Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

Hey boyz!

What a win for my beloved red and black. I told you a week earlier that the red "rebels" would roll.

In the words of starz...."what the world needs now is love sweet suzie's love!" or was that you that said that gov man?

Red Rebels dominate and did you see all those rebel flags a wavin'? Beautiful site wasn't it?

Gotta run to church!

Love you boyz!

B)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Maryville steps up and plays the Big Boys (Riverdale, Oak Ridge,etc) they might get some respect. Until then they will just be another mediocre team that is over rated. Step up and play somebodyand see where you stand Rebs and quit hiding behind a panzy schedule.

825730353[/snapback]

IMO, M'ville wouldn't have a problem with Oak Ridge year in and year out. They wouldn't be any worse off against Rivedale than what Oak Ridge is, either.

M'ville would certainly win Region 1-5A this year, and they would most likely win Region 2-5A.

That's just my opinion. I dont have dog in this fight.

Vol-ette,

It is time to  move on, one more post.  I AGREE with you on WB playing Alcoa.  I hate that we dropped them.  If I had had a vote, I would've have voted to keep them on the schedule, as would a huge majority of WB folks I talk to.

On the subject of recruiting and MHS.  I'm a close friend of GQ ... he is a class-guy, full of character and integrity.  I have a hard time when someone wants to specifically attack him.  Maryville's FOOTBALL SUCCESS is a recruiting tool.  Nothing illegal or unethical ... if a huge, talented kid from a long line of football family success has parents that decide they want to move to Maryville and build a house and live here so he can go to Maryville, that is their decision to make.

If one of the fastest kids in the county goes through 8th grade at Carpenters Middle and his parents decide they want to move into the city of Maryville so he can play for MHS ... it hurts us county schools ... but there's nothing illegal about it.

If a great player who's brother played at WB and who lives in their zone ... if his parents decide to go through the procedure of making him a tuition student so  he can play for Maryville, that doesn't mean anyone recruited him.

Carpenters has a great middle school team this year (28-8 over Maryville last week).  Heritage has a good team too (wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Maryville).  What we have to do, is build programs that make those kids want to continue on at WB or Heritage.  We don't just lose players to MHS ... we lose them to AHS also.  AND I'M NOT ACCUSING EITHER SCHOOL  of recruiting.

And lastly, I don't dislike Alcoa.  I'm sorry for giving you the impression I did.  I hope they win every game they have left.  I would have loved if for some of their kids and some of their coaches had they won Friday night.  But I was also happy for the Maryville folks.  I've got friends at both places.  When either play WB, I'm for the Governors.  Other than that, I cheer for them both and for Heritage.

Alcoa is lucky to have a fan/parent that is as supportive and passionate as you are Vol-ette.  Sorry if I was out of line or made you mad or gave you the wrong impression.  I actually do want to "love everybody" but sometimes I screw up.  Forgive me.

825730557[/snapback]

Forgiven. And thanks.

well junkie you will be happy to hear that maryville is adding the New England Patriots to there schedule... Maryville players and coaches have nothing to do with who they play, but for the opponents they do play, they destroy, maybe once in a blue moon they get beat but they cant help that all their opponents stink.  It's not like we lose to much...

825730521[/snapback]

I could me mistaken but Your out of region games are decided by the coaches. I'm not sure How many teams are in Maryvilles region but i know Alcoa isn't and there are usually 3 games each year that a non-rgion games. Teams ususally sign a two year contract to play each other. At least that's how they do it in middle TN.

Reid will never beat the Rebs as long as GQ is calling the shots!! He was totally out coached in every aspect of the game!! Maybe he should run Duck more than seven times!! I still don't think that would have worked based on what I saw!! Those kids showed me that they have no heart when they get down!! They better improve very quickly!! Congrats to the Rebs and all the fans!! You won't hear me talk bad about you all ever again!!!! They are well coached and they BELIEVE!!!! thumb

825730204[/snapback]

If you don't think Duck running the ball wouldn't have worked would you not try to look for other options. I think you just contradicted yourself buddy.

Hey, I admit it.  We did got out-played and out-coached last night.  The Maryville team looked great on the field and our boys didn't get the job done.  But look how many towers they have on that team.  And didn't one just move here from Farragut?  Last year they had an 8th grader that was 6'5".  Can you give us county people come recipes you use?  I'd like to see some 6'5" and 6'6" kids in Alcoa and Blount Co.

825730295[/snapback]

Hello! Rae Sykes mean anything to you lady. He is a freaking monster. Yeah Alcoa got quite a few new knoxvillians on their team in the past two years too. Brian Sommers lives in Karns and drives his poor little BMW to school everyday. There are quite a few new kids from West Valley on the team. Shiverdecker did come because of his mom's condition. They live with her sister near East Edison. I would rather go to Alcoa than Jeff Co. anyhow. And really how many county kids are on that team. Dang Coach Reid is almost still coaching William Blount if you think about it. Its not recruiting its good product placement. Kryus went to West Valley and then moved to Alcoa(he lives in the city). That year Alcoa gets to the semi-final game. The next year Brad Blizzard and Brian Sommers come from good ole knox-vegas and they win state. That triggers the thoughts of dancing gold balls in the heads of a select few boys that they really don't wanna play for Bearden, they're terrible. They think to themselves, I know I'll do like the other guys and go to Alcoa. We won two championship in four years and that trickled down. Success is like a really good commercial for teams and if the word on the streets about the program is stellar, then the minons will flock. Heck thats why my brothers go to Alcoa. They refuse to play at good ole guarenteed 5-5 every year William Blount. Alot of the county kids probably go there because they want to see more than 4 playoff games in their high school career. My memory gets the best of me in my two decades or so of life....How many Championships has Maryvile won in the last five years or so? Yeah they are like Coke. We call everything coke. Maryville is the elite ad company for East Tennesse football.

Edited by coachspet1449

When Maryville steps up and plays the Big Boys (Riverdale, Oak Ridge,etc) they might get some respect. Until then they will just be another mediocre team that is over rated. Step up and play somebodyand see where you stand Rebs and quit hiding behind a panzy schedule.

825730353[/snapback]

You like so many show your utter ignorance with this constant be littleing of one of the finest football programs in the state. You think Maryville could not match up with other programs like Oak Ridge, Riverdale, DB and other fine programs? From what do you draw this knowledgeable opinion from? The past ten years has been a great ride for the Maryville Rebels and this year win or lose it will still be a great program. When the time comes, and it will that Maryville moves to 5A the program will step up and be competive. Notice I did not say move up, because many of us real students of the sport are not convinced 5A is the best top to bottom or not much better than 4A. It is stupid to make the comparisons like this. Maryville scrimmages DB and Oak Ridge every year because traditionally those programs are among the best in the state, and Maryville is always competive with them. Now go sell that rotten fish somewhere else.

This thread is about how one of the finest football programs in the state demonstrated how overrated Alcoa was. Around this area the kids got tired or reading about how Alcoa was the best around this year and gonna "Kick their butts". They watched Alcoa during the jamboree how they talked trash and jumped around like a bunch of classless thugs and strutted around the field acting like they were so much better than every other team was that were there. They made comments about how Heritage and William Blount can soled their longstanding game "Just because they were afraid of them". Knowing they were not even close, Maryville stepped up with kids who were new to the positions and smacked Alcoa right in the teeth. Maryville played with intensity and class and showed the 9200 people who were there what a champion is supposed to act like. Maryville never bought into the hype or laid down for Alcoa and if other teams don't this won't be the last game Alcoa loses. Maybe they have learned something, we can only hope.

Three non-region opponents for Maryville :

1. Alcoa - Decent football team, obviously over rated in the pre-season.

2. Heritage - Will not contend this year.

3. WB - Good for the gate only

FBE - Your comments lack merit and vailidity. Look at the non-region opponents. Maryville needs to get some kahonna's and schedule some of the "real" top programs in the state like the Riverdales's and Oak Ridge's and quit bragging about how they beat teams that they are supposed to beat. Why do you think they scrimmage the good teams in the pre-season????? To keep that 'L' off their record. Admit it....... their non-region schedule is weak !!!!

Goatman OUT !

Does it matter when we beat every team that shows up to play us at Murfreesboro?

YOUR argument lacks merit.

We prove we're champions just about every year. It doesn't matter if every team we play in the regular season ends up 1-9. We still beat 4 of the very best on our way to the Murf, then beat the other team in the championship game.

Why are you so jealous? Nevermind, that answers itself....

FBE - Your comments lack merit and vailidity. Look at the non-region opponents. Maryville needs to get some kahonna's and schedule some of the "real" top programs in the state like the Riverdales's and Oak Ridge's and quit bragging about how they beat teams that they are supposed to beat. Why do you think they scrimmage the good teams in the pre-season????? To keep that 'L' off their record. Admit it....... their non-region schedule is weak !!!!

Goatman OUT !

825730893[/snapback]

Other than Riverdale and Oak Ridge, who do you think are the "real" top programs?......ugh..Maryville?.......It might be difficult to put them on the Rebel schedule.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Goatman OUT !

825730893[/snapback]

I should have reconized billygoat from last year, he dosen't belive the bull that comes out of his own mouth. For years he says the same things.