White County @ Cookeville

shawnr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just in reference to whoever said that Cookeville has no state championships of any kind and in any sport.

Well I hate to be the one that brings you the bad news but..

1999 Girls Golf State Champions

then..Cookeville also had a football team in the 1960s that went undefeated and declared mythical state champions but we wont count that one.

As for this Fridays football game. White Co. is probably twice the size of Cookeville if you look at player to player ratio. I think Cookeville is smaller size wise to every team they play except Warren County. The 2002 team was the last to actually be bigger than most of the teams that they played. But nevertheless Cookeville goes out and shows that just a little bit of speed and knowledge of the game along with good coaching and alot of determination can be a great recipe for success.

Cavs-35 White Co.-14

What the player you are talking about did was definitely wrong. He was punished for it. As you said, he did not pitch against you guys and he also missed other games. Our students are expected to behave and when they don't by doing bad things or the student section using bad language, they are punished.

I think its really funny that white county people get on here and talk about us for being "classless", but you guys have no clue.  Did any of you guys hear what your best basketball and baseball player did to our baseball field last year?  You probably think the kid that goes by initials is a very good kid, but you probably dont know about him spelling out "f*** u" in the outfield of the Cookeville baseball field.  Did any of you wonder why he didnt pitch in the game at Sparta? it was because he was suspended! yes, ypou guys are definitely not angels, so before you talk about us, you better check out yourself first.    "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

825725909[/snapback]

yau'll probably deserved it. :lol: go j.j.

cookeville definetly has the rudest, classless fans in the upper cumberland, possibly the state when their fans chant curse words in front of elderly people and little kids just classless. :lol:

825726482[/snapback]

If they did that, why weren't they ejected from the field/stadium/stands? When you talk about classless, what does it say about a school when a bunch of students who are athletes, go over to the other team's band section and start a fight with a group of freshmen and soph. band members? Real class there! thumb How about a bunch of fans who tried to destroy the bathrooms at a basketball game at the old Coookeville high school? What about students who went around slashing tires at a football game in '88 or '89, because Cookeville was stomping their guts out on the football field? Same game, different time, our tailback, my cousin, was beating your defense like they stole something, so what does White Co. do? They decide to go our the next time he was on the field and try to cripple him by going after his knees! The best of all, 2 grown men take a 16 year old boy into one of the racketball courts at Tech, during a football game, and beat him senseless! Yes, these fans have one thing in common. They were all from Sparta.

I've witnessed more Cookeville/White Co. athletic events than you've ever heard of. I've also seen what a mob of convicts that White Co. fans can be. You people have no idea what class is when it comes to athletic events, so you need to stay out of that conversation. You'll lose everytime, because I have a long list of things just like this that White Co. fans have pulled in the past. The only time your football team has ever presented themselves with anything that resembled class is when Bu Lamb was the coach, because hee wouldn't put up with it. Why? Because he's from Cookeville and was taught some manners.

Edited by stlrcoach

Hey, I'm just going to throw it out there. Cookeville DOES have extremely rude and obnoxious fans......when we play white county, and I am proud to be one of them. We chant great chants like "S-S-S-P-A, R-R-R-T-A, S-P-A--R-T-A, sparta stinks!!". But there is one thing you have to remember...."IT'S A RIVALRY PEOPLE!!!!" I take it you have NEVER been to or seen an Oakland Raiders game when they play the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's called RIVALRY, and Cookeville fans (most of them at least) HATE the warriors. BUT, like tyler22 and stlrcoach said, you aren't the perfect little angels you try to make yourselves look like. Remember the dead cow head you left for us at our 50 yard line back in '01? That was pretty sick. Also, I can't tell you how many times I have been spit on by White county fans and by Cumberland County fans (Jets are kind of off-topic, but still) as I am walking onto the field for warm-ups. It's stupid and it's classless, and I will NEVER respect the Warriors or their fans. Other Cookeville fans may disagree with me for saying that, but hey, it's true.

So now I come to this: You definately have every reason to believe that we have the rudest fans in the UC, BUT you guys are right there with us. You haven't seen us play anywhere else but cookeville or white county, so you can't really base how the fans act at every game by just this one rivalry game. Last week at Ooltewah was probably the best group of fans I have seen, on BOTH sides of the field, and I have seen quite a few games. Cookeville ALWAYS shows class in the stands, at all the games.

Don't get me totally wrong, though, about me saying that I am one of the proud Cookeville fans. I would never do anything to damage property or to hurt somebody, even if I don't like the Warriors. Chanting, screaming, and rooting for the team is about as far as I go.

This is getting rediculous. no need for low blows and crap about class and other sports. lets talk about match ups and things like that not, who is more classy.

Cookeville stomps a mudhole in sparta. - i quit doing predictions after i went crazy last year trying to get them right after the 2 straight.

825726745[/snapback]

But they started it!!! :D Just kidding. I got a little too worked up myself, and Fuggs is about to blow a gasket! Like I said last week, we may have to have him sedated! :D