CoachT Top 10 Poll

TheGreatLineJudge

Just because it's fun I'll post a top 5 in A-AA to start it off just for "friendly" discussion. I'll think about Div II and AAA later. It's NOT an official poll, just an opinion for discussion. :thumb:

1. East Ridge(easy call)

2. Knox Cath (Defeated AC 5 times and Loretto,did lose to Goodpasture 2-3)

3. Anderson County (defeated Goodpasture and Notre Dame but did lose X5 to KC)

4. Loretto(defeated Notre Dame, lost Knox Cath and East Ridge)

5. Notre Dame(defeated ER, Harpeth Hall, Goodpasture and lost to AC and Loretto)

I considered Goodpasture, but looked at their entire season and decided their 3-2 win over Knox Cath just wasn't enough as they lost to Notre Dame, AC and Page. I'd rank them 6th.

Notre Dame is the puzzling one as I suspect they may be much better than 5th considering the did manage to defeat State Champions East Ridge and Harpeth Hall at one point, but lost to AC and Lorretto when it counted.

That's my logic. That's how I consider teams.

Your vision looks pretty good from way up there in KY.

Loretto played hard, respect for that. But, it looks like many tms could beat them if they would double block middle cross court ..ddn't that account for 50% of their points in very predictable fashion?

-I know ND a little and I am as puzzled as you are about them :blink: .

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your vision looks pretty good from way up there in KY.

Loretto played hard, respect for that. But, it looks like many tms could beat them if they would double block middle cross court ..ddn't that account for 50% of their points in very predictable fashion?

-I know ND a little and I am as puzzled as you are about them :D .

Actually, I must not have noticed that ND was really Loretto's only "signature" win of the season. I'd say you have a very good case that ND should be ranked 4th based on my own logic of not including Goodpasture "if" my silly poll really meant anything. :thumb: Having lost to both AC and Loretto though has to keep ND lower than tournament runnerup AC in my completely unbiased mind.

Obviously I haven't seen all the teams and my vision is blurry way up here, but most coaches in the poll here never see most of the teams they vote for or against. They check the scores and schedules to make their decisions for the most part. :blink:

Edited by KYdigsTN

I will say this about Loretto. They played a bunch of matches in Alabama where Volleyball is pretty good. I'm sure this prepared them well and far more than their district matches did.

My AAA Top 5:

Germantown--won it

Siegel--beat south easily and beat Bwood late in the season

South--beat the wood and Franklin

Brentwood--beat Franklin--but also beat G-town in pool play

Franklin--outside looking in

AA--I will give it an effort.

------

east ridge

AC--experience means alot in volleyball--win when it counts

Knox--

Loretto

ND

My AAA Top 5:

Germantown--won it

Siegel--beat south easily and beat Bwood late in the season

South--beat the wood and Franklin

Brentwood--beat Franklin--but also beat G-town in pool play

Franklin--outside looking in

AA--I will give it an effort.

------

east ridge

AC--experience means alot in volleyball--win when it counts

Knox--

Loretto

ND

Your AAA actually would be my exact top 5 even though I really dont believe Brentwood truly is the 4th best team. Nevertheless they had an injury that weakened their team and lost at tournament time.

I would completely agree with you on AC being #2 had they actually faced Knox Cath and not Goodpasture and defeated them in that match to at least go 1-5 against them. They didn't though, so all I can go on is 0-5 head to head. That's tough to overlook.

Your AAA actually would be my exact top 5 even though I really dont believe Brentwood truly is the 4th best team. Nevertheless they had an injury that weakened their team and lost at tournament time.

I would completely agree with you on AC being #2 had they actually faced Knox Cath and not Goodpasture and defeated them in that match to at least go 1-5 against them. They didn't though, so all I can go on is 0-5 head to head. That's tough to overlook.

Brentwood is no doubt the 4th best team. Franklin couldn't beat them no matter who is hurt. Franklin cannot mentally get over the brentwood mystic.

Brentwood is no doubt the 4th best team. Franklin couldn't beat them no matter who is hurt. Franklin cannot mentally get over the brentwood mystic.

What I meant was I believe they are probably actually "better" than 4th. To be honest I believe the are still at least top 2, but just did not earn it on the court at state. Therefore 4th is where I would rank them even though their overall record tells me they are better than that. That's exactly the same way I feel about Notre Dame by looking at the way they performed over the "entire" season. Still though, neither team got it done at state.

What I meant was I believe they are probably actually "better" than 4th. To be honest I believe the are still at least top 2, but just did not earn it on the court at state. Therefore 4th is where I would rank them even though their overall record tells me they are better than that. That's exactly the same way I feel about Notre Dame by looking at the way they performed over the "entire" season. Still though, neither team got it done at state.

Understand what you are saying and I would mostly agree. For the first time in years the top 4 teams in the state are really close to one another.

Did I hear that there was a vote recently in KY about seperating private vs public schools?

I started a topic just about the KY split, but CoachT closed it immediately and reminded me that we have an entire forum on it.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showforum=37

I believe Digs, among others, would find this forum to be of great interest. Someone suggested a TN/KY privates association.

Please continue the split discussion on the Public-Private Debate forum via the link provided above. Thanks!

AAA

Germantown

South

Brentwood

siegel

A/AA

East Ridge

Anderson County

Goodpasture

Notre Dame/Johnson County

Division II

Harpeth Hall

Just curious as to why Siegel 4th. They beat South badly took G-town 5 games and beat Brentwood...with their best player. I am not saying you are wrong..just wondering why.

Announcements