Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

Hows it going there boys. Well i have sat around reading CoachT for a while and holding my tongue but it is time to let loose. I have sat around and watched Wilson Central players and fans talking a lot of smack all i have to say is remember your roots. I played there through 24 straight losses and was there when our day came for the playoffs. To you WC 22 you run that mouth. You obviously werent there when we won our first game and William Harris dropped to his knees crying and kissed the grass on the field. Or how it took ten minutes to clear the stands because of the standing ovation that we were given. Just remeber the modest roots that we came from. And never take any team for granted.

Ryan Ogletree former Wildcat football player

Once a wildcat always a wildcat

actually, i was at that game. i was going nuts with the rest of the student body, and i ran onto the field in celebration and to congratulate our team. i dont see why you think im "disrespectful" to my school. i have pride in my team, and i show it. if i think we're gonna win a game, then heck, ill tell you, i think we're gonna win that game. i have said nothing that should be taken the wrong way, all i have done is state my opinion. i said i felt we would kill smyrna (we did) and i said i thought we would thoroughly outplay gallatin (and in MY OPINION, we did. maybe some people dont agree, but thats THEIR opinion.)

sometimes i say things to try and get a little heat started, because THAT IS FOOTBALL. football is not some light game where there is no smack talking. you can't possibly say you nevr talked smack to anyone while you were down there on the line. i respect every player, and i respect what you did for our school. if i think we're gonna beat Riverdale, then ill say it. do i think we will destroy RHS? no, i dont. i think it will be an epic game and i can't wait to be there. Go Central!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they catch him first? have you not seen how strong and hard to bring down this kid is?

How did Lavergne show that Riverdale can be beaten? Did they beat them? Riverdale is still a machine, aren't they on a 21 game winning streak?

the score was 20-28

considering lavergnes history and riverdales, it should have been a blowout, or was the machine just not working right that game? its not hard to bring gaston down. its his cut back and speed. and he didnt do too well vs the wing t. as for scott thomas, he is a good scrambler, but sloppy. he carries the ball to loose. and i have changed my prediction wc by 14

the score was 20-28

considering lavergnes history and riverdales, it should have been a blowout, or was the machine just not working right that game? its not hard to bring gaston down. its his cut back and speed. and he didnt do too well vs the wing t. as for scott thomas, he is a good scrambler, but sloppy. he carries the ball to loose. and i have changed my prediction wc by 14

well, considering WC & Riverdales history, this game should be a blowout. and what do you mean by miller didn't do good vs the wing t?

the score was 20-28

Riverdale has not lost a game by more than 1 touchdown dating back to the 2000 Blue Cross Bowl where they lost 27-7 to Red Bank. Even since then they have lost only games (none last year or this year) for a combined 19 points...what makes you think that Wilson Central can put up 3/4ths of what has been put up on Riverdale in only 5 loses in 5 years? You really did not put any logic behind your prediction besides how Riverdale played Lavergne. Lavergne and Wilson Central are not the same teams. In fact, Lavergne may be better than Wilson Central. So what I am asking is what is your basis on why Wilson Central will "win" by 14, rather than why Riverdale will "lose" by 14.

After reading a lot of the post I honestly beleive that a lot of fans are still doubting wilson centrals tallent. However, I have played against riverdale in many sports and know that that program comes ready to play no matter what. They are going to bring there A game. That is a fact. Wilson central has also shown that they are willing to strap it up when it comes game time. I truely believe this game is going to be won by the team that gets the big stop on deffense late in the game. Both 'off' have shown that they can put points on the board. No argument there. Both defenses have shown that they can stop other teams. It's a question of who wants it more late in the game. I am going to take Central in a close one.

WC-24

RHS-21

well, considering WC & Riverdales history, this game should be a blowout. and what do you mean by miller didn't do good vs the wing t?

I know your post came as a response to another but I would like to say that the "HISTORY" of a team does nothing for the actual game. When it comes down to it the only thing that matters is what is going on that night, in that quarter, and on that down. History is nothing more than a memory.

I know your post came as a response to another but I would like to say that the "HISTORY" of a team does nothing for the actual game. When it comes down to it the only thing that matters is what is going on that night, in that quarter, and on that down. History is nothing more than a memory.

That was my point of saying that, if leethal thought rhs should have beat lavergne in the ground because of the past meetings, then leethal is crazy to think that. like i think it would be crazy to say that riverdale should beat wc in the ground because of past meetings.

Nothing gets the blood pumping like being an underdog on the road.

This will likely just be a preview of the 3rd round of the playoffs. I think either WC or Riverdale will beat Cookeville. This Friday's game is most important because it would determine home field for that game.

Imagine for a moment putting the crowd that witnessed the 3rd round Riverdale-LC game a couple years ago in the stadium at WC. No way does the place hold that crowd.

It's starting to get really fun now...

Nothing gets the blood pumping like being an underdog on the road.

This will likely just be a preview of the 3rd round of the playoffs. I think either WC or Riverdale will beat Cookeville. This Friday's game is most important because it would determine home field for that game.

Imagine for a moment putting the crowd that witnessed the 3rd round Riverdale-LC game a couple years ago in the stadium at WC. No way does the place hold that crowd.

It's starting to get really fun now...

I just wonder if I need to go over tomorrow to get my parking spot for this weeks game? I have a feeling there 'might' be a crowd. <_<

I just hope WC doesn't surprise us with that dreaded offense Franklin played us with like last year. Maybe they will also show us how to get on the field also. After all we need all the help we can get. :blink: