Maryville vs William Blount

WBGradFan

Sounds to me like the WB players are saying the same things Alcoa was before they got embarrassed on their home feild too.  I hope the WB players don't care anything about the Maryville defense that way they won't know what hits them.

825754568[/snapback]

It actually sounds more like someone from Maryville is attributing statements to the WB players. Coach Meadows and his staff won't let their players come out and act like the Alcoa kids did before the game. WB understands the magnitude of the task of even trying to stay in the game with Maryville. The Govs will be up against great coaches, great players, great history ... heck, WB has only won against Maryville like three times in 26 years. It would be nice if we can keep it interesting enough to keep the fans there for four quarters. We'll see.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually sounds more like someone from Maryville is attributing statements to the WB players.  Coach Meadows and his staff won't let their players come out and act like the Alcoa kids did before the game.  WB understands the magnitude of the task of even trying to stay in the game with Maryville.  The Govs will be up against great coaches, great players, great history ... heck, WB has only won against Maryville like three times in 26 years.  It would be nice if we can keep it interesting enough to keep the fans there for four quarters.  We'll see.

825754668[/snapback]

Govman, I agree with you on that "Coach Meadows and his staff won't let their players come out and act like the Alcoa kids did before the game". Or during!

Think, Act & Look like a champion and you'll be a champion win or lose. Class can take a program a long way. Maryville will be ready to do battle.

Did WB charge for parking last night?

This is the best team that William Blount has had in 6 years and the best chance for the Govs to beat Maryville since 1999. Maryville will have to bring their A game on offense and defense. I have been told that the William Blount players are saying behind closed doors that they are going to HAMMER the Rebels and make them like it. They said they don't care about the Maryville defense or anything else about Maryville.

This is going to be a battle that Maryville better get ready for.

825754566[/snapback]

I garuntee that the william blount players have not said any thing about the rebels good or bad. But its not friday yet either

Congratulations to William Blount on a big win. Maryville's defense will have a big challenge this week. WB has a very fast backfield. Brad Walker and Ronald Osbourne are threats to score on every play. It looks to me that Lucas Wall has improved 100% over last year. Scotty Rhodes is a good receiver. Hamilton Borden and the Walker brothers have played well on defense. This will not be an easy game.

I feel like Maryville will slow down William Blount enough though. I think William Blounts defense won't stop Maryville's running game. I predict the score to be 35-21 with Maryville winning.

No, they did not charge. I am like you Govman.. I want it to be a game that keeps everyone around until the end.

825754765[/snapback]

I am glad I won't have to pay to park, cause I'm cheap. But if I was running the school I would charge to park so I could pump more cash into the program and school!

The last time Maryville got BEAT was vs. Heritage in 2000 I think it was, no one from Maryville left the stands as I remember it. Yes Maryville has lost a few, but the Heritage game was a beating.

Maryville fans like the players will hang in there till the last horn and Maryville has plenty of motivation to come in a beat the Gov's yet again!.

I'm looking forward to this one. WB has a pretty good team. This is definetly WB's best chance to beat Maryville. BUT Maryville's defense and coaches are too good. I'm sayin Maryville wins. Quarles will play Burnette more and I think he'll have a great game.

Maryville-28

William Blount-10

Edited by Rebels08

Someone said that WB is a tough place to play. I disagree after having spent a great deal of time on that field over the years. Because of the way that the stadium is set up, not only are the fans removed pretty far away from the players but the student sections can also not see or hear one another very well. That has several effects. First, it hushes the place significantly. Cheers drift out across the field and just evaporate. As a player you will not hear the fans as much as at most fields when noise is coming from both sides and trapped on the field. Second, the fans don't hear the other fan section and get spurred on to be louder.

I think that WB field is very inviting to the visiting team. They can clearly and easily communicate with their coaches and with one another. Visitors are on the opposite side of the field from the noise and removed from the chaos.

The only kink in my theory here is that I expect this game to be standing room only with a nice crowd leaning on the fence most of the way around.