Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

hoptown scored on 2nd team defense and probably a majority of yards.shiverdecker had 3 td's called back because of penalties.  all runs of at least 50 yards

825727960[/snapback]

Ever think Alcoa could have clipped or held during the runs? Novel concept I know but did HopTown have any flag's thrown on them. Clipping and holding is where a player is trying to get his block, not a bad thing persay. 2nd Team D, in the third qtr? Reid would never pull his starters that early only being up 23 at the half. He likes to bury teams, and from the paper I would think he was upset at Hoptown!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever think Alcoa could have clipped or held during the runs? Novel concept I know but did HopTown have any flag's thrown on them.  Clipping and holding is where a player is trying to get his block, not a bad thing persay.  2nd Team D, in the third qtr?  Reid would never pull his starters that early only being up 23 at the half.  He likes to bury teams, and from the paper I would think he was upset at Hoptown!

825727986[/snapback]

I disagree FBE Reid plays not to lose. That's what scares me tonight is the coaching difference. The Better Players and debth have to go to ALCOA. But as far as coaching goes there is no doubt MHS has it.

I just hope REID doesn't lose it for them...

I don't get why the Alcoa faithful keep telling us that Shiverdecker got three called back. I've never understood a football fan using that in his team's defense. Penalties are called to keep teams or players from gaining an unfair advantage. Those plays were called back for that reason. Had the unfair advantage not been gained illegally then there would have been 21 more points on the board and the guy's stats would have been amazing. But as it is, we must assume that he would not have gained those yards unless an unfair advantage had been illegally gained by his team. I'm not trying to start a fight here. That's not my style. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me.

I played for Rockwood last yr as a senior and Alcoa was tough... i kno nothing about Maryville...but i do kno there will be a great game at Goddard field tonight and i will be there watching... Idk if Alcoa can win but that is why i will be there tonight...but the last I heard.... the rebel flag will waive no more after tonight.... Getter done Alcoa

I don't get why the Alcoa faithful keep telling us that Shiverdecker got three called back. I've never understood a football fan using that in his team's defense. Penalties are called to keep teams or players from gaining an unfair advantage. Those plays were called back for that reason. Had the unfair advantage not been gained illegally then there would have been 21 more points on the board and the guy's stats would have been amazing. But as it is, we must assume that he would not have gained those yards unless an unfair advantage had been illegally gained by his team. I'm not trying to start a fight here. That's not my style. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to me.

825728010[/snapback]

All I have to say is ,if Alcoa wins ,it will be because of a U.F.O.

That's right an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT by the name of Chris Shiverdecker.

I can just hear the radio announcers saying , "there goes that UFO again". Maryville's defense will have to identify him first and then comes the hard part....they will have to catch him :ph34r: Shiverdecker is by far the best back in Tennessee and tonight many will see why Jeff county hated losing him.

Maryville should prevail becasue of their depth and coaching staff...but watch for the UFO

I propose a new nickname for Shivers...."the U.F.O"

What an outstanding game this should be! Two very talented teams facing each other in what is arguably the best high school rivalry in Tennessee. Both teams are coming off a state championship. Both teams will be missing a key player (Alcoa's Warren and Maryville's Valentine). Both teams will have some spectacular plays on offense and on defense. Both teams will score, I believe. Also, both teams will make some mistakes as well as probably commit a turnover or two (not all mistakes are turnovers...in fact, most mistakes are NOT turnovers.) Both teams will have some questionable calls go against them. Who will win? I don't know. Who do I want to win? Obviously, Maryville, since I work there. No matter who you are pulling for, this should be a great high school game.

I can just hear the radio announcers saying , "there goes that UFO again". Maryville's defense will have to identify him first and then comes the hard part....they will have to catch him :ph34r: Shiverdecker is by far the best back in Tennessee and tonight many will see why Jeff county hated losing him.

Maryville should prevail becasue of their depth and coaching staff...but watch for the UFO

825728027[/snapback]

the " U.F.O. best have some strong shields is all i can say , because CAPTAIN KIRK , also known as COACH QUARLES , is going to be firing all of his proton torpedos , plus a few well placed " phaser " shots .

CAPTAINS LOG : STARDATE ; AUG 26: 2005 : it aint gonna be pretty , hostilities have escalated ... let the war begin !!!!

825728027[/snapback]

Shiverdecker may be one of the best in TN, but he has never played East Tennessee 4A, and never vs. "The" best coached, conditioned, studied and prepaired team in 4A the past six years. No question GQ and staff can do nothing on the field but all's I got to say is watch out for that hook and ladder!