Hixson @ White County

whitecofan 61

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its simple people ...you have to heart heart and discipline to play football and unfortunately White county has neither. Thats not the kids fault ....its the coaches for not instilling discipline on the team. This team should not lose a game if you look at them on paper but remember it takes more than size alone to win, I think coach Brown needs to revaluate this teams heart or it will be over real quick.

Also its takes a football TEAM to win. They had no team senior leadership on the field tonite, just alot of guys looking out for themselves. I love these kids but this display on the sidelines was awful and it should be embarrassing for the coaches. We will see if anything is done or will it be as usual. Just remember coaches how your team acts is a direct reflection of your coaching abilities.

GO WARRIORS!!!

Players often reflect their coach's personality.

Its simple people ...you have to heart heart and discipline to play football and unfortunately White county has neither. Thats not the kids fault ....its the coaches for not instilling discipline on the team. This team should not lose a game if you look at them on paper but remember it takes more than size alone to win, I think coach Brown needs to revaluate this teams heart or it will be over real quick.

Also its takes a football TEAM to win. They had no team senior leadership on the field tonite, just alot of guys looking out for themselves. I love these kids but this display on the sidelines was awful and it should be embarrassing for the coaches. We will see if anything is done or will it be as usual. Just remember coaches how your team acts is a direct reflection of your coaching abilities.

GO WARRIORS!!!

This Hixson team is very well conditioned...Many players go both ways and show no sign of fatigue

Listen Hixson was lucky to get out of there with a win. They should have been blown out but WC was too busy arguing amongst themseleves to play a game against Hixson. Right now the way we played tonite anybody could have beat the spartans. There are four or five players on the starting squad that need to sit the bench and the rest needs a wake up call to PLAY AS A TEAM.

For Hixson to just barely come out with a win when we played about as bad as anybody I have ever seen then that doesnt say much for Hixson.

It seems Coach Brown is going to do things his way no matter if its successfull or not. Its his team not the fans but we all know where the problems are but he keeps tolerating it week after week. Oh well only four more games left, then its over.

:blink:

They sound like really good players on offense, but you still allowed 30. Wasn't at the game, of course, but sounds like Hixson did great on offense and did enough on defense to get the win.

Indeed. Our defense really didn't have an answer for the Hixson Wing T until after Halftime. And by that time, our offense was too decimated to move the ball.

I wouldnt say White County ever had an answer for the Wing T ...Hixson scored 3 TD's before half and 2 after halftime..The game really was closer than it should have been..Hixson didnt convert 1 PAT and allowed a kickoff return TD..35-14 was the more realistic score of the the offense vs defense

You're right. The game was closer than it should have been. If Taylor and Lewis don't go down while White County WAS LEADING the game in the 2nd quarter the game would have been White County's. Taylor had already burned Hixson for 100 yards in the 1st quarter. Heal up guys. Hope you can play next week. :thumb:

Yeah, for those who weren't at the game I may be able to give somewhat of a summary, however biased it may be.

The games score is closer than the actual contest was. Two of White Co.'s touchdowns came on busted plays. One was a kickoff, and the guy practically ran through the wedge and went uncontested down the field for a TD. The other TD by JJ Taylor was a busted pass coverage assignment. The guy had no one within 15-20 yards of him, and all the QB had to do was get it to him, and it was off the the races. Hixson's offense struggled at times, but unlike last week, they only fumbled once. Coheleach Holmes had four TDs, 3 rushing, 1 catching. Hixson's defense played hardnosed ball as well. Even when Dell Lewis was in, he wasn't getting more than 3-4 yards a play. Their RB did better on counter trap, than Lewis did. It's a shame to see Lewis get hurt like that, I hope it's nothing too major, but he appeared to be in an immense amount of pain.

The final score read 30-21

Hixson didn't make a PAT all night. They gave up a kickoff return touchdown that shouldn't have happened. So 777, I don't see how Hixson was "Lucky". Hixson had maybe 30 fans, you had a packed out side. Hixson had no band, it was your homecoming. Ya'll had every reason in the world to play fired up football. Nobody picked Hixson to win except for Hixson. White Co. is lucky that they didn't lose by 20 instead of 9.

Yeah, for those who weren't at the game I may be able to give somewhat of a summary, however biased it may be.

The games score is closer than the actual contest was. Two of White Co.'s touchdowns came on busted plays. One was a kickoff, and the guy practically ran through the wedge and went uncontested down the field for a TD. The other TD by JJ Taylor was a busted pass coverage assignment. The guy had no one within 15-20 yards of him, and all the QB had to do was get it to him, and it was off the the races. Hixson's offense struggled at times, but unlike last week, they only fumbled once. Coheleach Holmes had four TDs, 3 rushing, 1 catching. Hixson's defense played hardnosed ball as well. Even when Dell Lewis was in, he wasn't getting more than 3-4 yards a play. Their RB did better on counter trap, than Lewis did. It's a shame to see Lewis get hurt like that, I hope it's nothing too major, but he appeared to be in an immense amount of pain.

The final score read 30-21

Hixson didn't make a PAT all night. They gave up a kickoff return touchdown that shouldn't have happened. So 777, I don't see how Hixson was "Lucky". Hixson had maybe 30 fans, you had a packed out side. Hixson had no band, it was your homecoming. Ya'll had every reason in the world to play fired up football. Nobody picked Hixson to win except for Hixson. White Co. is lucky that they didn't lose by 20 instead of 9.

Are you kidding me.............. WC played like crap last night and we still took it to the end. If we played with half a heart last night Hixson would have went home a loser even with all our in house problems and injuries. :thumb: