FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WesVols says a "successful" D-II program... who has won a state championship in D-II? I'm pretty sure Father Ryan has.

825740389[/snapback]

Yes, they did indeed win a championship...in 1997, when this year's high school seniors were in 4th grade.

In the three-plus years that these seniors have been in high school, Ryan has put together a 5-27 mark. Not so successful.

I would agree that the Rebels will be heavy favorites to win this contest. They have played well enough to be 2-0 at this point.

Father Ryan is still a team in search of an idenity. Coach Lussier has been pretty much saddled with the same coaching staff that led the team to 7 wins over the last 3 seasons. 2 of the assistants on the current staff were dismissed by former Coach Robert Jemison and one coach on the staff walked off the field during spring practice after being publicly dressed down by Lussier only to return for fall practice.

The problem is these people are taking up teaching positions normally reserved for coaching personnel and won`t leave. Nobody else will hire them so we are just stuck.

The new principal realizes there is a serious problem, so I hope there will be some movement on the coaching staff by next season.

Until then all Coach Lussier can do is play the cards he`s been dealt. In all probability we are looking at another 2-9 season.

I'm not saying the Irish are going to win, but I'm also not saying they are going to lose... You never know what could happen... and last year I saw these boys go down to Memphis and beat a HEAVILY favored Christian Brothers team in a thriller.... maybe it wasn't the same this year, but if they play with the passion they had agasint jp2 in the first half...anything can happen... i still have faith in my boys... they can pull it together..maybe not this week, but you never know

One thing is for sure! No one will be more prepared strategically than Bruce Lussier for a game. He will out study and out prepare any coach he faces. He may be undermanned in both asst. coachs and players but he will solve that over time as well. I am sure that if coaches got dressed down in practice that they probably don't belong on the staff. Bruce has high expectations of himself and others in his program and doesn't tolerate slackers very well. Stick around, he will give Ryan a team to be proud of soon.

Ole Dad

Very true. I had forgotten about the CBHS victory last year. But if they're not going to win and they're not going to lose, what's going to happen?

Of course, I'm just picking. Good health to the Fightin' Irish Friday night.

825740704[/snapback]

Edited by Ole Dad

I guess unless we schedule certain DII teams, it doesn't count to some people that we schedule other DII teams :rolleyes:

Since Ryan doesn't have a home field, the games they've scheduled with Franklin and Brentwood in the past have put some needed coin in their pockets, as in both cases they were allowed to use the visitors field as a home venue.

Franklin should win this game, but might find it hard to get up for the winless Irish.

Does Ryan still run that goofy wing-T?

I guess unless we schedule certain DII teams, it doesn't count to some people that we schedule other DII teams :rolleyes:

Since Ryan doesn't have a home field, the games they've scheduled with Franklin and Brentwood in the past have put some needed coin in their pockets, as in both cases they were allowed to use the visitors field as a home venue.

Franklin should win this game, but might find it hard to get up for the winless Irish.

Does Ryan still run that goofy wing-T?

825741054[/snapback]

I think it counts if Franklin sticks with it as Ryan rebuilds and/or they play some other certain private schools as they did in years past. You can't play everyone, so it is good and can get better.

will ryan blair get any action at qb? franklin will make cory stewart quit on the first play, i've seen him do it before against a hard hitting team. it may not be just the assistant coaches, ryan has some assistants with experience in the sec and such. their jv and freshman teams have fielded successful seasons the past few years, i just don't think the depth has been tapped yet. as a huge fan of D2 football i appreciate franklin scheduling ryan. the dobbyns bennet games vs mba a couple years back rendered two of the best high school games i've ever seen....the clash between public and private always adds another element of excitement to the game, no matter what the talent level yields on either side.

Ive seen it too much now from Ryan fans. If you do not learn to stay behind your team through thick and thin then do not look for them to play well. I have seen on earlier boards as well fans or alumni go at several players in a negative way and with this your team will not learn to mold together as a team and begin to play well. It has to start with the team but the fans and the community around the team is what gets them rolling