Displaced Players

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are better they start period. just because your a senior doesn't mean you have a right to start. You earn the right to start on the field, anything else and it's politics and show lack of class.

825740229[/snapback]

I think the situation with displaced transfers falls under "politics," too. Like I said, VERY odd situation.

If they are better they start period. just because your a senior doesn't mean you have a right to start. You earn the right to start on the field, anything else and it's politics and show lack of class.

825740229[/snapback]

If a kid has worked hard for me and done everything I have asked of him for three years while representing the school in a positive way then he gets first shot over anyone who moves in regardless of where that person is from. He has earned that from me. Now, again, it is up to the coach who is handling this to make the decision and whoever is on the wrong side of the decision will scream politics.

If a kid has worked hard for me and done everything I have asked of him for three years while representing the school in a positive way then he gets first shot over anyone who moves in regardless of where that person is from. He has earned that from me. Now, again, it is up to the coach who is handling this to make the decision.

825740249[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this logic.

You play the best reguardless

825740254[/snapback]

When a kid has spent over 1,000 days on the field or in the weight room doing what I tell him to then I have the discretion of playing him over anyone who walks into my program for any reason. Again, I may not do that when presented with it but no one should yell politics if I do.

When a kid has spent over 1,000 days on the field or in the weight room doing what I tell him to then I have the discretion of playing him over anyone who walks into my program for any reason. Again, I may not do that when presented with it but no one should yell politics if I do.

825740260[/snapback]

Coacht, you are the master for a reason. :)

If a kid has worked hard for me and done everything I have asked of him for three years while representing the school in a positive way then he gets first shot over anyone who moves in regardless of where that person is from. He has earned that from me. Now, again, it is up to the coach who is handling this to make the decision and whoever is on the wrong side of the decision will scream politics.

825740249[/snapback]

I agree Coach, but I think this is something that will be hard to tell how it will affect a schools team. I know if one community gets in some transfer studs and another does not, it will have a negative and unfair effect upon HS football in the state.

I am glad I am not in any position to make these decisions as this occurrence is one of those great un-for-seen variables that is a by product of this unfortunate crisis down south.

825740249[/snapback]

I fail to see how someone could yell politics if a kid comes in that is very good and can be a big help to the team`s success. I do however see how a kid who has probably given as much time and effort at a school somewhere in Louisiana or Mississippi comes up to Tennessee because he has been forced out of his home and has more talent than someone who has "put the time in" at his school and doesn`t get to play much could say it`s just politics.

I do agree that it`s up to the coach to make that decision, but I hope he makes it on who he feels is the best and can help the team the most, rather than over feeling he has to be loyal. That`s not being fair to the kid from out of state who may have been dreaming of starting his senior year further south.

But wow..it`s gonna be some difficult decisions being made. I see your point, but I don`t necessarily agree that a kid eanrs the right to play just because he has been there 4 years. If a transfer come from New Orleans or Timbuktu and he is part of that team, I think he deserves every consideration that any other player gets. Then let whoever earns it start.

I know all you guys think about football 24/7 these days, but I'm thinking that these "star athletes" that all of you are talking about are not going to be as focused on football as they were two weeks ago. I mean, I'm thinking that they are going to have so much rushing through their mind........lost home, lost school, lost friends......nothing left of "HOME" and it's going to be difficult for them to "FOCUS" on their game. Yes, young men and women tend to bounce back from things quicker than adults, but I'm affraid this is going to have a lasting effect on them. However; I hope they all get back into school and try to get on with their lives the best they can.

By the way.......there ARE around 1,000 people who came into the Gibson County area this past Saturday.