Mo East at Jefferson County

jchspats07

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been silent all week, busy with school and such. Good job on the win heard it was a classic, how many OT's were there?

I have to be honest this team is shocking me with how they are playing. You can go look at my lack of faith in them in earlier threads, but they have bucked up and got past all the off the field junk to win some football games. We are set in the next few years Ill tell you that. How many yards did McFall and Trey get?

As far as the obnoxious man in the press box Id like to know who it was. I think I remember ol boy saying something about John Cagle, Cagle really is a great guy and great teacher at JCHS, no one ever accused him of being John Ward but he is still ok.

As far as places to eat for the OR fan Id have to second the recomendation of the Galley, they really do have some fine food. But if you dont want fish then just eat at Big Ed's on the way :lol: we dont have much around the highschool that can touch it.

Ha, i guess he's free to say whatever he wants dodger. I don't think it would fit into his play by play very proffessionaly but to each his own lol. I did kinda aggravated by the constant complaining as well though. Most press boxes - they make an announcement that cheering for either side wont be tolerated. It causes tention lol.

it was a great game, but after a HORRIBLE running into/roughing the kicker call in an overtime, jeff county gets an extra shot at a missed PAT

How horrrible could the call be when the kick wasn't blocked and the kicker gets knocked to the ground and limps afterwards....even after the next kick, he limped off the field.

Jeff should have won the game by 2 TD's.....officiating was bad both ways....too many calls.

Jeff Co. has to eliminate the mistakes.....fumble inside the 5, holding on 4th and 1 with a TD, ONCE AGAIN, WE CAN'T DOWN A BALL INSIDE THE 5 ON A PUNT...PLEASE WORK ON THIS.

Sherrod was open for another 2 TD's but the QB's didn't get the ball there with no free safety in sight and no rush.

Why don't we ever blitz a LB on passing plays?

Can't imagine what Coach Smith said for the penalty.....they didn't argue when the flag was thrown though.

How horrrible could the call be when the kick wasn't blocked and the kicker gets knocked to the ground and limps afterwards....even after the next kick, he limped off the field.

Jeff should have won the game by 2 TD's.....officiating was bad both ways....too many calls.

Jeff Co. has to eliminate the mistakes.....fumble inside the 5, holding on 4th and 1 with a TD, ONCE AGAIN, WE CAN'T DOWN A BALL INSIDE THE 5 ON A PUNT...PLEASE WORK ON THIS.

Sherrod was open for another 2 TD's but the QB's didn't get the ball there with no free safety in sight and no rush.

Why don't we ever blitz a LB on passing plays?

Can't imagine what Coach Smith said for the penalty.....they didn't argue when the flag was thrown though.

825746376[/snapback]

You make some good points, but the rules are the rules. The kicker can not be run into, period. He was, it does not matter if he limped off or was faking it. The penality was not on Smith, but most likely a player or perhaps a fan. Some Refs have RABBIT EARS if ya know what I mean. The simple fact is the East captain was not allowed to make a decision on the penality. Coach Smith wanted to go for two from the 1.5 yard line and either win or lose. The ref said some player for East declined the penality, but he had NO IDEA which player it was, a pitiful excuse, but then the quality of officials was not particularly good.

Don't know why you think Jeff should have won by two TD's , both teams made lots of mistakes. IF is a big word, but East can not continue to turn the ball over four or five times a game and beat a good team. I am not knocking Ramsey either at least a couple of his picks bounced off his receivers, but the interceptions still go down to the QB, not quite fair, and if not for him they would have not been in the game anyway. However, to make your kicker kick a 35 yard extra point in an overtime game for celebrating after a TD is totally uncalled for and shows a lack of maturity and dicipline.

What a game and it is a shame that someone had to loose. Very impressed with Ramsey and wish you well young man the rest of the year.

For anyone in attendance Friday night and especially if you went on the filed after the game to the group huddle you should have NO doubt as to how tight the group of players are to each other AND their Coaches. True we may not have the best talent level but there is more Heart on that team than I have seen in a while. These kids are doing whatever it takes and I applaud that.

Great job Patriots!!!!

You make some good points, but the rules are the rules. The kicker can not be run into, period. He was, it does not matter if he limped off or was faking it. The penality was not on Smith, but most likely a player or perhaps a fan. Some Refs have RABBIT EARS if ya know what I mean. The simple fact is the East captain was not allowed to make a decision on the penality. Coach Smith wanted to go for two from the 1.5 yard line and either win or lose. The ref said some player for East declined the penality, but he had NO IDEA which player it was, a pitiful excuse, but then the quality of officials was not particularly good.

Don't know why you think Jeff should have won by two TD's , both teams made lots of mistakes. IF is a big word, but East can not continue to turn the ball over four or five times a game and beat a good team. I am not knocking Ramsey either at least a couple of his picks bounced off his receivers, but the interceptions still go down to the QB, not quite fair, and if not for him they would have not been in the game anyway. However, to make your kicker kick a 35 yard extra point in an overtime game for celebrating after a TD is totally uncalled for and shows a lack of maturity and dicipline.

825747215[/snapback]

You make some good points as well. A couple of good players on each side made some plays. The ref were bad, excuse me, HORRIBLE, for both East & JC. Which shouldn't be a big suprise, the refs have been bad for the last couple of years, you pick the sport, basketball, baseball and football. Evidently, anyone with a striped shirt will be given a whistle.

I really like the way U is mixing it up on offense. I like the kicking game changes. Don't really understand not kicking the field goal at the end of the 1st half. This isn't a monday morning qb, everyone in the stands around me wanted to kick the field goal. U needs to realize what a weapon he has in our kicker. I thought after the West game he had picked up on that.

Anyone getting on Cagle's case don't know him. He's a great guy and JCHS is lucky to have him in any capacity. We need more "Cagle types" at JCHS.

Surprise---Surprise--Mr. Cagle dosent do the P. A. work any more

825747526[/snapback]

John is now the Assistant Principle so now has to work the games from an Administrative standpoint, that's why he is not PA the games anymore. Thought you had something to work an angle on didn't you patfan?

Just another uninformed so called fan wanting to get something started other than the good things in Dumplin Valley.