Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

mhs - the way alcoa is treated we will be the ones getting bad calls at home..just look at the referees tonight and recognize who they are and which city their affiliated with.  anyway we beat hoptown and their five refs, we will beat maryville and their five refs

825727722[/snapback]

You know I continue to be amazed by the fact that Alcoa is coming off a big win and is getting ready to play their biggest rival and the main topic of conversation for many remains REFEREES. And now you are going to avoid the Christmas rush and start whinning about tonight's before the game even starts? Labeling someone as crooked in their profession because of where they are from is no better than doing it based on race, religion or any other reason. Like I said earlier God forbid if you guys do up and lose a game this year. I guess a lawsuit will be filed because everyone from your coach on down has come totally unglued over the refs last week.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhs - the way alcoa is treated we will be the ones getting bad calls at home..just look at the referees tonight and recognize who they are and which city their affiliated with.  anyway we beat hoptown and their five refs, we will beat maryville and their five refs

825727722[/snapback]

Geez , unreal !! what a pathetically loser mentality it must take to be blaming the refs before the game is even played . I just don't understand how it doesn't embarrass you to be making excuses before the game is even played . I know you can't represent the majority of the Alcoa fan base because that kind of attitude could not be widespread at a school with Alcoa's success . Quit embarrassing your school by making excuses when none needs to be made . I promise you , if Alcoa wins , i'll be one of the first ones on here to congratulate them ......... without any excuses .

You know I continue to be amazed by the fact that Alcoa is coming off a big win and is getting ready to play their biggest rival and the main topic of conversation for many remains REFEREES. And now you are going to avoid the Christmas rush and start whinning about tonight's before the game even starts? Labeling someone as crooked in their profession because of where they are from is no better than doing it based on race, religion or any other reason. Like I said earlier God forbid if you guys do up and lose a game this year. I guess a lawsuit will be filed because everyone from your coach on down has come totally unglued over the refs last week.

825727736[/snapback]

MHS -vs- AL1558 HALFTIME SIDE SHOW!!

calm down guys they KIKCK in less than 10.5 hours...

PreGame at Hooters before the game. starts at 3:30... thumb

825727736[/snapback]

mhs read your post you started about whinning about refs. you opened that door dummy

mhs read your post you started about whinning about refs. you opened that door dummy

825727750[/snapback]

did i miss something ?? did one of MHS'S posts get deleted or something ?? could you please cut and paste this post of mhs whining your talking about al1558 ?? i must have missed it . :)

825727722[/snapback]

This guy has 24 posts to his credit....he does not speak for the Alcoa faithful (I hope). Let's let the refs do their jobs and let the kids sort it out on the field. Come Monday there needs to be no excuses. Not the refs, not the fact that an all-star is not playing, not the field conditions, not the injury bug...nothing. I hope MHS at that time will have improved to 58-2 since the beginning of 2001, but if it's 57-3 I won't be on here making excuses for it and I'm certainly not setting up any now.

It's less than 12 hours til kickoff of the game we've all waited 12 months to see! I'm excited to say the least. I've heard the talk all week long, and I'm almost ready to form an opinion. But I need to know one thing first: are any of the MHS players going to miss this game due to injury?

I know that Cable, Lawhon, Valentine and Tate are all guys on the defensive side of the ball who have been in question at some point. I checked out Rebel Nation's site and it had some good info, but I need to know if these guys are going to be able to go and if so what percentage they are playing at. Anyone with the inside track on that info, please let us all know.

This guy has 24 posts to his credit....he does not speak for the Alcoa faithful (I hope). Let's let the refs do their jobs and let the kids sort it out on the field. Come Monday there needs to be no excuses. Not the refs, not the fact that an all-star is not playing, not the field conditions, not the injury bug...nothing. I hope MHS at that time will have improved to 58-2 since the beginning of 2001, but if it's 57-3 I won't be on here making excuses for it and I'm certainly not setting up any now.

825727785[/snapback]

Could not agree more. These posts are the result of a HUGE rivalry and that translates into PASSION. Emotions run high. But now it is just time to GET IT ON. 14 Gold Balls Between Them! How many Knoxville teams would you have to put together to come up with that number! There are rivalries anywhere you go but how many of them have two teams that can boast of this kind of success. Both communities have much to be proud of.

It's less than 12 hours til kickoff of the game we've all waited 12 months to see! I'm excited to say the least. I've heard the talk all week long, and I'm almost ready to form an opinion. But I need to know one thing first: are any of the MHS players going to miss this game due to injury?

I know that Cable, Lawhon, Valentine and Tate are all guys on the defensive side of the ball who have been in question at some point. I checked out Rebel Nation's site and it had some good info, but I need to know if these guys are going to be able to go and if so what percentage they are playing at. Anyone with the inside track on that info, please let us all know.

825727803[/snapback]

Valentine is the only of the four you just mentioned that will not dress. The other three practiced all week. Lawhon wasn't able to go full speed until this week so he is somehwat out of shape. Maryville is much healthier than two weeks ago.

825727803[/snapback]

From what I have been told, only Valentine will not be able to play due to an injury that may sideline the senior MLB for a few more games. All of the named players are near 100% and will play. Maryville is ready I am told by a Defensive starters, they are not thinking they are underdogs and are not overwhelmed by this media hype, because that is all that it is.

No question Alcoa has some fine players in many respects, but If Maryville plays like a team and gets a turnover or two without turning the ball over themselves who knows? Alcoa won last week right? Then why all the crying over the ref's?

HopTown may have not been that good but they still managed to get 6 points and 200 yards of offence on that D1 D. Maryville is no HopTown, they'll get some yards and it will be more than 200 you can count on that. Maryville's backfield is just as talented and capable as Alcoa's is IMO. Alcoa should have an advantage in the passing game, but without BW there is one less threat to worry about. Alcoa did show balance vs. Hop Town last week a plus, note the Scoring Summary from last weeks game:

A: Guzzo Reed 25-yd field goal

A: James Stultz 16-yd run (kick no good)

A: Joei Fiegler 15-yd pass to Brandon Warren (Reed kick)

A: Fiegler 22-yd pass to Warren (Reed kick)

A: Dustin Lindsey 13-yd run (Reed kick)

H: Brandon Robinette 1-yd run (2 pt. Conv. Failed)

A: Chris Shiverdecker 35-yd run (Reed kick)

Note BW was a big part of the game.

I think Field position, turnovers, coaching adjustments and conditioning are the keys in this game. Blaming the ref's before kick off is immature and stupid. Refs do make some mistakes, but mostly they want to get it right.

Could not agree more. These posts are the result of a HUGE rivalry and that translates into PASSION. Emotions run high. But now it is just time to GET IT ON. 14 Gold Balls Between Them! How many Knoxville teams would you have to put together to come up with that number! There are rivalries anywhere you go but how many of them have two teams that can boast of this kind of success. Both communities have much to be proud of.

825727937[/snapback]

Absolutely correct, the kids are going to put on a show. We are blessed to have quality football in the community. Let the best of the night win.

From what I have been told, only Valentine will not be able to play due to an injury that may sideline the senior MLB for a few more games.  All of the named players are near 100% and will play.  Maryville is ready I am told by a Defensive starters, they are not thinking they are underdogs and are not overwhelmed by this media hype, because that is all that it is.

No question Alcoa has some fine players in many respects, but If Maryville plays like a team and gets a turnover or two without turning the ball over themselves who knows?  Alcoa won last week right?  Then why all the crying over the ref's?

HopTown may have not been that good but they still managed to get 6 points and 200 yards of offence on that D1 D.  Maryville is no HopTown, they'll get some yards and it will be more than 200 you can count on that.  Maryville's backfield is just as talented and capable as Alcoa's is IMO.  Alcoa should have an advantage in the passing game, but without BW there is one less threat to worry about.  Alcoa did show balance vs. Hop Town last week a plus, note the Scoring Summary from last weeks game:

A: Guzzo Reed 25-yd field goal

A: James Stultz 16-yd run (kick no good)

A: Joei Fiegler 15-yd pass to Brandon Warren (Reed kick)

A: Fiegler 22-yd pass to Warren (Reed kick)

A: Dustin Lindsey 13-yd run (Reed kick)

H: Brandon Robinette 1-yd run (2 pt. Conv. Failed)

A: Chris Shiverdecker 35-yd run (Reed kick)

Note BW was a big part of the game.

I think Field position, turnovers, coaching adjustments and conditioning are the keys in this game.  Blaming the ref's before kick off is immature and stupid.  Refs do make some mistakes, but mostly they want to get it right.

825727941[/snapback]

hoptown scored on 2nd team defense and probably a majority of yards.shiverdecker had 3 td's called back because of penalties. all runs of at least 50 yards