OS at Coalfield

Informer5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grade are the justice twins?? did they play last year??? cause like i said wartburg beat OS last year and coalfield has stomped wartburg two straight years. I have completely changed my predicition. I know this game will be a really tough game for both squads but coalfield has impressed me with second half play. Coalfield-14 OS-0 at half. Coalfield-35 OZ-14 final coalfield has too much speed and power in there line and have alotta underrated players on their team.... OZ's defense has givin up 60 points in 2 games. is that really tough defense? coalfield has givin up 25 in 3 games. now thats defense. CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY WOOWEEE

Edited by philip2003

Well CYJacket I will go ahead and predict since you wont, loser buys breakfast Sat. morning at Papa Joes 7:30 am OS 18 Coalfield 14...GO BOBCATS

And Kayla Brown Christopher will be a great player for OS...

825742141[/snapback]

Told you where to find my prediction, must just be too cheap to drop 50 cents. BTW, if that is the score I win as it is within the spread that is published in Kingb's home library reader.

I think Coalfield is the better team....But Oliver Springs is playing like a team on a mission right now...I give the edge to Oliver Springs in a game that could go either way.....Should be one heck of a show though....Cant wait to see how it turns out. As far as all the records go, that looks great on paper, but last time i checked friday night they were playing on grass not paper.

"If memory serves me correctly, you (OS91) referred to Kayla Christopher as Kayla Brown, and last time I checked she has never been the assistant coach at Oliver Springs. A talented freshman on the high school team, but not yet old enough to help with Wright and his class program. Just to let you know, Kayla's mom is an assistant on the high school team and she might have been a Brown. As for the remark about OS dominating the Morgan County teams in football, there is nothing I can say to dispute that because that is the way it has been over the years."

This is getting amusing. You are really searching now.  I suggest you head  to Partner's Pizza and order lunch and a contemplate a new approach to getting one up on me ( which will never happen).

Again, what are my factual inaccuracies Mr. Sportswriter ( LOL)?  Are you denying that Oliver SPrings has only lost to Wartburg and Coalfield 7 to 8 times all together and NEVER lost to Sunbright and Oakdale  As Bad as the Coalfiled all time series is of 20-3 or so, Wartburgs is close to 50 wins for OSHS to only 5 losses.

OUCH.......  This is why you are boethered, right?

825740588[/snapback]

No response? Just can't stand it when you are made to look like a DA.

For the last 15 years the only time O.S. wants to play Coalfield is when they think they can win.  When they think we have a strong team, the schedule never seems to work out.  Coalfield had many great teams that never go to play OS because they were to good. It is easy to keep an uneven record when you only play when your the dominate team.

825740784[/snapback]

Coalfield 52,

I checked with the Athletic Director about scheduling for the OS/Coalfield games, he told me that this game generates one of the biggest gates for each team (hence, both schools make a good amount of money off this game), he stated that when it was time to re-schedule this game with Coalfield, it was Coalfields decission not to play the game.

If you don't believe this, I suggest you find out yourself, by asking your coach and the admin person who helps fill out your football schedule. It should be a good game, I suggest we let the boys play it out on the field and may the best team win. And pray that the fans from both schools behave in the proper manner, win or loss!

Edited by catback

I look for OS to be getting even more kids from the clinton area in the next 2 or 3 years. I believe theres a clinton coach at OS this year that alot of kids want to play for when they get older. I see OS playing in the 2A state champ game in the next 3 or 4 years. Good Luck bobcats but coalfield got your # this year. OS-13 coalfield-14

You say OS recruits! How many touchdowns have been scored this year by kids that grew up in coalfield? Let’s see Davis……no! Gunter………no! Should I even mention last year when the Gilbert kid “moved” to coalfield. What a joke! Before pointing fingers at other people you should take care of your own house first.

Kids that live outside Roane County don’t have to pay tuition to go the Oliver Springs. They have to file out of county forms, and if there is enough room they can go to Oliver Springs.

Edited by baden550

They all besides MPG started high school at Coalfield so there is no "recruiting". Being a young good athlete you want to go to school based on how good they are and when will you see playing time. Who wants to go to Wartburg every year and "try" to win a county championship against schools not even half their size when you could go to coalfield and compete for region champs year in and year out. I've never known of a AC kid transfering to Coalfield thats got any playing time in football. Stinnett helped coach a little bit down at Clinton but he moved to Coalfield with his son Aaron Stinnett to play here and that was along time ago so I dont think he knew anyone or recruiting anyone thats plays for Coalfield from Clinton. Reason MPG moved to Coalfield was thinking about his future, be a huge fish in little pond with no college football in his future or be one of the big fish in little pond with college football in his future. BTW the guy saying OS recruits is FROM CLINTON not Coalfield.

You say OS recruits!  How many touchdowns have been scored this year by kids that grew up in coalfield?  Let’s see  Davis……no! Gunter………no!  Should I even mention last year when the Gilbert kid “moved” to coalfield.  What a joke!  Before pointing fingers at other people you should take care of your own house first. 

You talk about OS getting kids from Anderson County.  How many coalfield players are from there or have been the past few years?  I think coalfield has their own AC connection with the Stinnett guy that used to help coach.

Kids that live outside Roane County don’t have to pay tuition to go the Oliver Springs.  They have to file out of county forms, and if there is enough room they can go to Oliver Springs.

825742924[/snapback]

Last time I checked Lynn Haynes has scored 5 or 6 TD's in two games. He is from Coalfield playing at Oliver Springs.