FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know Coach Tim Johnson about as well as most people, and the one thing that every person that knows him would tell you is "He won't be out worked." To his credit while Head Coach at Franklin he put in 14-15 hour days non stop for three years. Many practices went 4+ hours and never once did I hear a parent or player complain. In doing so he took a team that was 5-5 for the past four years and made them 35-7 over the next three years.

Rather than being rewarded for his efforts, administration chose to deny his requests and when others came knocking, he listened. It took me awhile ...but good for him! You see when you put forth that kind of effort it is suppose to be rewarded. He taught FHS football that if you work hard, harder than anyone else, good things happen.

Our new coach when he first met with the parents, explained that practices would only be two hours, there would be no practice on Thursdays, there would be no summer camp and his latest is there will be no banquet. I left the first quarter back club meeting in March and have not been back to one since. Many parents have asked me if I was mad at someone ... The answer ..... I saw disaster written on the wall and now we are seeing it rear its ugly head!

There is no magical offense that replaces hard work, no polished resume that can teach a player how to block, no past success that allows you to rest. Without hard work and discipline you have nothing.

Let me say it again, without hard work and discipline you have nothing. And fans that is exactly what is going on in Franktown!!

Does anyone know if Legends has any tee times Thursday afternoon?

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Great win Irish!  I couldn't see it but I heard it was amazing.  Just don't get cocky about 1 win.  We need about 9 or 10 more of those, then you deserve to be cocky.  Congratulations and keep up the goodwork.

825745068[/snapback]

Agreed. Your man "Father Ryan Wrestling" is excited. He is amazed how the Irish won against Franklin and still cannot believe the loss to the Pope. It was not a loss to Pope it was a freggin tail kickin. Congrats on tonight . Enjoy, the Irish deserve it.

I don't think Ryan will beat FranklinFranklin has proven to be a big contender in 5A.  Ryan could possibly luck up and win a couple of games, but it won't be easy for them.  Welcome to Division II football Lussier.  As I recall he made a statement on a radio show after it was announced that he was hired at Father Ryan that he had been competing in the best football division of 5A football and that Division II wouldn't be anything compared.  Well, Welcome to Division II - Christian Brothers just welcomed you, you still have 6 more to go.

I feel sorry for Ryan.  They were once a powerhouse football program that people knew that when they played them, they were going to play with intensity and hit you hard, now, the powers that be at Ryan have totally let the program go so far down, it will take years to every re-build, if re-building is even possible, with so many other good schools and better opportunities around, if you are a good athlete why would you want to go there?  I guess Ryan is like a Vanderbilt, you will be able to good above average players but not the best.

Lussier should only be given 3 years to turn the program around.  That is all they gave Coach Jemison.  If Lussier doesn't win in three years he should be out just like they did Jemison.  Jemison is a Ryan alumni.  If they treat Lussier different and he is not even a Ryan person - well that says a lot about  how Ryan treats their own family.  Would you want that to be your family?

825741667[/snapback]

Female Fan, Go knit a sock. Ryan does not need your pity. You are a bad apple

FemaleFan

Did you pluck the feathers off that crow before you ate it tonight? I'm sure now you will personally call Coach Lussier and "welcome him" to Division II after your tongue in cheek smart aleck comments from a day or two ago. You think that beating last years 5A runner-up was one of Lussiers lucky wins? Ryan doesn't need fair weather fans like yourself. You obviously are a sour grapes fan and have a personal agenda and axe to grind. I think you owe the entire Ryam nation an apology for your classless comments. People like you are cancerous for a program as you spread your illwill. As I said before, take up a hobby that you know something about. Good riddance.

Ole Dad

I don't think Ryan will beat FranklinFranklin has proven to be a big contender in 5A.  Ryan could possibly luck up and win a couple of games, but it won't be easy for them.  Welcome to Division II football Lussier.  As I recall he made a statement on a radio show after it was announced that he was hired at Father Ryan that he had been competing in the best football division of 5A football and that Division II wouldn't be anything compared.  Well, Welcome to Division II - Christian Brothers just welcomed you, you still have 6 more to go.

I feel sorry for Ryan.  They were once a powerhouse football program that people knew that when they played them, they were going to play with intensity and hit you hard, now, the powers that be at Ryan have totally let the program go so far down, it will take years to every re-build, if re-building is even possible, with so many other good schools and better opportunities around, if you are a good athlete why would you want to go there?  I guess Ryan is like a Vanderbilt, you will be able to good above average players but not the best.

Lussier should only be given 3 years to turn the program around.  That is all they gave Coach Jemison.  If Lussier doesn't win in three years he should be out just like they did Jemison.  Jemison is a Ryan alumni.  If they treat Lussier different and he is not even a Ryan person - well that says a lot about  how Ryan treats their own family.  Would you want that to be your family?

825741667[/snapback]

<_< Congratulations to the Irish! What a great win. The game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Offensive line seemed hugh and gave runners plenty of room to run. Defensive line was in Franklin's backfield much of the night and gave Mikrut liitle time to set up and throw the ball. Frankly, I am surprised Father Ryan lost so handily in its first two games. Looks like their new coach has turned the corner with this team and I look for FR to win a number of games over the remainder of the season.

Other than the State Championship game last year against a pretty good Riverdale team, this is the worst defeat I have seen Franklin suffer in the last six years. They were manhandled and seemed poorly prepared. They never were able to use their speed.....which is the strength of the team. Lot of work to do if they expect to finish out the season strong.

As for DII versus the publics.....guys and girls you recruit and we don't, so your bragging about how great you are really is a moot point and its getting a little old. But....if it makes you feel good, have at it. One of the posters said that FR does not recruit or offer scholarships. The two big defensive tackles (#s 72 & 34) sure looked like recruits to me.

Good luck to the Irish the rest of the season! Again...great win!

Tiger,

I agree, Ryan had a huge win tonight and more will follow. As far as recruiting goes...I agree with the concept you raise...Isn't the definition of a private school somehow connected to getting the students you desire from all surrounding locations? Private schools are not restricted by distrcting lines like pubs are...but they are limited by the dollars of tuition assistance they can provide and I know that at Ryan it's very low if any. Go Ryan....

Ole Dad

<_< Congratulations to the Irish! What a great win.  The game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Offensive line seemed hugh and gave runners plenty of room to run.  Defensive line was in Franklin's backfield much of the night and gave Mikrut liitle time to set up and throw the ball.  Frankly, I am surprised Father Ryan lost so handily in its first two games.  Looks like their new coach has turned the corner with this team and I look for FR to win a number of games over the remainder of the season.

Other than the State Championship game last year against a pretty good Riverdale team, this is the worst defeat I have seen Franklin suffer in the last six years. They were manhandled and seemed poorly prepared.  They never were able to use their speed.....which is the strength of the team.  Lot of work to do if they expect to finish out the season strong. 

As for DII versus the publics.....guys and girls you recruit and we don't, so your bragging about how great you are really is a moot point and its getting a little old.  But....if it makes you feel good, have at it.  One of the posters said that FR does not recruit or offer scholarships.  The two big defensive tackles (#s 72 & 34) sure looked like recruits to me. 

Good luck to the Irish the rest of the season!  Again...great win!

825745192[/snapback]