Oak Ridge vs Clinton

Cats meow

Nobody ever said that Clinton was as good as Oak Ridge on the football field.  That's not the point and you know it.  Clinton may not beat OR in 10 years, but justice by someone will be sweet to see and it will come, just like last year.  You just proved my point about being classless with your distasteful post...not take the kids feelings into consideration?  Are you a parent????..what would have happened if Gulmire would have gotten hurt in your coaches way to prove himself..yes, you do have to think about the kids.....

825733652[/snapback]

I'm a parent and my sons would be embarrassed (humiliated, mortified, shamed) if my mommy or daddy was mad that the other team did not lay down. You might just be giving other kids ammunition to pick on yours (if your son is a player). Young men want to fight their own battles. Think about it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't talking about injuries we are talking about playing the game. Do you think Coach Stevens would jump and down when a Clinton player got hurt. Of course not. That would be classesless and I would call for his job. But scoring points in a game is the goal. We want to score more than you. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. You don't get it. Put yourself in the Oak Ridge players shoes and not just the Clinton kids shoes. You can't tell a kid not to play hard. Ask any of them. They want to score as many points as they can. I am sure you are a mother and I respect that but the game is played hard and only one team walks away happy.

825733658[/snapback]

Nobody wants to see any kid get hurt, regardless of what team they are on or who they coach. Those kids should have played hard, I expect mine to play hard, but I still think that the Oak Ridge coach was trying to prove a point. They didn't want him to begin with (I think he was like 3rd choice) and he wanted to prove to the Oak Ridge fans that he was for real, at any expense.

I personally think it is classless to come on a freakin' message board and call someone classless, that you don't know.

The evidence is there, there was no running up of the score, although there could have been. Any coach would have played the first game of the season the same way.

To be upset over your team losing is normal, I can accept that. But to constantly whine and whine and whine (Did I mention whine?) and to call people you don't know classless is rather boring now and isn't accomplishing much.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Get stronger ... or don't.

I'm a parent and my sons would be embarrassed (humiliated, mortified, shamed) if my mommy or daddy was mad that the other team did not lay down. You might just be giving other kids ammunition to pick on yours (if your son is a player). Young men want to fight their own battles. Think about it.

825733674[/snapback]

I wasn't saying that the other team should lay down....and my kid can take care of himself if anyone picks on him, player or no player. I respect my kids and they respect me. I hope that these Clinton kids will use the game as a way to get fired up and play some football.

I wasn't saying that the other team should lay down....and my kid can take care of himself if anyone picks on him, player or no player.  I respect my kids and they respect me.  I hope that these Clinton kids will use the game as a way to get fired up and play some football.

825733688[/snapback]

Finally, a comment I can respect. Thank you.

I personally think it is classless to come on a freakin' message board and call someone classless, that you don't know.

The evidence is there, there was no running up of the score, although there could have been. Any coach would have played the first game of the season the same way.

To be upset over your team losing is normal, I can accept that. But to constantly whine and whine and whine (Did I mention whine?) and to call people you don't know classless is rather boring now and isn't accomplishing much.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Get stronger ... or don't.

825733680[/snapback]

freakin'?.... niiiccccce......Obviously you can't be objective because of the OR connection...I understand, you have to keep your job in OR, but try to be objective to both sides, if you can.

Good Luck in basketball season. I hope your football season goes well too.

Lets all calm down and play some football. Good Luck to your son.

DB is our rival and we don't look down on anybody like you said in another thread. I will pray for you.

Edited by Cats meow

I am much more objective than you are, since you obviously have a child playing for Clinton. I wish him the best, by the way.

I do my job, without worrying about keeping it. I write what I feel and I always will. If I felt that coach Stevens had run the score up by running his offense with third stringers with nine minutes in the game, I would have penned it.

If I didn't know that coach Shattuck called coach Stevens Saturday night and said, after watching the film, he did NOT feel the score was ran up on his team, I would be more concerned about hard feelings among coaching staffs.

I really care about reporting facts, when it comes to game stories. Those who can't handle the facts, have other options. Like ... making up their own facts to satisfy their obvious pain in a bad loss.

Best of luck to the Dragons the rest of the season. Shattuck has quickly become one of my favorite people in the coaching profession because he has class.

What a bunch of crap. Get over the loss and move on. These two teams have been playing since the forties. This isn't the first blow out. Clinton is down now but they will be back. Oak Ridge is still on a rampage from last year and high scoring games are not over. A few more teams will probably be embarrassed before the year is over.

Somebody close this turkey!!!

Are you kidding Bounder ? This makes for great reading. I don't want to catch the wrath of the Clinton faithful so I won't touch this one with a ten foot pole..Well, maybe just a little. I don't think Coach Stevens ran up the score just by the way the game was played. All of the above reasons are correct. I do remember a 51-0 blowout that Oak Ridge took at the hands of Jeff County. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Not because of Coach Kisabeth running up the score but on how far down our program had fallen to suffer a loss like that.

Clinton is on the upswing but they just happened to catch OR on a bad day. I'm sure things will get better for them.The Clinton game was last week and its time to move on but reading about it is still fun.

I still for the life of me cannot understand why all of these people that post have to get pesonal in their message. It's a football game and not life and death. Move on to something that is more important and interesting. Turn on the TV and watch the thousands of people trying to put their life back together on the coast. Oak Ridge won the game and Clinton lost. Nothing more and nothing less. I guess that our kinder and gentler nation is back on track to the ugly people we were before 9/11. On second thought, the kinder, gentler stuff never was there. No wonder the rest of the world hates the US. Now I am rambling and I have gone where I should not have. Oh well, so be it.