Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

Guest catfish-hunter
At halftime

171 rushing yards for Maryville on rushing

76 yards passing for the Rebels

28 total yards for Alcoa

825728759[/snapback]

28 total yards???? One player doesn't play for this juggernaut we've heard so much about all year long and they manage to put up that in a half. Players like Lindsay, Shiverdecker, Fiegler, Love, Sommers, and Lanxter put up that many yards???? Who were they playing the New England Patriots????

McCallie and Fulton will beat Alcoa thumb As far as winning it all in 2A, well they'd better get hungry again like they were last year or they'll lose before they ever get to the 'Boro.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things that stand out in the Alcoa, Maryville game:

1. Maryville dominated in the trenches, on offense and defense.

2. Maryville dominated in coaching and execution. The 1st Quarter “on-side” kickoff

was brilliant!

Maryville IS a MACHINE……………..

Best of Luck to both Alcoa & Maryville through out the regular season and play-off’s!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Well just got in from knox. My thoughts on the game, Maryville = wow. Good luck 4A, most disciplined team i have ever seen. clearly they were out size by alcoa, but that didnt matter. good game to both teams, but maryville dominated. im glad i picked them to win  :(

825729065[/snapback]

Out sized by Alcoa??? You must have not seen the monsters on the Maryville team. They have a few players over 6'5". Alcoa doesn't have players that big. Maryville also has enough players to keep a fresh one in during the whole game. Alcoa, on occasion, has to use the same players on defense and offense. Maryville was the better team last night and the won because of it. I don't know what happened to Alcoa. They have the size and they DO have a great coaching staff. It didn't even look like the same team that played in KY last week. If that Alcoa team would have showed up last night Maryville wouldn't have seen the end zone that much. I think there was too much focus on Brandon Warren this week and it hurt the team.

Congratulations to Maryville and good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

Out sized by Alcoa???  You must have not seen the monsters on the Maryville team.  They have a few players over 6'5".  Alcoa doesn't have players that big.  Maryville also has enough players to keep a fresh one in during the whole game.  Alcoa, on occasion, has to use the same players on defense and offense.  Maryville was the better team last night and the won because of it.  I don't know what happened to Alcoa.  They have the size and they DO have a great coaching staff.  It didn't even look like the same team that played in KY last week.  If that Alcoa team would have showed up last night Maryville wouldn't have seen the end zone that much.  I think there was too much focus on Brandon Warren this week and it hurt the team. 

Congratulations to Maryville and good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

825729112[/snapback]

maybe i should of specified, maryvilles o line was huge. The D didnt look as big though, but maybe since i was standing so far awya b/c i got there late had somethin to do with it, if im wrong then sorry. still a very good team either way.

Out sized by Alcoa???  You must have not seen the monsters on the Maryville team.  They have a few players over 6'5".  Alcoa doesn't have players that big.  Maryville also has enough players to keep a fresh one in during the whole game.  Alcoa, on occasion, has to use the same players on defense and offense.  Maryville was the better team last night and the won because of it.  I don't know what happened to Alcoa.  They have the size and they DO have a great coaching staff.  It didn't even look like the same team that played in KY last week.  If that Alcoa team would have showed up last night Maryville wouldn't have seen the end zone that much.  I think there was too much focus on Brandon Warren this week and it hurt the team. 

825729112[/snapback]

Well you have already labeled me "clueless" so what the heck. Maryville likely does not have a player on their roster 6'5". Aaron Douglas might be close. And their front line (estimating) might average 230 or so. And I don't know how much attention you paid during the game but Tucker, Josh Smith, Tallent, Maples, Shiver all played on both sides of the ball. As bad as it might hurt you to hear this Alcoa is obviously a little deeper than Maryville right now in terms of experienced players. If you do not believe me ask anyone close to your program. The difference between last night and hopkinsville? You weren't playing Hopkinsville last night. Your coach could have handled the Warren thing better and maybe eliminated the media circus. Oops! Last time I said anything about your coach you gave me a tounge lashing. Gotta go. Have a nice weekend. thumb

You know the only mouth I've seen on the site has been the Maryville fans.  Yea, you won the game, but just remember these are teenage kids playing their hearts out for a sport they love.  They did get beat.  But just remember most of us are adults on this site.  Be careful about what you say on here, the kids are checking the site too. Know one could possible know how bad they feel.  They kept their cool all week and just worked hard to get ready.  They got beat....end of statement.  They don't need punches at them to make them feel worse.  My son gave it 110% with not as much back up as I expected from the rest of the team.  I'm sure they feel horrible.  I've noticed that the biggest rivels between these two teams are students from the70's and early 80's......mhs must be from those years because he has way too big of a chip on his shoulder.  My observation.

825728952[/snapback]

the only mouth =maryville fans ??? geeez , have you been under a rock ?? in 30 years of keeping up with maryville , i have never heard as much cocky arrogant talk before a game in all of those years . not only on this board , but in talk , and the newspapers . usually maryville is given some respect by the opposing fans , all i heard this last week was D-1 TALENT , and domination was on the horizon . if you have a son on the team , i'm sure it's hard for you to be non - biased , but open your eyes and realize that yes , there was a lot of disrespect and arrogance coming from your side . we had a few trash talkers too , but not like alcoa did