McMinn County vs Oak Ridge

flamethrower99

Don't want to change the field condition subject (Oh, wait, yes I do!) but I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on something I've been wondering all year. I know the younger Gulmire kid is a good safety, but why does he play on defense at all? I know a lot of schools where the QB doesn't play defense. Is he that much better than his backup safety that he has to play? Like I said just wondering if anyone actually had the reasons for him playing both ways.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to change the field condition subject (Oh, wait, yes I do!) but I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on something I've been wondering all year. I know the younger Gulmire kid is a good safety, but why does he play on defense at all? I know a lot of schools where the QB doesn't play defense. Is he that much better than his backup safety that he has to play? Like I said just wondering if anyone actually had the reasons for him playing both ways.

I think Coach Stevens likes to field who he feels is the best person at that position, which in this case is Conner, he is very athletic and has good field presence, also Coach Stevens has the luxury of having not one but two quality backup QBs (Jason Lewis and Revel Coffey) I think this affords him some leeway with Conner. Conner, like Spencer likes to hit, and although I know he is a QB, deep down I think playing defense is a little more fun for him.

Edited by catback

Hey Tribe Fan, things must be pretty bad at McMinn. To come on here and run down Blankenship Field is quite comical. I suggest you come up here and see for yourself a first class facility, and you'll get a chance to watch a good football team while your at it. By the way, we already played "The Tribe", they're from Kingsport. Prepare for a beating.

Not to be critical but the Boosters didn't make the improvements to The Ship the Quarterback did. The boosters are there for the team needs and the Quarterback club is for the needs of The Ship. You gotta love em both. Two different groups also.

Your absolutely correct!! It was the Quarterback Club, they have done a great job!!

i wanna know why these folks are cutting down the 'ship. last time i checked that place is the best place to playfootball. ok the field has not been the same since the semi finals in 03 when riverdale one, but up til then it was perfect. find me a better place to play then when the train horn goes off, the railroad sign starts flashing, and the boys start down the steps. ive done i t i know. you cant top that for anything in the whole world...

TC#54

TC whats up its me Eazy-E u are absolutely correct my friend about Blankenship Field

Hey Tribe Fan, things must be pretty bad at McMinn. To come on here and run down Blankenship Field is quite comical. I suggest you come up here and see for yourself a first class facility, and you'll get a chance to watch a good football team while your at it. By the way, we already played "The Tribe", they're from Kingsport. Prepare for a beating.

I think that you are wrong it aint a blowout at halftime it was 14-14. Now in the 3rd quarter it is just 28-14 so i dont think that is a blowout! :thumb:

Final score was Oak Ridge 34 and McMinn 14. The game was tied at half. McMinn could not get anything going in the second half. The turning point was on a pass interference call on Lebron Arnwine, that according to the radio, was a very bad call. After that OR scored and then scored again soon after that. Sounded like Trace McDermott had another good game. Had a couple good runs, and played very well on Defense along with Nigel Holland. McDermott has played very well these last few games.

McMinn Co. gave Oak Ridge all they wanted and more in the first half but the second was all Oak Ridge. It was a bad call most definently offense pass interference.

Like a McMinn Co. coach said his kids don't know they are a 1 and 5 team.

They will be a force to worry about next year.

But the CATS with the Dark Side did overcome a slow start and git a big win

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

ALL THE WAY TO THE BORO

The Ship is a unique field once it gets cold. After it turns colors and you throw on some paint there isnt another field that can compare to what you get to play on. As for the game, 34-14 isnt anywhere near what OR fans were wanting. We needed a big win over a team thats not done much this year, and a 20 pt win with a tie at halftime is not the way to go. A W is a W!!!

Go Cats!!!