6 Father Ryan

7 Baylor

T-8 Franklin

T-8 Notre Dame

10 Anderson County

On the bubble...

East Ridge, Independence, Ootlewah, Red Bank, Sullivan South

825755574[/snapback]

[/quote Hey guys what about taking the top five out of each division to make it more fair? Could something like that be done or would it complicate it too much?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Chattanoogan.com's top 10 in Chattanooga.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_73182.asp

The inflated stats are also included in the article. :thumb:

On the state list- I wish the best to Harpeth, but I don't see how anyone who saw them play this wkend could put them in the top 10. With just one player out they became very avg. I hope the girl can return.

Here is the Chattanoogan.com's top 10 in Chattanooga.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_73182.asp

The inflated stats are also included in the article. :D

On the state list- I wish the best to Harpeth, but I don't see how anyone who saw them play this wkend could put them in the top 10. With just one player out they became very avg. I hope the girl can return.

[/quote

Was their top player injured? I would agree that they are not a top 10 team when she does not play. When she is on the court, they can beat anyone. So, I must disagree. Harpeth Hall is a top 10 team.

I will say this, If Anderson County can play with the same intensity that it did against Presentation Acad. at the LaVergne TOC, A-AA will go to them. That was the single best high school volleyball match that I have ever seen. I even noticed a couple of players on other court, watching the match while it was being played. There was about 150 people in the gym that gave both schools a standing ovation after the match. I know there were at least 3 video cameras going at the time of the match. I'd love to have a copy of that match.

Someone was generous enough to send me their Top 25 this past week. While I have some differences of opinion with parts of the poll personally (we all will), I think it's a great list of who's who in the state and also an ideal way the get the debate rolling. Don't just point the finger and dissect this poll line for line- VOTE and make your voice heard!

Overall Top 25

1. Brentwood

2. Father Ryan

3. GPS

4. Harpeth Hall

5. East Ridge

6. Siegel

7. Sullivan South

8. Germantown

9. Baylor

10. Farragut

11. Notre Dame

12. Anderson Co.

13. BGA

14. Franklin

15. Ooltewah

16. Cookeville

17. Knox Catholic

18. Red Bank

19. William Blount

20. USJ

21. Dobyns-Bennett

22. Independence

23. Harding Acad.

24. Bradley Central

25. (Tie)Greenbrier; DCA

By Class

A-AA (15)

1. East Ridge

2. Anderson Co.

3. Notre Dame

4. Catholic

5. Greenbrier

6. USJ

7. Goodpasture

8. DCA

9. Page

10. Lipscomb

11. Boyd-Buchanan

12. Portland

13. Johnson Co.

14. Alcoa

15. Hixson

AAA (20)

1. Brentwood

2. Siegel

3. Sullivan South

4. Germantown

5. Farragut

6. Franklin

7. Ooltewah

8. Cookeville

9. Red Bank

10. William Blount

11. Dobyns-Bennett

12. Independence

13. Bradley Central

14. Collierville

15. Tennessee

16. Bartlett

17. Centennial

18. Oak Ridge

19. Riverdale

20. LaVergne

Div. II (10)

1. Father Ryan

2. GPS

3. Harpeth Hall

4. Baylor

5. BGA

6. Harding Acad.

7. Briarcrest

8. Knox Webb

9. St. Agnes

10. USN

interesting... dca has lost to lipscomb so has goodpasture yet both teams are still ranked higher, and ezell harding is tied for first in the same district as lipscomb dca and goodpasture and is not even ranked. I think anyone in that district could beat anyone on a given good day.

interesting... dca has lost to lipscomb so has goodpasture yet both teams are still ranked higher, and ezell harding is tied for first in the same district as lipscomb dca and goodpasture and is not even ranked. I think anyone in that district could beat anyone on a given good day.

It is all about playing against good competition and on a regular basis. What tournaments have you played in? How many times have you played Brentwood or Franklin? You have to be seen by the good teams and play well against them to get respect.

Well coacht must not have liked my last post. There is no way anyone can have Farragut not in the top ten. They are 33 - 7 and have lost only to private schools. GPS and WEBB twice each. So there are 4 of there 7 losses. They have beat AC, DB, siegel in play day, and Ooltewah. They are dominating their district with a 10 - 0 record. The matches they have lost have all been close. All this after graduating 7 Seniors. This years team has only one Senior and only 2 girls with true varsity experience. Just a thought here.

Mufasa,

The poll you are referring to is outdated and no longer valid. For that matter, it was a pre-season poll that was not posted until the season started. Please have a look at the most recent polls when talking about who's ranked above who and who deserves to be ranked above who. Gracias! <_<

Announcements