for giving you the impression I did. I hope they win every game they have left. I would have loved if for some of their kids and some of their coaches had they won Friday night. But I was also happy for the Maryville folks. I've got friends at both places. When either play WB, I'm for the Governors. Other than that, I cheer for them both and for Heritage.

Alcoa is lucky to have a fan/parent that is as supportive and passionate as you are Vol-ette. Sorry if I was out of line or made you mad or gave you the wrong impression. I actually do want to "love everybody" but sometimes I screw up. Forgive me.