Oak Ridge vs Clinton

Cats meow

I thought 74-0 was low class and if coach had a big enough ... then he'd have played some subs Ooltewah took a knee last 3 plays from opponents 3  Show some class before you come to the nest.

825729047[/snapback]

Delron, what do you think now that you have read a little more about what happened? Not wanting to start anything, just curious.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delron, what do you think now that you have read a little more about what happened? Not wanting to start anything, just curious.

825730290[/snapback]

AMEN ORnole!!!!!!

I am tired of people commenting on games they did not even see. (I.E. Denlron) It appears he was at the Ooltewah/Rhea Co game. Wait, maybe he had payperview and watched the Oak Ridge game that way. My bad. thumb

Quote of the day Friday night after getting beat 74-0 " hang in their guys I promise you this we are a better team than last year" BS--BS---BS than queener says clinton will go 4-6 make the playoffs what the he** is he thinking. I know hes running for Sheriff but sh** . Hes not going to get many votes saying stuff like that.

Most teams couldn't score 74 points against air. It's hard for me to believe that OR couldn't have held back a little. But its also true about it being unfair to the younger guys to try and hold them back. I guess the bottom line is 'if you can't run with the big dogs....

Most teams couldn't score 74 points against air.  It's hard for me to believe that OR couldn't have held back a little.  But its also true about it being unfair to the younger guys to try and hold them back.  I guess the bottom line is 'if you can't run with the big dogs....

825731748[/snapback]

Again, OR scored 1 TD in the last 18 minutes. I believe they held back a lot.

I wasn't able to make the game due to my duties at another football game (over in Coalfield to be specific), but I would have loved to have seen the single wing formation in the drive to start the second half. Tank Johnson had a very good article in tonight's Oak Ridger pointing out not only what was happening on the field, but also in the stands during the drive. Kudos to Stanton Stevens, Jeff Minor and the coaching staff for their tribute to the Wildcats of the past and a tip of the cap to Tank for a great article.

Edited by firstbasetn

A head coach in high school should consider ALL student/athletes participating in the game.

He should consider what the Clinton players were going through and called plays /subbed accordingly!

What comes around goes around!

825733283[/snapback]

The coaches first responsibility is to his OWN team, school, and fans. The studs DID NOT play much and the plays were downright boring in the 2nd half. If Oak Ridge didn't use the Clinton and Bradley games to get ready for DB, the coach would not be doing his job. I truly hope Oak Ridge does not harm themselves by not conditioning or practicing their entire offense against weaker teams. There is a much bigger picture here than just a blowout against Clinton. And if it comes back around -so be it. It's a risk all good programs have to take.