South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co.

country30

You know that's the same thing Temple thought... right up till the game started.

825736911[/snapback]

Where are you tonight SCHSTribe....you should have listened to us this week. The SP defense completely dominated the so called hi-powered offense of the Indians. Wow, 0 points, keep up the good work. Everthing Pirate...Mike told you was evident tonight. Everyone else in the area will meet the same fate your guys met tonight. By the way, your QB #1 and RB #26, really showed their true colors late in the game tonight. Bad sportsmanship....they are both great players but attitude needs some work.....games don't always come easy!! Good luck the rest of the season.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you tonight SCHSTribe....you should have listened to us this week. The SP defense completely dominated the so called hi-powered offense of the Indians. Wow, 0 points, keep up the good work. Everthing Pirate...Mike told you was evident tonight. Everyone else in the area will meet the same fate your guys met tonight. By the way, your QB #1 and RB #26, really showed their true colors late in the game tonight. Bad sportsmanship....they are both great players but attitude needs some work.....games don't always come easy!! Good luck the rest of the season.

825737596[/snapback]

They didn't do the right thing but your players could have avoided the taunting too. Both teams were at fault there.

Well, first of all, from what I have seen you fire around the outsides leaving the tackle positions wide open.  You play one deep safety, well, with speedy receivers there are many areas of the field directly over the linebackers that are perfect sit down spots for hooks.  Unless you double team #6, he will catch 90% of the balls thrown to him.  The other 10% is on errant throws.  When you decide to double team him, you leave the middle open, as I said before.  If you drop the linebackers, then any decent running team will eat you alive 4 and 5 yards at a time.  Slowly you will wear down and then begin making mistakes.  Our quickness will take advantage of those mistakes.  Of course, this is what can happen, but as I said before, we aren't the players, well, you may be.

825736340[/snapback]

Well, I am not going to trash talk on here, but I would have to say I pretty close to being right about everything I said. The ONLY THING I was incorrect on was the passing/catching %. The one thing I am proud of that I said was that our defense will do fine. I said if you make it through the line (if), then "Wild Man Malone" will unleash all 165 pounds on you, and he did. He probably had (not sure) 10+ tackles himself.

Two more things.... I have to add to piratetom's remark on the sportsmanship of a couple of sequatchie players. It was poor. The one penalty we got for pushing and shoving after the play was in retaliation. But anyways...................last thing.............The SC defense has been awesome in holding it's opponents to 14 points in 2 games. Well, SP hasn't done quite that good, allowing 16 points in 2 games. The only difference is, we left the field knowing we just shut out a team picked to beat us by 14 by over 60% of the pickers on here with our fullback. A sophomore who ran for just over 100 yards. We just don't have a number 1 tailback, we have at least 3 of them. :rolleyes:

They didn't do the right thing but your players could have avoided the taunting too. Both teams were at fault there.

825737609[/snapback]

Good point Indian. And I think the coaches on both sides did a great job at the end of the game controlling a touchy situation.

Coach Grider and his staff did a tremendous job this week The Pirates looked like a completly different team from 0 Week to this week. They had about 6 player at the line of scrimmage most of the night. I was afraid like that that Whited would break a long run but the middle of the line held. That left the outside open to try to stop Bureau from getting to the corner. Also, with 2 tailbacks out and the head coach running a fever of over 100 degrees I thought everything went good for the Pirates. Hopefully Arland and Montrell will be well soon and Coach Grider will be back in good health before this weekend is up.

Overall, that was one of the best defensive games I have seen in a long time. The offenses didn't do much but they didn't play sloppy either. It was mostly just hard nosed defensive football. Good job by the Pirates and Sequatchie needs to hold their heads up, they have one heck of a team. :P

I agree what a game. Tonight was a defensive classic. both defenses played extremely well. I kept looking out there and S.P. had freshman and sophomores all over the field. I was impressed how well they seem to keep composure. Sequatchie has nothing to be ashamed of, South Pitt was just the better team tonight. Great game though. I kept saying Sequatchie would not blow South Pitt out. A lot of people said it would be won by 3 or 4 touchdowns. I figured South Pitt would come up with a good plan. Apparently the did.

yeah, good luck to all, it has been a great week for both teams and will continue to be. SC has a great chance to race in the playoffs far.

SP just be ready next week for LV

After seeing the news on the LV vs TT all I seem to think about was a great Basketball game from the players names being called out. haha. Anyways good luck to all, see ya next week.

Someone from South Pitt complaining about sportsmanship????????? THE only person that has ever showed good sportsmanship to me when we played South Pitt was Ron Cook, Last year one of your players was kicked outta the game against us for kicking one of our players in the head... Year before I said to Cody Walker" Hey hows it going"... Needless to say if I were to type his response I would be banned from this website.

No one in the stands knows whats being said by players to other players. Granted I didnt see what Chase or Curt did, but no one from South Pitt has a right tell anyone they are showing poor sportsmanship.

825737596[/snapback]

Congratulations on a game well played to the players of SP...

That said what part of 7 to 0 would you call dominating. Both teams played a great D game I saw a lot of missed catches oh wait it was "90% caught and 10% poor passing" looked more like 90% what the heck and 10% oh my. Our D gave up one big play that was a 40 yard TD pass, to the Pirets credit they didn't, that is the difference in the game. If you want to brag go ahead but we still have a 76 for and 21 against, and 2 and 1 record. I think both teams came ready and played a great again congratulations the the guys on the field on both sides.

Edited by SCHSTribe