No More DI or DII

titansdog

TSSAA should do away with the separate divisions, specifically football. What do the two separate divisions really prove or accomplish? The better coached teams will always win out, cream rises to the top. Other than the supposed recruiting in DII, and in this happens in DI also. I want to know what people think, generally better players like to compete against better players.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA should do away with the separate divisions, specifically football. What do the two separate divisions really prove or accomplish? The better coached teams will always win out, cream rises to the top. Other than the supposed recruiting in DII, and in this happens in DI also. I want to know what people think, generally better players like to compete against better players.

Just curious...if you want to play the best...why didn't Catholic move up to 5a or DII AAA?

Edited by Antwan

We already play up to AAA, a school of 505 kids.

KC,

I agree with ya...just like we already play up too. But Antwan and Stantrott's teams don't...they just like to throw that out to try to derail any good suggestions that involve treating the publics and privates the same. Sadly, they aren't about fair or right, they are about making sure the privates are punished for getting good.

p.s. For those who might have missed it, we did step up this year and play the best, in a rebuilding year, with key players missing, and we got pummeled. But you don't hear us whining about it. Our kids don't feel like they have been treated unfairly, or that they can't compete. In fact, they look on this as a call to get better...and they will because of it.

I heard a rumor the other day that with the price of gas & travel becoming so expensive both the public and private schools are asking for something to be done quickly. Some schools are spending up to 85% of their football budget on travel alone and adminstrators are starting to demand that something be done. It is my understanding that "King Ronnie" wants to put both D1 & D2 back together and have 4 divisions in football. They would be willing to leave the rual 1A schools in a division without any private schools. By doing this most schools would not have to travel more than 30 minutes for a district game which would save on gas (remember that schools play varsity, jv, and freshmen) and families would not be getting home so late after games. Has anyone else heard this rumor?????

I heard a rumor the other day that with the price of gas & travel becoming so expensive both the public and private schools are asking for something to be done quickly. Some schools are spending up to 85% of their football budget on travel alone and adminstrators are starting to demand that something be done. It is my understanding that "King Ronnie" wants to put both D1 & D2 back together and have 4 divisions in football. They would be willing to leave the rual 1A schools in a division without any private schools. By doing this most schools would not have to travel more than 30 minutes for a district game which would save on gas (remember that schools play varsity, jv, and freshmen) and families would not be getting home so late after games. Has anyone else heard this rumor?????

Interesting. Where did you hear a rumor like that? :rolleyes:

If "King Ronnie" were truly king, it might happen. He's not, and the public school coaches...sorry, cough...cough...administrators...would never allow it to happen.

Would the 1a publics be one of the 4 divisions or would they be an outbracket? Where would that leave schools like Grace and Temple and Silverdale...they have about 150 kids and new programs, would they have to play aa schools?

KC,

I agree with ya...just like we already play up too. But Antwan and Stantrott's teams don't...they just like to throw that out to try to derail any good suggestions that involve treating the publics and privates the same. Sadly, they aren't about fair or right, they are about making sure the privates are punished for getting good.

p.s. For those who might have missed it, we did step up this year and play the best, in a rebuilding year, with key players missing, and we got pummeled. But you don't hear us whining about it. Our kids don't feel like they have been treated unfairly, or that they can't compete. In fact, they look on this as a call to get better...and they will because of it.

We played up the last 4 years previous to this year. We play three 3a schools this year. I don't want you punished...I want you your own division for the playoffs. If you wanted us to be in our own division...would that be punishment? Your schedule this year is by your own volition. You haven't lost to a 2a team yet.

Edited by Antwan