Katrina Relief Telethon at BHS-WoW!

fromthetop2

I've got to give a deep bow, and wish you would as well, to the Brentwood High School TV Production crew. . .

In two short weeks, they organized and put on a telethon on Comcast Cable Access Channel 9. It ran this past Friday, and went from 6:30-11:30 PM. Since the Bruins weren't playing, they had the full staff there.

All the proceeds went to the Williamson County Chapter of the American Red Cross for the Hurricane Katrina Relief efforts.

Their goal was $10,000

They raised $72,000

Not enough press is given to the untold stories of generosity, of the youth stepping up, and making a difference.

Please write Mark Madison at [email protected] with your support or your congratulations. He is the educator who heads up TV Produciton classes there.

Saw a little lemonade stand in my neighborhood manned by four precious elementary school girls-"$1 for Lemonade-everything goes to the Red Cross. Help us help them"

With a lump in my throat I ordered all lemonades I could carry.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to give a deep bow, and wish you would as well, to the Brentwood High School TV Production crew. . .

In two short weeks, they organized and put on a telethon on Comcast Cable Access Channel 9.  It ran this past Friday, and went from 6:30-11:30 PM.  Since the Bruins weren't playing, they had the full staff there.

All the proceeds went to the Williamson County Chapter of the American Red Cross for the Hurricane Katrina Relief efforts.

Their goal was $10,000

They raised $72,000

Not enough press is given to the untold stories of generosity, of the youth stepping up, and making a difference.

Please write Mark Madison at [email protected] with your support or your congratulations.  He is the educator who heads up TV Produciton classes there.

Saw a little lemonade stand in my neighborhood manned by four precious elementary school girls-"$1 for Lemonade-everything goes to the Red Cross. Help us help them"

With a lump in my throat I ordered all lemonades I could carry.

825747443[/snapback]

Wow! Looks like Ravenwood's principal will be wearing a Brentwood shirt on Friday.

Good job BHS students, that is very impressive. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...