Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

I agree with you bobcat. Maryville will have at least one loss this year. Maybe to Alcoa or maybe not...but at least 1. It might not be till the playoffs. Do not think they will win state...might make it but will not win it. I wish they would and hope they can...but just do not see it coming true. Good luck tho.

Why isnt MAryville playing Mo-town>?????

Edited by TnFootballfan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you bobcat. Maryville will have at least one loss this year. Maybe to Alcoa or maybe not...but at least 1. It might not be till the playoffs. Do not think they will win state...might make it but will not win it. I wish they would and hope they can...but just do not see it coming true. Good luck tho.

Why isnt MAryville playing Mo-town>?????

825726506[/snapback]

Our region has an extra team in it now and we do not have room for them on the schedule.

I've just been told my a reliable source that Warren will sit for the game. It hurts me to hear this, but it's the truth! But there's a different game plan now, and it just may surprise a few folks. I know I was shocked when I was told what adjustments were made!! I'm still confident that Alcoa can win this game, but they will have to come out and make no mistakes!! thumb

825726160[/snapback]

You keep talking about these "wrinkles" and "adjustments". If Alcoa is that loaded why do they have to revamp everything because they lost one player? What about this ungodly depth we have been hearing about? I hope they do make changes because at times Reid tends to "over coach" IMO. I left the championship game last year almost feeling like they won despite the coaching they had that game. I can assure you the Maryville staff has anticipated everything under the sun. Remember we were preparing for Alcoa last week while you guys were in KY crying about the referees.

Edited by mhs

As a Maryville fan , i just want to give thanks that we have GEORGE QUARLES as our coach .

Quote from Alcoa coach Reid in the daily times " It doesn't matter because they still couldn't beat us " Reid said . " They couldn't have beaten us if they'd brought somebody down out of the stands ."

What a fine classy example for the kids . Don't you Alcoa fans feel all warm and fuzzy knowing he's your coach ?? :lol:

As a Maryville fan , i just want to give thanks that we have GEORGE QUARLES as our coach .

Quote from Alcoa coach Reid in the daily times  " It doesn't matter because they still couldn't beat us " Reid said . " They couldn't have beaten us if they'd brought somebody down out of the stands ."

What a fine classy example for the kids . Don't you Alcoa fans feel all warm and fuzzy knowing he's your coach ?? :lol:

825726551[/snapback]

Does this surprise anyone? Reid has proven himself to be a classless individual for years. This is par for the course.

Whether it's true or not, a high school coach should not say things like that to the newspaper. It's no surprise to me that he's got kids being ejected from games with an attitude like that. Some people just aren't as smart as others I guess. Hopefully not too many people read that far into the article -- that is pretty embarassing.

Whether it's true or not, a high school coach should not say things like that to the newspaper.  It's no surprise to me that he's got kids being ejected from games with an attitude like that.  Some people just aren't as smart as others I guess.  Hopefully not too many people read that far into the article -- that is pretty embarassing.

825726612[/snapback]

i agree with you totally p9 , some of the parents or alumni should let him know they don't want to be represented by a coach making classless statements like this . it's one thing for a fan to say something like that , totally different when the head coach says it . With the proper direction and guidance from the adults around him , this could be used in an extremely POSITIVE manner for Brandon , and he could come out of this an even better football player and a better person too .

Well its the day before the big game and its time for me to make my pick. I`ve been putting it off for as long as possible in order to collect info on both teams.

This year for the 1st time in awhile Maryville seems to be the underdog. Almost of all of the key questions are about Maryville. Can the Rebels score enough to keep up with the high flying Tornadoes? Will the Maryville defense be able to slow down Alcoa enough to give their offense a chance? Does Maryville have enough exprienced players to beat a team loaded with returning starters? The only real question everyone has about Alcoa is how the loss of Warren will affect the game. The Maryville front 7 is nasty, proven by scrimmages with 5A powers O.R and DB. The Maryville LB's are the state's best IMO, and with huge attack D-Line one is almost always free. The Maryville secondary have had their share of problems, but but again the question about Maryvile has been the offense.

The Alcoa offense has no such question boasting the best backfield in the state, as well someone who most consider the best signal caller in the state at QB, normally they would also have probably the best player in the state at TE. On defense the name of the game is speed, when together Warren and Sykes lead a D-Line unit 2nd to no one, LB's are fast and rangy, and no pass is safe against a speedy secondary.

Despite what anyone says, the loss of Brandon Warren is big. You simply can`t replace a 6-2 240lbs TE that can outrun any LB you put on him, and out jump or outmuscle anyone in the secondary. You also can`t replace a guy who is that hard to block at the DE position, someone who can either bull over or run by the tackle trying to block him. I think as much as coach Reid has tried for it not to happen, Warren's situation has been a distraction this week. The media has been buzzing around Alcoa this week and while by this point the players are use to the media, I`m not sure they`re use to answering to question that have nothing to do with football from every reporter they talk to.

Now for the actual pick

Even with all the firepower for both teams, with the way both teams play defense I highly doubt either team will score above 28 (if that much)

Final score

Alco-21

Maryville-20